Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: marijuana is safer than mcdonalds [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21616657 - 04/30/15 08:12 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coincidentiaoppositorum said:

Regardless if mcdonalds IS NOT a drug and marijuana IS, and marijuana is safer than mcdonalds, what does that tel you?

-E. Borodin

I think it suggests that arbitrarily comparing different categories of products for their risk:benefit ratio may not be the best approach to public policy.  For example, why would you compare infant choking deaths from ping-pong balls to drownings.  What meaningful conclusions can be drawn?  The same might be said of comparing food to drugs.

Scheduling recommendations under the Controlled Substances Act are based on relative (drug-to-drug) comparisons.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoincidentiaoppositorum
deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
Re: marijuana is safer than mcdonalds [Re: badchad]
    #21617209 - 04/30/15 11:26 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I was attempting to point out the absurdity in their drug law classiifications to begin with,mcdonalds was just the example I was able to use because of the two films, it could have been anything....
By the way, read the back of hand-soap, the FDA considers it a drug, it will say "drug facts" on the back label, toothpaste is considered a drug as well, the FDA qualifications for a drug include a good deal of things you would not expect.

If mcdonalds is more dangerous than a plant that is federally considered schedule-1 it proves the absurdity of the laws that are supposedly to "protect us from ourselves"

...and why you would defend mcdonalds is beyond me...

E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
    #21617257 - 04/30/15 11:40 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

They put these two drugs to the same test, 30 days of massive abuse of each drug.
Which is why I compared marijuana to mcdonalds, it was not arbitrarily chosen, it was based on one person doing a 30 day mcdonalds experiment, and one person trying the SAME experiment with marijuana, then comparing the results.

I actually just made the post as a stoned observation after watching "super-high me" and didn't take it serious in the least bit, but to see people back-lash against a statement like "marijuana is safer than mcdonalds" when for one this is obvious, for two its been Proven several times in several studies that marijuana is benign and junkfood is not,  and three I was not being very serious in the first place, it was a light hearted observation not a grounds to debate.

-E. Borodin

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #21617289 - 04/30/15 11:52 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I don't put too much stock in the conclusions reached in those kinds of movies. They're for entertainment primarily. "Fat Head" is another movie in the same kind of style that challenges some of the claims from Super Size Me.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#21617290 - 04/30/15 11:53 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I wasn't defending McDonald's. 

I was attempting to explain to you the statutory definitions of "drugs" and "food."  They are regulated differently, and in a larger context, it makes a bit of sense. 

As I often tell people, you should take the time to actually read a scheduling document to see how the process works, and to see the criteria used to evaluate a drug of abuse.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
    #21620832 - 05/01/15 06:51 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I keep telling you to please post these prerequisites for drug scheduling.

(Which I have gone over many times,specialy the federal analogue act of 1986, every other drug was schedule through series of legislative and court processes in which they had to project the drug as having EXTREME dangers, when they were attempting to schedeule MDMA several hearings in court had to be gone through, and though schedule3 was recommended the schedule1 ruling came down AGAINST the advice of the DEAs own admisinstrators...its not a fair or just process by ANY means........now they have "emergency scheduling".....which is how they schedule drugs now....)

And I was trying to point out the hypocrisy of laws that are made to "protect us from ourselves"  .....with a light-hearted observation, ITS obvious that marijuana is benign and junkfood is not.

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
    #21622615 - 05/01/15 03:56 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

If the "marijuana is safer than mcdonalds" remark got a response this is sure to....

All the classic psychedelics are safer than a mcdonalds addiction.

We know the classic psychedelics (DMT, LSD, psilocin/psilocybin, mescaline, and marijuana) are physically benign (As senior LSD researcher Dr. David Nichols, Distinguished Chair of Pharmacology at Purdue University and head of one of the world's top LSD research labs, stated in his 2004 review article on hallucinogens, "There is no evidence that any of the hallucinogens, even the very powerful semisynthetic LSD, causes damage to any human body organ. [...] Hallucinogens do not cause life-threatening changes in cardiovascular, renal, or hepatic function because they have little or no affinity for the biological receptors and targets that mediate vital vegetative functions -erowid) 
but recent studies are showing that there is no link to use of the classic psychedelics and mental health issues http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/10580/20150310/recreational-psychedelic-drugs-risk-mental-health-study.htm

These things (classic psychedelics) are NOT dangerous, they are physically benign and pose little to no health  risks, and have actually been shown to do more to TREAT mental illness rather then cause it, they have also been in use by man for thousands of years (with the exception of LSD, though the mazatec people did consume lysergic acid amide via ipomea species for thousands of years) for religious and medical purposes.....the constitution promises the government will not interfere with the religion you practice, yet if your religious practices include consuming entheogens (that have been in use religiously way before Christ or the monotheistic cults existed) our government will arrest and charge you...

All the drug laws concerning the classic psychedelics are unconstitutional, hypocritical, unjustified, and repugnant.

-E. Borodin

health issues,

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: marijuana is safer than mcdonalds [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #21622732 - 05/01/15 04:41 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
but they left out the part that when u smoke marijuana you will eat MORE mcdonalds, so truth be told, weed will kill you

Only idiots who don't really mind sacrificing there health will do this

when I get high I want, a steak or hot wings or any good healthy meal

not processed poison in a bun

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#21622880 - 05/01/15 05:27 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Coincidentiaoppositorum said:
I keep telling you to please post these prerequisites for drug scheduling.

The scheduling process involves eight factors.  These appear under 21 U.S.C. § 811

1.Its actual or relative potential for abuse. 
2.Scientific evidence of the drug's pharmacological effects, if known. 
3.The state of current scientific knowledge regarding the drug or other substance.
4.Its history and current patterns of abuse. 
5.The scope, duration and significance of abuse. 
6.What, if any, risk there is to the public health. 
7.Its psychic or physiological dependence liability.
8.Whether the substance is an immediate precursor of a substance already controlled.

More importantly, you should look up how these factors are interpreted.  Just by looking at the list, you'll realize physiological "dangers" are only a small part of it.  You'll also realize that food items don't fit the criteria, and that even if you tried scheduling decisions are based on relative comparisons (e.g., a comparisons to something else).  The attractiveness and "abuse potential" of a healthy, homegrown steak is miles ahead of a McD's burger.

This is a well-beyond a thread that you clearly made in jest...

--------------------

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
    #21628878 - 05/03/15 05:55 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

- The point of the post was topoint out the hypocrissy of laws that "protect us from ourselves"...and obviously it was not a serious statement meant for debate, marijuana is safer than mcdonalds, aside from being true, it clearly demonstrates my point.
(By the way personal and public safety IS behind everyone of those 8 points, and placing marijuana in schedule 1 when its safer than a product sold on every street corner IS hypocritical.

1.Its actual or relative potential for abuse. (Mcdonalds has a very high abuse potential)

2. Scientific evidence of the drug's pharmacological effects, if known.

3.The state of current scientific knowledge regarding the drug or OTHER SUBSTANCE

. 4.Its history and current patterns of abuse. (We see this with mcdonalds)

5.The scope, duration and significance of abuse (all observable with mcdonalds)

. 6.What, if any, risk there is to the public health (mcdonalds has HIGH risk to public health)

. 7.Its psychic or physiological dependence liability. (Mcdonalds is addictive)

8.Whether the substance is an immediate precursor of a substance already controlled.

This is not how drugs are scheduled any more, new scheduling involves emergency scheduling and analogue laws.

All these 8 points were meant to be discussed during legislative processes involved in banning a compound, which I already addressed

For one, this is old, "emergency scheduling" is how drugs are scheduled now, it by-passes legislation and court hearings, READ" the federal analogue act of 1986"

And mcdonalds clearly meets the qualifications for scheduling, these things are written so broadly that that Damn near anything is amenable to meet the prerequisites...

I don't see why you have such an issue with this, these things are obvious •foods and drugs are closley related (which is why there is an FDA and not two seperate organizations) •marijuana is benign •mcdonalds is bad for you...its simple stuff Obviously this thread was a light-hearted observation "marijuana is safer than mcdonalds..

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
    #21628887 - 05/03/15 06:04 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think you need to smoke some marijuana, un-clench your tight ass, relax, and learn to laugh....

Its cool if your pro-drug legislation, pro-mcdonalds, and don't understand how food and drugs are related.....but come on now,  does "marijuana is safer than mcdonalds" sound serious to you? Or does it sound like someone is seeing Humour in the fact that marijuana is schedule-1 for public safety reasons, and yet is safer than legal products sold on every street corner.....its not rocket science.

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery
    #21628921 - 05/03/15 06:28 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Most foods are drugs and most drugs are foods.

Every "spice" in your cabinet contains one of these compounds, safrole, isosafrole, elemicin, myristicin, etc...all these compounds are mildly psychoactive, and are all just one amine addition from being psychedelics. (Marijuana does NOT contain alkaloids, it contains aromatic terpenoid/diterpeniod hydrocarbons which do NOT contain an amine group, the aromatic oils in marijuana really are not much different from the essential oils in any spice in your cabinet. Legally marijuana should be considered a spice and spices are foods.

-E. Borodin

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #21628967 - 05/03/15 07:06 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I can go to gym and work off anything bad macdonalds did to my body. Despite the hippy medical advice there is no such thing as smoke that is good for your lungs. All smoke is bad for your lungs. Macdonalds gets hate because its trendy. Calling it addictive is more of the victim shit. Its not your fault, you were hooked. Macdonalds is keeping poor and homeless people alive. When i stop there in hour for breakfast it will be full of homeless people. I consider them heroic for it.
Anyway this thread is full of retarded shit like lsd cures mental illness and steak and wings are good for you.

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: marijuana is safer than mcdonalds [Re: my3rdeye]
    #21628995 - 05/03/15 07:23 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Ganja smoke doesn't clog the lungs with mucous and tar like tobacco does. Most people breathe in and don't expectorate the hundreds, even thousands of chemicals/pollutants that the world uses. Smoking herb helps to cough these chemicals out with a completely different cough than tobacco causes. I have what people call a deep chronic cough but only after a big bong rip. Most tobacco smokers I know have a lingering persistent chronic shallow cough that never helps them clear the lungs or airway. I know tobacco is not the friendly clown but it's probably even safer.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: marijuana is safer than mcdonalds [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum] * 1
    #21628999 - 05/03/15 07:25 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I smoke weed and eat mcdonalds

the trick is to do both..if you only do one, you're fucked.
but if you do both, they cancel each other out.

that's how it works

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds