Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefung_us_among_us
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Oregon
twitching
    #1140394 - 12/14/02 07:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Edited by fung_us_among_us (10/15/10 06:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: twitching [Re: fung_us_among_us]
    #1140463 - 12/14/02 07:36 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, I get what you are saying... If Im laying still in bed or generally inactive (sober or otherwise) I get a nerve tweak that starts at my right hip and shoots down my right leg. Its like a nerve ending has misfired and it has caused my muscles to spaz. It only happens in my right leg though. Also, it doesnt happen too often.  I think it would have to be a sign of nerve damage due to substance abuse (possibly?). I drank pretty heavily throughout college and I know older (elderly older) lushes and alki's who get uncontrollable shakes an twitches.  It doesnt seem to faze them at all though. But sometimes after I smoke up I get the twitch down to a point where I feel I can control it-- make my leg twitch just by willing it to do so....don't know where this post is going so I'll just stop typing. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Create Your Own George Dub-Yah Speech!  :grin:

This makes my mind twitch! 

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: twitching [Re: MrBump]
    #1141559 - 12/14/02 04:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah man...same shit happens to me. and i can sometimes come to the point where i can also control when it 'spazzes'. I get them in my head, arms, sides, and legs. It's not to often. Mainly when i'm laying down.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlineamnesiaseizure
Mr
Male

Loc: Certainly not here.
Re: twitching [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1142011 - 12/15/02 12:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey I used to think I was the only one too, got these terrible nerve twitches in my eyelids that bugged me no end. Pot does seem to be a real aggitator(?) of this but IMO being stoned is better than being still.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: twitching [Re: amnesiaseizure]
    #1142781 - 12/15/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Somewhat related...i have torrets, and since i used mushrooms a collection of times in the summer, my ticks have gotten very very sparse, and almost completely stopped. Hmmm.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisibleskeetskeetmofucka
Insurance/CrackSalesman

Loc: Oregon, USA
    #2160532 - 12/05/03 03:36 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

you used to smoke a lot of pot??? you smoke more than anyone ive ever known. that is if your who i think you are...zrt??

--------------------
Whats your name, scumbag?

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: twitching [Re: skeetskeetmofucka]
    #2160545 - 12/05/03 03:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That happens to me really badly when I smoke within 1 or 2 days of dropping x...I don't smoke after x anymore it is really creepy and when it happens I have to leave public place and sit in my room shaking for like 1.5 hrs...

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

OfflineCypher
Shroom of manyfaces

Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: twitching [Re: jong21]
    #2160856 - 12/05/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

eek i get bad shakes when im frustrated or anxious, too many drugs in general.......

--------------------
I think i took too much............

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: twitching [Re: Cypher]
    #2161638 - 12/05/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yea i get leg tremors when i smoke to much, i remember my grandfather having some kinda of shaking thing in his hands all the time.like for instance when he would eat his hands would just shake uncontrably, hewas like that as far as i can remember some kinda medical thing i rekon

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: twitching [Re: peleg]
    #2161643 - 12/05/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I twitch all over when i get stoned

--------------------

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Loc: Arizona
Re: twitching [Re: Gorian]
    #2161676 - 12/05/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That kinda odd. When im stoned i just sit real still and think.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: twitching [Re: Smeogall]
    #2161712 - 12/05/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Do you drink coffee? Are you on adderall? I get the worst shaking from too much coffee or stimulants of any kind, especially coming down. I used to grab a large coffee before my guitar lessons, then I realized I play much better without any, even if I'm dead tired. I quit coffee basically because of that. its worth it.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2162037 - 12/05/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I twitch a lot if I'm really stoned, and a lot more if I'm in an uncomfortable social setting. If I smoke by myself and get really ripped I'll still have twitches a little bit, so it must be a function of getting stoned and also (on my part) a little anxiety. I don't like getting high around people I don't know.

I've been asking my friends and shit about it lately because it's been bothering me to no end. So far, everyone has said, "I twitch when I get really stoned too. I start worrying if other people are noticing and it gets worse. It bothers me." or along those lines.

When I trip or do painkillers (and smoke) I don't twitch at all. Not even once unless it's like cold or something and I shiver slightly. You're not going nuts dude don't worry.

Offlinedave52
Re: twitching [Re: Noviseer]
    #2162076 - 12/05/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

some of my friends and i have noticed some leg twitching after dropping cid, but nothing we couldnt controll if we wanted too. to this day though, i still find it comfterable to shake my leg a little when im sitting, or clench and unclench my toes when im lying in bed. psychadelics casue a lot of random litte neurons to fire. personally i think your brain starts to make random associations, like linking twitching with certain areas of brain activity, like how fear makes your pupils dialate, though twitching is probably a much more basic motor function, i mean, even dead people can do it.

sort of related is a friend who, after using psychadelics, sees blurbs in his peripheral vision when he is high that resemble animals. he will be stoned, riding through the city with someone, and percive a dog or fox running alongside the car. of course it is only moving with the car because the blurb is stationary in his cone of vision, but for some reason his brain turns the blurb into an animal. once he asked me if i had just seen that squirrel run across the lawn. it was 1am. there was no squirrel.

Offlinefung_us_among_us
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Oregon Flag
Re: twitching [Re: dave52]
    #2272401 - 01/25/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Edited by fung_us_among_us (10/15/10 06:52 PM)

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: twitching [Re: dave52]
    #2273107 - 01/25/04 10:28 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

haha dave a friend of mine's like that

i twitch sometimes when i get real high. if i'm tryin to go to sleep, it gets crazy, sometimes i'll get whole-body-simultaniously twitches when i'm nearly asleep.

i do drink a lot of caffeine too though

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: twitching [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2273529 - 01/26/04 01:31 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

early onset parkinsons :confused: :shiftyeyes:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2273593 - 01/26/04 02:11 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have the same problem and its actually pretty nice to know I'm not the only one, but it REALLY bothers me. My head twitches when i'm stoned and I dont want people to notice it or think I'm weird or whatever cause of it, usually I hide it by allways leaning my head against something, lol. Its the most annoying problem ever and I used to have it when I was sober, thats over now, but I get it like crazy when I'm really ripped on heavy hash, oposed to light funny pot. If I smoke light fun pot I shake even more in my hands but my mood is so that I just laugh about everything and have a good time. Heavy hash makes me think about everything so intensively. Some how problems allways cease to exist once the atention given to it ceases to exist. A spoiled child will only cry louder and louder the more you spoil it. So my best recomendation is to ignore your problems. If you're head shakes while your sitting down or standing still it might just be you need to move more about and be more energetic, I find that the reason for the problem somtimes. I could be stoned and paranoid and twitching for like ages sitting still on the couch, but the second I stand up and move about, dance and laugh and just move about the less paranoid I get and the less I twitch.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinebeam
Re: twitching [Re: filthysock]
    #2273831 - 01/26/04 04:48 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I used to get twitches, even when straight.

My only advice is stop smoking as much or at all, weed is a shit drug unless you do it in moderation like once every week or 2 or even less, moderation is the key because if you smoke everyday or even a few times a week it just drains you and does your head in. Plus its might fun if you smoke in moderation everything is funny again.

OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
Loc: Canada
Re: twitching [Re: beam]
    #2274297 - 01/26/04 09:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

twitches suck.

Edited by Fungilicious (06/24/04 09:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract