Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCatharsis
boobs
I really need some help with something
    #2161972 - 12/05/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

In my science class we're having a "drug education" type thing, but it's not doing a whole lot of educating outside of exaggeration and myths, really. I need some non-erowid reputable evidence that he would HAVE to accept that would prove that: Mushrooms/LSD don't cause brain damage; that they don't CAUSE schizophrenia; that you cant really overdose on either; and that flashbacks aren't a very common occurance. It would also be grand if I could get some information on the effects of long term use of heroin, that weed isn't less cancer causing than tobacco (I don't know this for a fact some clarification would be good), and that no one has died of something directly related to marijuana. I'm not asking for anyone to go around hunting for this stuff for me, because I should be the one doing that. But if anyone knows of any news-type or government approved articles that say stuff like that, it would be great if you could just send them my way. I honestly don't care if I get sent to couselling for "expected drug use" or something like that over this. All the kids are buying into this stuff and they should be able to make their own decisions based on truth instead.

edit: spelling...

Edited by Catharsis (12/05/03 02:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: I really need some help with something [Re: Catharsis]
    #2161995 - 12/05/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Not to be an ass, but try www.google.com :thumbup:

Good to see someone who hasn't fed into the bullshit propaganda. Everyone else will write it in their notebooks and think its true for a long time because they got an A on their drug-related science test. Some may think it's true the rest of their lives. The lab or whatever that conducted the "one joint is worse than 3 cigarette" study was in the backpocket of some politician. I really wish I had a source but essentially they were sucking each others dicks and getting wads of cash for it. More people have died shopping at Walmart this year than stoners.

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
Re: I really need some help with something [Re: ]
    #2162181 - 12/05/03 03:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

believe me, I already tried a bunch of search engines before posting. It's hard as hell to find anything that says what I want it to say, without him being able to wave it off as "pro-drug propaghanda" which is one of the things that pisses me off the most. Just because he has some degree or some shit, and knows the chemical names, doesn't mean he knows what the hell he's talking about.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2162264 - 12/05/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Best bet is to go to your local college library and do a search through the scientific journals for information. They usually have a computer somewhere that has abstracts online for all the articles. Do a search, get copies of the articles; quote them in your papers and site them in your bibliography.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
Re: I really need some help with something [Re: Seuss]
    #2162340 - 12/05/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

wow, that was incredibly good advice. Thanks, I appreciate it.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2163393 - 12/06/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I found the drug information class in my school pretty lame, but they really did listen to our feedback so that was appreciated. The showed us a film about Heroin. First of all, heroin just isn't an issue in my town, if they wanted to do it right they would have talked about speed which is HUGE here, and E.

Also, we pointed out that if they exaggerate the "evils" of pot, when kids realize they were lied to about that they'll think they were lied to about every other drug even though some of them really are dangerous.

OfflineTurnpikeGates
Re: I really need some help with something [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2163483 - 12/06/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

on marijuana, from a British medical journal (via NORML)
http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3476

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: I really need some help with something [Re: TurnpikeGates]
    #2163492 - 12/06/03 04:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

www.maps.com

i think thats the link at least.

--------------------

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Loc: Arizona
Re: I really need some help with something [Re: Noviseer]
    #2164241 - 12/06/03 12:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

For marijuana stuff go to Yahooka.com they got some good shit for legalization. And if you wanted to go to freevibe.com and find some bullshit things (their are many) and prove the site wrong in front of class.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2166259 - 12/07/03 10:46 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know this doesn't help you in your research, but.....
The burden of proof lies on the school and your teachers. If they are making claims that are inflamatory and condemning, then they must provide the evidence to back their argument. You should not have to show them counter-evidence. In fact, if they are spreading disinformation, then they are committing the worst type of educational malpractice.

Make THEM show YOU the evidence!

Offlinethujone
Stranger
    #2195176 - 12/22/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

One kinda lame point but its typical of the brain washing is the movie refer maddness that came out in an attempt to get kids not to try weed. just show you have to be careful what lies you tell kids cause when they find out you bullshit'm about that to such a big degree why should they belive shit you say. reffer maddness was a total joke and made the makers and backers of that film look very stupid and out right liars. you might ask your teacher to comment or give his thoughts on that propaganda.

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: I really need some help with something [Re: thujone]
    #2195242 - 12/22/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms/LSD don't cause brain damage; that they don't CAUSE schizophrenia; that you cant really overdose on either

Looks like you've been pointed in some good directions already, but there are two things to keep in mind.

1) No one knows the causes of schizophrenia. Remind this guy of that, and if he disagrees demand that, on the validity of your education, he provide you with the source of his information.

2) You can overdose on psilocybin and LSD. You can over dose on any and every drug. Of course, that includes tylenol, aspirin, caffiene, alcohol, nicotine... the list goes on and on.

That fact that you simply can overdose on a drug does not mean that the drug is dangerous, in and of itself it only means that the drug has some form of physiological activity.

My big suggestion. If you're arguing with your drug ed teacher it is probably considered a given by him that you are a drug user. As such, you should strive to do as well in his class as you can. If you blow it off just because it's propogandist bull shit it could eaily appear, to him, that you are feeding into the stoner stereotype.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: I really need some help with something [Re: Teon]
    #2195321 - 12/22/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Teon said:
My big suggestion. If you're arguing with your drug ed teacher it is probably considered a given by him that you are a drug user. As such, you should strive to do as well in his class as you can. If you blow it off just because it's propogandist bull shit it could eaily appear, to him, that you are feeding into the stoner stereotype.

Good advice, Teon! :cool:

I also like what was said by evileye about making your teacher provide real facts. Be prepared to refute them if you can.

Good luck! :thumbup:

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (12/22/03 08:57 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate