Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | Next > | Last >
Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21546922 - 04/14/15 03:22 PM (9 years, 4 days ago)

'You shouldn't ever be afraid to say positive and kind things to people, because doing so can work miracles.' -- me.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejerseyian
Friend
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: once in a lifetime]
    #21559494 - 04/17/15 12:12 PM (9 years, 1 day ago)

I love the book "the Power of now". That's a quote in itself and there is nothing new he is writing about. .True spiritual principles are never in conflict". That one is nice and I agree completely.

--------------------
YEP  I AM TREE HUGGING HIPPIE
Have... several different prints.

Want to trade any ethnobotanical seeds? I have lots.

sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: jerseyian]
    #21564743 - 04/18/15 05:37 PM (9 years, 14 hours ago)

Agreed 100% jerseyian

'My God is love, and sweetly suffers all.' - Sri Aurobindo

'My religion is kindness.' - Dalai Lama

'A woman who wishes to be equal with men lacks ambition,' - Tim Leary

'It is possible to live twenty-four hours a day in a state of love. Every movement, every glance, every thought, and every word can be infused with love.' - Thich Nhat Hanh

'In true love, you attain freedom.' - Thich Nhat Hanh

'Superstition is our great enemy, but bigotry is worse.' - Vivekananda

'If the vision was true and mighty, as I know it was, then it is true and mighty yet, for such things are of the spirit.' - Black Elk

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Invisiblemt cleverest
clevendafodil

#21570723 - 04/20/15 07:16 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Pulling out the chair
Beneath your mind.
And watching you fall upon God-

What else is there
For Hafiz to do
That is any fun in this world?
Hafiz

sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: mt cleverest]
    #21571149 - 04/20/15 10:15 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

“No matter how bad a state of mind you may get into, if you keep strong and hold out, eventually the floating clouds must vanish and the withering wind must cease.”
― Dōgen

'Long accustomed to meditating on love and compassion,
I have forgotten all difference between myself and others.'
-Mila

'In a word, this ideal is that you are divine.' - Swami Vivekananda

“If you love someone, the greatest gift you can give them is your presence” - Hanh

“I am inviting you to go deeper, to learn and to practice so that you become someone who has a great capacity for being solid, calm, and without fear, because our society needs people like you who have these qualities, and your children, our children, need people like you, in order to go on, in order to become solid, and calm, and without fear.” - Hanh

“Nonviolent action, born of the awareness of suffering and nurtured by love, is the most effective way to confront adversity.” - Hanh

“If we do not know how to take care of ourselves and to love ourselves, we cannot take care of the people we love. Loving oneself is the foundation for loving another person.” - Hanh

“Do not avoid contact with suffering or close your eyes before suffering. Do not lose awareness of the existence of suffering in the life of the world. Find ways to be with those who are suffering by all means, including personal contact and visits, images, sounds. By such means, awaken yourself and others to the reality of suffering in the world. If we get in touch with the suffering of the world, and are moved by that suffering, we may come forward to help the people who are suffering.” - Hanh

Really love Hafiz and loved that quote you put, mt cleverest. .

I have long noticed, let go, and the universe catches you.  Infinitely.

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

sun child
 User Gallery

#21580259 - 04/22/15 01:13 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

'…some say that Happiness is not Good for Mortals & they ought to be answerd that Sorrow is not fit for Immortals & is utterly useless to any one.  A blight never does good to a tree & if a blight kill not a tree but it still bear fruit let none say that the fruit was in consequence of the blight.' - William Blake

'Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.' - Thich Nhat Hanh

'When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love.'

'The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person’s suffering and bring that person joy.'

'Life is also filled with many wonders, like the blue sky, the sunshine, the eyes of a baby. To suffer is not enough. We must also be in touch with the wonders of life. They are within us and all around us, everywhere, any time.
If we are not happy, if we are not peaceful, we cannot share peace and happiness with others, even those we love, those who live under the same roof. If we are happy, if we are peaceful, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace. Do we need to make a special effort to enjoy the beauty of the blue sky? Do we have to practice to be able to enjoy it? No, we just enjoy it. Each second, each minute of our lives can be like this. Wherever we are, any time, we have the capacity to enjoy the sunshine, the presence of each other, even the sensation of our breathing. We don't need to go to China to enjoy the blue sky. We don't have to travel into the future to enjoy our breathing. We can be in touch with these things right now. It would be a pity if we are only aware of suffering.'

'Each moment is a chance for us to make peace with the world, to make peace possible for the world, to make happiness possible for the world.'

“Only the present moment contains life.” -Hanh

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Invisiblepablokabute
Hari ng Amag
 User Gallery

Loc: rural ghetto
    #21587702 - 04/23/15 08:08 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

--------------------

Fermented Mushrooms!!
--- https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23378638/fpart/1/vc/1

'The second seal: “All CONTAMINATED things and events are unsatisfactory.”'

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all - you live in THE HEART OF THE BEAST."

--Anonymous Guerilla, or is he..

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: pablokabute]
    #21587782 - 04/23/15 08:21 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

"There is no question, but love is always the answer." ~ Matt Kahn :sun:

--------------------

sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: deff]
    #21590183 - 04/24/15 11:28 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

“We who have touched war have a duty to bring the truth about war to those who have not had a direct experience of it. We are the light at the tip of the candle. It is really hot, but it has the power of shining and illuminating. If we practice mindfulness, we will know how to look deeply into the nature of war and, with our insight, wake people up so that together we can avoid repeating the same horrors again and again.” - Hanh

'Perfect womanhood is perfect independence.' - Vivekananda

“We live in an age wherein despite immense scientific and technological advancements, we are witnessing the disintegration of many other important aspects of our lives. Therefore our focus today should neither be on dependence nor non-dependence, but on interdependence. This is because humans, animals, plants, the earth, the sky, the atmosphere, the sun, the moon and all the planets are all interdependent.” - Amma

“The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers & cities; but to know someone who thinks & feels with us, & who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.” - J.W. von Goethe

“He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.” - Goethe

“All theory is gray, my friend. But forever green is the tree of life.” - "

'Education is the manifestation of perfection present already in man. Religion is the manifestation of the divinity already in man.'

'This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive.'

'Never mind failures; they are quite natural, they are the beauty of life, these failures. What would life be without them?. . . So never mind these failures, these little backslidings; hold the ideal a thousand times, and if you fail a thousand times, make the attempt once more.'

'Take up an idea, devote yourself to it, struggle on in patience, and the sun will rise for you.'

'We must overcome difficulty by constant practice. We must learn that nothing can happen to us unless we make ourselves susceptible to it.'

'The goal of mankind is knowledge. . . . Now this knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside: it is all inside. What we say a man "knows," should, in strict psychological language, be what he "discovers" or "unveils"; what man "learns" is really what he discovers by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.'
Vivekananda

'The world is ready to give up its secrets if we only know how to knock, how to give it the necessary blow. The strength and force of the blow come through concentration.
There cannot be friendship without equality.'
'There is no help for you outside of yourself; you are the creator of the universe. Like the silkworm you have built a cocoon around yourself…. Burst your own cocoon and come out as the beautiful butterfly, as the free soul. Then alone you will see Truth.'

'This life is a hard fact; work your way through it boldly, though it may be adamantine; no matter, the soul is stronger.' - Vivekananda

'Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.'

'If your treat an individual... as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.'

'As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.' - Goethe

'The first sign that you are becoming religious is that you are becoming cheerful.'

'The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves!'

'The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength. Teach men of strength that is already within them.' - Vivekananda

:rasta:

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

sun child
 User Gallery

#21608494 - 04/28/15 10:25 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

'I have arrived,
I am home
In the here
and in the now.'

'The mind can go in a thousand directions,
But on this lovely day I walk in peace,
With each step, a gentle wind blows,
With each step, a flower blooms.'

-two useful gatas (gone) shared by Thay, good for singing in walking..

“The kingdom of God is available to you in the here and the now. But the question is whether you are available to the kingdom. Our practice is to make ourselves ready for the kingdom so that it can manifest in the here and the now. You don't need to die in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. In fact, you have to be truly alive in order to do so.” -Thay

There is a land of pure delight,
Where saints immortal reign;
Infinite day excludes the night,
And pleasures banish pain.
-Isaac Watts

I'the commonwealth I would by contraries
Execute all things; for no kind of traffic
Would I admit; no name of magistrate;
Letters should not be known; riches, poverty,
And use of service, none; contract, succession,
Bourn, bound of land, tilth, vineyard, none;
No use of metal, corn, or wine, or oil;
No occupation; all men idle, all,
And women too, but innocent and pure.
-Shakespeare

Among all living things
mountains and rivers,
grasses and trees,
even the sounds of blowing winds
and rising waves -
there is nothing
that is not the nembutsu

-Ippen

True entrusting means that you're able to truly relate to another being. Not only human beings but
with plants and animals. Even those things that cannot speak, you're able to hear their
feelings. Namu-amida-butsu.

Myokonin, Ichitaro

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

InvisiblePocketLady
 User Gallery

#21609727 - 04/28/15 03:55 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

"Do not go by revelation;
Do not go by tradition;
Do not go by hearsay;
Do not go on the authority of sacred texts;
Do not go on the grounds of pure logic;
Do not go by a view that seems rational;
Do not go by reflecting on mere appearances;
Do not go along with a considered view because you agree with it;
Do not go along on the grounds that the person is competent;
Do not go along because "the recluse is our teacher."
Kalamas, when you yourselves know: These things are unwholesome, these things are blameworthy; these things are censured by the wise; and when undertaken and observed, these things lead to harm and ill, abandon them...
Kalamas, when you know for yourselves: These are wholesome; these things are not blameworthy; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness, having undertaken them, abide in them."

~ Guatama Buddha

"Don't take the world upon your shoulders.
You don't have such a responsibility.
Your responsibility is to find and be your Self.
Nobody can save this world. Leave all to God.
Also it is good to know and have this attitude
that nothing in this world belongs to you—not even 'you'.
Everything is Him alone.
When you know this, all suffering and sorrows will go.
The space that remains is your true Self—who is He."

~ Mooji

--------------------
Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity.
The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
Tomorrow, when resurrection comes,
The heart that is not in love will fail the test.

~ Rumi

The day we start giving Love instead of seeking Love, we will have re-written our whole destiny.
~ Swami Chinmayanada Saraswatir

Edited by PocketLady (04/28/15 04:16 PM)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: PocketLady]
    #21654945 - 05/08/15 08:47 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

A SLEEP OF PRISONERS

Dark and cold we may be, but this

Is no winter now. The frozen misery

Of centuries breaks, cracks, begins to move;

The thunder is the thunder of the floes,

The thaw, the flood, the upstart Spring.

Thank God our time is now when wrong

Comes up to face us everywhere,

Never to leave us till we take

The longest stride of soul we ever took.

Affairs are now soul size.

The enterprise

Is exploration into God.

Where are you making for? It takes

So many thousand years to wake,

But will you wake for pity's sake!

-- Christopher Fry

sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Middleman]
    #21666789 - 05/11/15 07:01 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

'The infinite subconscious is working just fine in me, how 'bout you?'

That is, everything.

Oh my >>>>>>>>>>> flight to Mars.

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: once in a lifetime] * 1
    #21669041 - 05/12/15 09:10 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

When a drunk man falls off a cart, he is not severely injured. Why is this? The drunk man's bones and flesh are the same as everybody else's, but while the conscious man might be killed in the fall, the drunk man could escape without a scratch. This is because the drunk man is unaware of fear or death. To him there is no difference whether he is in the cart or falling off the cart. On the other hand, the conscious man stiffens up in fear when he falls because he is affected by what is happening around him. If you can lose the sense of self and other through wine, think of what truly forgetting yourself can do. The enlightened person merges with everything around him. Therefore, nothing around him can harm him.

-Lieh-tzu

https://books.google.com/books?id=d_z6k8hwbF4C&pg=PA13&lpg=PA13&dq=enlightenment+drunk+falling+off+cart&source=bl&ots=3zwXWD8KuK&sig=IqFLTvBhhrLtd8gsTK2f3L9cqus&hl=en&sa=X&ei=fhVSVanyM8yoNvblgJgN&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=enlightenment%20drunk%20falling%20off%20cart&f=false

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

sun child
 User Gallery

#21671256 - 05/12/15 06:27 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

“Health, wealth, reputation, and status are all mere ingredients of happiness. The key to true well-being is being able to manage them capably.”
― Kentetsu Takamori, Something You Forgot...Along the Way: Stories of Wisdom and Learning

"When we attain a higher vision, the lower vision disappears of itself." - Vivekananda

Maitripa:
An ox's footprints filled with water
Will soon dry up; so with a mind that's firm
But full of qualities that are not perfect;
These imperfections will in time dry up.

Like salt sea water that turns
Sweet when drunk up by the clouds,
So a firm mind that works for others turns
The poison of sense-objects into nectar.

Shinran:
When we realize the diamondlike true mind, we transcend crosswise the paths of the five courses and eight hindered existences and unfailingly gain ten benefits in the present life. What are these ten?

1. The benefit of being protected and sustained by unseen powers.
2. The benefit of being possessed of supreme virtues.
3. The benefit of our karmic evil being transformed into good.
4. The benefit of being protected and cared for by all the Buddhas.
5. The benefit of being praised by all the Buddhas.
6. The benefit of being constantly protected by the light of the Buddha's heart.
7. The benefit of having great joy in our hearts.
8. The benefit of being aware of Amida's benevolence and of responding in gratitude to his virtue.
9. The benefit of constantly practicing great compassion.
10. The benefit of entering the stage of the truly settled.

--

I am a firm ripe diamond,
You cannot move I at all.
Peter Tosh

We are going
this rider
goes on a green train
we are going

we are going now
we are going, we are going, we are going

a this train
a one train
every nation complation train

one stop
we are going now

them's a high
oh, fire trrain
ohh, fire train
oh-o fire
this train
this a
this a
electric train

on dem on high
oh ah
fire train
good fire train
ohh, fire train
oh fire
this is a train
this a electric train

we are going now
we are going we are going, we are going

We Are Going, Burning Spear

and this rider
goes on the free train
and this rider
goes on the free train

fire train, oh, fire.
we are going now.

and this rider
goes on the free train

and this rider
goes on the free train

one stop
excuse me sir
you might tell me
where i could find
way station sir?
thank you.
one stop
tickets
this
sonny
hey hey
sonny man
got a ticket man?
hey
hey

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Chronic7]
    #21681568 - 05/15/15 02:00 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

WILDERNESS

There is a wolf in me . . . fangs pointed for tearing gashes . . . a red tongue for raw meat . . . and the hot lapping of blood—I keep this wolf because the wilderness gave it to me and the wilderness will not let it go.   

There is a fox in me . . . a silver-gray fox . . . I sniff and guess . . . I pick things out of the wind and air . . . I nose in the dark night and take sleepers and eat them and hide the feathers . . . I circle and loop and double-cross.

There is a hog in me . . . a snout and a belly . . . a machinery for eating and grunting . . . a machinery for sleeping satisfied in the sun—I got this too from the wilderness and the wilderness will not let it go.

There is a fish in me . . . I know I came from salt-blue water-gates . . . I scurried with shoals of herring . . . I blew waterspouts with porpoises . . . before land was . . . before the water went down . . . before Noah . . . before the first chapter of Genesis.

There is a baboon in me . . . clambering-clawed . . . dog-faced . . . yawping a galoot’s hunger . . . hairy under the armpits . . . here are the hawk-eyed hankering men . . . here are the blonde and blue-eyed women . . . here they hide curled asleep waiting . . . ready to snarl and kill . . . ready to sing and give milk . . . waiting—I keep the baboon because the wilderness says so.

There is an eagle in me and a mockingbird . . . and the eagle flies among the Rocky Mountains of my dreams and fights among the Sierra crags of what I want . . . and the mockingbird warbles in the early forenoon before the dew is gone, warbles in the underbrush of my Chattanoogas of hope, gushes over the blue Ozark foothills of my wishes—And I got the eagle and the mockingbird from the wilderness.

O, I got a zoo, I got a menagerie, inside my ribs, under my bony head, under my red-valve heart—and I got something else: it is a man-child heart, a woman-child heart: it is a father and mother and lover: it came from God-Knows-Where: it is going to God-Knows-Where—For I am the keeper of the zoo: I say yes and no: I sing and kill and work: I am a pal of the world: I came from the wilderness.

Carl Sanders

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: Middleman]
    #21691652 - 05/17/15 06:08 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Q: How are the paths of jnana and bhakti related to each other?

MM: To be a jnani is to know, and the more that you know the Divine, the more you love. To be a bhakti is to choose the path of love, and the more that you love the Divine, the more you know.

-- Mother Meera from her book "Answers" (great book with lots of good answers to people's questions) :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: deff] * 1
    #21694159 - 05/18/15 11:26 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Q: Is there one moment when a person becomes realized?

MM: There are many awakenings in the process. But there is no end to realization. You must always remember that you are traveling forward, and be attached to nothing. There is no end to the journey. The good qualities of the mind can be endlessly expanded. You must open more and more, always become more and more loving, more and more peaceful, more and more balanced, more and more harmonious.

-- Mother Meera from the book "Answers" :smile:

--------------------

sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Greatest Spiritual Quotes? [Re: deff]
    #21698314 - 05/19/15 12:57 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Ganymede, J.W. von Goethe

1773. ——- GANYMEDE.

How, in the light of morning,
Round me thou glowest,
Spring, thou beloved one!
With thousand-varying loving bliss
The sacred emotions
Born of thy warmth eternal
Press 'gainst my bosom,
Thou endlessly fair one!
Could I but hold thee clasp'd
Within mine arms!
Ah! upon thy bosom
Lay I, pining,
And then thy flowers, thy grass,
Were pressing against my heart.
Thou coolest the burning
Thirst of my bosom,
Beauteous morning breeze!
The nightingale then calls me
Sweetly from out of the misty vale.
I come, I come!
Whither? Ah, whither?
Up, up, lies my course.
While downward the clouds
Are hovering, the clouds
Are bending to meet yearning love.
For me,
Within thine arms
Upwards!
Embraced and embracing!
Upwards into thy bosom,
Oh Father all-loving!

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Offlinequazerjunkie420
goofball
 User Gallery

#21698357 - 05/19/15 01:12 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

"Leditoutleditoutleditout LEDIT OOOOUUTT!!"... -wavy gravy-

--------------------
Aaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha...*desperately trys to breath*...aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...*starts coughing*.....chlllegm...haaaaawk....*swishes spit*

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order