Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
The gross misuse of the word "junta"
    #2161684 - 12/05/03 01:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

jun?ta ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hnt, jn-)
n.
A group of military officers ruling a country after seizing power.
A council or small legislative body in a government, especially in Central or South America.

This nation is not led by a "group of military officers", nor did they "seize power". If they had, the elections wouldn't be ocurring in a little under a year. If they stop the elections, start wearing military uniforms in their offical capacit, you can use this word. Until then, using it only demonstrates your dictionary-challenged mind. :-)

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
Re: The gross misuse of the word "junta" [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2161801 - 12/05/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know, these juntas don't know anything about what a junta really is. It really juntas the junta out of me. I wanna throw junta in their junta loving faces. Hey, remember that show "The Junta Bunch"? That one girl, Jan Junta was really cute. I loved it how she'd say, "Junta, Junta, Junta" whenever she was jealous of her older junta. Anyway, peace love and junta.

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2161816 - 12/05/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

best Phish album. ever.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2161831 - 12/05/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

This nation is not led by a "group of military officers", nor did they "seize power".

You might want to check on that second statement.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The gross misuse of the word "junta" [Re: silversoul7]
    #2162061 - 12/05/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

This nation is not led by a "group of military officers", nor did they "seize power".

You might want to check on that second statement.

No need. They won by all the rules in place at the time of the election.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: The gross misuse of the word "junta" [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2162063 - 12/05/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

False.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2162071 - 12/05/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
False.

Actually it's true as has been shown several times, both law and the recounts which followed.

Now if you don't wish to accept that, fine. Be honest enough however to preface an obviously false statement with an "IMO".

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2162077 - 12/05/03 03:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No, the facts are that the Supreme Court overstepped its jurisdiction and justified it by a scewed interpretation of the Equal Protection Clause.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2162085 - 12/05/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

OK, don't be honest about it. Whatever gets you by.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2162088 - 12/05/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What's dishonest about the facts?

--------------------

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2162094 - 12/05/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No, not false at all. If you think that some minor mistake was made in Florida that lead to Bush being elected, so be it. I don't see ANY proof of that, and a later hand count PROVED that Bush won (another "fact" that liberals like to blindly ignore). However, to compare that to the bloody coups and "juntas" of South America, Africa and the Middle East is a bit of an intellectual stretch.

Bush was elected fairly, wether you like it or not. Bush isn't preventing the elections from occuring or modifying them in a Saddam-esque way that would indicate a junta had taken place. Bush isn't executing or maiming his political opponents a la Arafat. You might not like how he got in power, but it certaintly wasn't a junta.

And bush and blair have no offical relationship, and you haven't said anything about how BLAIRs election was a "junta". A Junta isn't a combination of rulers of DIFFERENT nations, it is the leadership of one nation.

This is a very effective and descriptive politically savvy word you are using, but you are definatly misusing it.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2162095 - 12/05/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

If they were in your favor here, then nothing. Sadly for you, they are not.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2162110 - 12/05/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Bush isn't preventing the elections from occuring or modifying them in a Saddam-esque way that would indicate a junta had taken place.

We'll see about that. With the new electronic voting machines, I'd be more than a little suspicious about that.

Quote:

Bush isn't executing or maiming his political opponents a la Arafat.

Of course not. He's just having them rounded up, arrested, and tried in secret.

Quote:

And bush and blair have no offical relationship, and you haven't said anything about how BLAIRs election was a "junta". A Junta isn't a combination of rulers of DIFFERENT nations, it is the leadership of one nation.

Yes, I haven't mentioned Blair once. Should I?

Quote:

This is a very effective and descriptive politically savvy word you are using, but you are definatly misusing it.

Not once have I referred to the Bush administration as a "junta." Go ahead and check my post history if you don't believe me.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2162114 - 12/05/03 03:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:

If they were in your favor here, then nothing. Sadly for you, they are not.

You forgot to add "IMO."

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2162138 - 12/05/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Don't need to as it's not just my opinion. I've posted the proof in previous threads where you were as wrong then as you are now. You were unable to provide evidence to support your claim then, if you can do so now feel free.

When you can, let me know. Until then this is pointless so feel free to add yet another..... "did so."

--------------------

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2162139 - 12/05/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
We'll see about that. With the new electronic voting machines, I'd be more than a little suspicious about that.

Maybe the minorities still won't be smart enough to figure them out. If we had some sitting in circuit city, they could steal them and learn for a few months?
Quote:

Of course not. He's just having them rounded up, arrested, and tried in secret.

How many of Bush's political opponents are on jail? What in the name of god are you talking about?
Quote:

Yes, I haven't mentioned Blair once. Should I?

My fault for the quick reply there, their is another user, I'll say afoaf and correct it if I'm wrong, that frequently refers to the "Bush/blair Juanta". That is what I was referring to.
Quote:

Not once have I referred to the Bush administration as a "junta." Go ahead and check my post history if you don't believe me.

I was using the collective "you" and addressing those that have. My fault for the quick reply and the miscomm.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2162149 - 12/05/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

One hand count doesnt "PROVE" anything...let alone that the recount that counted would have yielded the same result...at issue is the fact that by stopping that recount..the SCOTUS (rhymes w/ "scrotum") illegally ruled the outcome of the election...and the mere fact that they did so proves that Gore would have won the FL recount..which still had a long way to go..when 80% of Bush's lead had disappeared...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The gross misuse of the word "junta" [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2162158 - 12/05/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2162176 - 12/05/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Maybe the minorities still won't be smart enough to figure them out. If we had some sitting in circuit city, they could steal them and learn for a few months?

Showing your blind ignorance and bigotry again, I see. Actually, I was referring to the fact that such machines leave no paper trail, and thus could easily be hacked and no one would ever know about it except those doing the hacking.

Quote:

How many of Bush's political opponents are on jail? What in the name of god are you talking about?

Two words: Patriot Act.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2162201 - 12/05/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
:lol: 

why dont u..try eating a bit of mushrooms..for a change... :crazy2: 

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies