Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

Ziplock bags in PC
    #2162741 - 12/05/03 09:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So my friends pink rubber duck was in the proccess of loading millet into jars and oops! he ran out of jars. But, there is some readily available gladware and ziplock storage bags... can either of these withstand a PC at 15psi for 70 minutes? The polyfill filter tek would be easy to convert to gladware, but how can the ducky have air exchange in a bag without inviting contams? Thanks

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejumpship
lawn boy

Re: Ziplock bags in PC [Re: Innernaut]
    #2162813 - 12/05/03 10:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

excuse me if i am wrong but i would think that a zip-lock or gladware would melt down quite quickly under the high heat of a pc. i think with grain it would be best just to trash it or throw it in the compost heap. millet is cheap and makes good fertilizer.

OfflineInnernaut

Re: Ziplock bags in PC [Re: jumpship]
    #2162816 - 12/05/03 10:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

gladware can withstand steam sterilization.... it will be given a shot and the ducky with post his results later on...

--------------------

Anonymous

#2163385 - 12/06/03 03:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

please dont blow up your ...ahem... your friends pink rubber duckies PC. anything that breaks down from the heat in the PC can and will block the valve. That causes pressure build up, beyond the capacity of the PC. Now, most PCs have a rubber stopper that will fly out if the pressure builds up too much. BUT, if it blows out you will have a hell of a mess and HAVE to get it fixed by a professional. You cant just stick that rubber piece back in, well you can but it is very not safe.

Sorry to go off on a tangent there, but my Grandma used to use a PC for very legal canning of garden veggies. I have seen/heard more than one PC blow up in my life.

OfflineInnernaut

Re: Ziplock bags in PC [Re: four20snakeman]
    #2163424 - 12/06/03 04:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks a ton... I am glad to heard it before ducky attempted...

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2163440 - 12/06/03 04:54 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

>You cant just stick that rubber piece back in, well you can but it is very not safe.

My rubber stopper thing is a cork.. from a wine bottle... works great.. i trust it more because i made it..

Anonymous

Re: Ziplock bags in PC [Re: Legoulash]
    #2163480 - 12/06/03 05:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magic_rah said:
>You cant just stick that rubber piece back in, well you can but it is very not safe.

My rubber stopper thing is a cork.. from a wine bottle... works great.. i trust it more because i made it..

But, do you know what PSI it is rated at? that cork could very well not blow out at all. Causing something else on the PC to give. I for one know exactly what a true blue exploding PC can do. I am not willing to see again. Lets just say this, if you are in the room or even the next room over when a PC blows up, you might die. Metal shrapnel will maim/kill whether it is coming from a PC or a land mine.

In conclusion, the rubber stopper is a safety piece. The whole reason they were implemented was because sometime the valve may get clogged. Causing pressure buildup that may or may not cause the PC to explode. When the pressure in a PC builds up to a certian point, that rubber piece will come out. It still causes one hell of a mess but nothing near what a PC actually coming apart can cause.

Remember if you kill yourself, someone has to clean that shit up.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation