Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejetnos
Mr
Loc: England
manic depression and shrooms
    #2157996 - 12/04/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This is a statement from a friend before he considers a light dose (level 2-3) of magic mushrooms. Your help would be appreciated.

"Would you think that a history of psychotic illness in the family such as manic depression could interfere with mushrooms? Would it cause it to become manifest in those who have no major symptoms at the time? Would a trip lead to enhanced psychological trauma?"

--------------------
Smoke and fly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrovesk8ter
honestyopenmindednesswillingness
 User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Re: manic depression and shrooms [Re: jetnos]
    #2158061 - 12/04/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It might, the worst me might have is a bad trip, and some if no trauma after. Has he directly had depression, if so thats a thing to worry about too. Psilocybin/cin enhances your mood 100fold. If you were depressed beforehand, that depression would be that much worse during the trip.
If a psychotic illness like schitz. was in the family then thats a different issue. Psychadelics like mushrooms and lsd have been shown to trigger schitz. behavior if it has been in the family.
Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

OfflineTotalay
Stranger
Male
Re: manic depression and shrooms [Re: Grovesk8ter]
    #2158087 - 12/04/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think looking at ones family history should be the primary consideration when deciding to trying mushrooms. Your friend should consider what they know about their own mind. Most people I have talked and tripped with have been able to determine if they are gonna have issues with mushrooms before they take them. And if one has in the back of ones mind that something could go wrong while on mushrooms its prolly not a good attitude to go into a trip with. If your friend can be confident in his own mind and its ability to deal then go for it. If not, better safe than sorry.

OfflineLuv_The_Cyans
High as a kite ;)
Male User Gallery

Loc: BC and BCS
Re: manic depression and shrooms [Re: Totalay]
    #2159944 - 12/04/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

dont eat the shrooms
not even worth it
if u go in feeling bad itll only get 100times worse

Invisiblejetnos
Mr
Loc: England
Re: manic depression and shrooms [Re: Luv_The_Cyans]
    #2160330 - 12/05/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

He has not suffered from manic depression and is now 22, he does not feel any depression right now.

My concern is will he be at the depths of despare in one years time because he took 0.5-1 gram dry cubensis? Or will he feel happy chilling with friends having a smoke and listning to tunes in a safe environment and have all effects diminish back to reality in one week.

He thinks that although it has not manifested he is likely to have inherited a genetic malformation that can cause manic depression. Please keep your comments rolling.

--------------------
Smoke and fly

Offlinebeam
    #2160486 - 12/05/03 02:56 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I reckon he will be fine, i've taken mushrooms when depressed, i only went to a light level 3 but i was fine. This has been a few times and afterwoulds i didn't notice anything.

But everyones different

Anonymous

#2162058 - 12/05/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've seen mushrooms turn the most depressed fat lazy worthless fuck into a functional, rational person. Threw all his meds away the next day and never looked back.

You never know, but YMMV.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: manic depression and shrooms [Re: ]
    #2162122 - 12/05/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, so its a mirical cure?!
Hallucinations...thats what you experience. If manic depression is running his or her life, naturaly they want to escape, to find easy releif. Taking something that distorts your train of thaught just makes it all even more confusing. If you feel depressed on the given day, and if the manic depression has been getting worse over the years and psycotic symptoms are arising like hearing voices etc..if you take psilocybin, odds are that it will manifest itself into something way worse and way scarier, bring up old feelings, enhance deep down misery...Its just too unpredictable of a drug and certain details about your frame of mind and enviroment are often a majorly talked and reviewed subject when discussing ways of reaping the benifets of the drug, and not fall into a deep hole and making your situation worse.
Too unpredictable, dont take them.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Offlineingo_2001
funky monkey

Loc: UK
Re: manic depression and shrooms [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2164039 - 12/06/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If he had inherited the condition manic depression which is now called bi-polar because people get confused over what manic depression means. Bi-polar is when a person will go from having bowts of being depressed (too little seratonin) to bowts of being manic (too much seratonin). The shrooms might trigger a manic episode while he's on it which could then lead to depression.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate