Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
wrong forum again?
    #2163297 - 12/06/03 02:41 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Okay, so i got high again and I want to know something.

I am thinking about life. YOu have this energy, some force, driving life to search out excellence; evolving, become more complicated. You have this other force searching the most basic way to destroy that life. Humans are pretty evolved, and we like to talk about ourselves, let's use us. So, we have these newfangled simplistic energies searching for ways to destroy us i.e.: virii, etc.

and then I started thinking about an afterlife, I want to know if the actions I take here are going to affect what I dont understand. And then I got worried about if I should be even thinking about these things, philosophy, etc. but I remembered my aunt saying something like "fear gives the enemy a foothold," and I took comfort in my ability to reasure myself that I could take back that foothold the enemy has. "Just lose the fear and you're one step further from the enemy" type of thing.

So then I figured that it's a gift, I should just give thanks. This high order creature has the ability to make this reason, philosophy, so I'll just fucking do it. I'm not going to make myself feel fear, or guilt for something that I was given. That doesn't seeem right.

...and then my mind schizo'd and I thought, Moderation is key, in all things. It should be a rule or something, cuz everything that I can think of, moderation is key.

Maybe you shouldn't frequent an online philosophy message board if you didn't want to read the same damn shit over and over.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: wrong forum again? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2163323 - 12/06/03 02:58 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

and I am doing it again.

I took one of those things math parabola things, and figured, it doesn't matter how much evidence you get, you'll never know the truth. If the truth is based on a reason, then that's got to be supported by evidence.

A wise man once told me that nothing can be proved, only contraries disproved. Or something I can't quit remeber, but I bought it and everytime i remeber it exactly, i pretty much totally agree with it.

So nothing can be proven, only more evidence gathered for a bigger picture. But take the never ending porabolla...

.|..
.|..
.|...
.|....
.|......
.|..........
.|_________________
.|

You gather more evidence, but you never know if it touches. You can gather enough evidence that you just figure, it never fucking will, but you dont know because as you gather more evidence it does get closr.

But then, isn't that enough evidence to just say that it never will??

The scientist says "the evidence isn't there to support it, so it's just a whimzical fancyfication until it is proven"

Is there a reason why anything must be left to faith??

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: wrong forum again? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2163434 - 12/06/03 04:51 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

truth huh?  what truth?  truth about..............

it's best not to worry or think about the afterlife.  all in the while you're thinking about what could be, you are wasting the time that could have been

"Is there a reason why anything must be left to faith??"

faith is a belief in anything, and that includes ethics/moral code, standards etc. 

now if you're talking about a system of religious belief being faith, it still needed.  it;s a part of us, need not to rule it out totally.  sure you may not see a need for it, but other people do. And I see its usefulness because one of the big things that differentiate me from many others, is my belief system (or lack thereof which ever it may be). some people need it, and it;s there for them.  you may call it delusion, but who are you to say what is and what isn't.

can you really say what is and what isn't 100%????  I don't think you can.  yeah see that's where we need proof to say stuff like that.  there's so much floating around that we cannot prove, yet it is still there. 

so then you could say hey if this is the case, then why think about it?  heh I would answer that by saying, make up or find your own answer. and if you can't then you need to look at what you're doing :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology