Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Bush and fullfillment of the biblical predictions?
    #2159996 - 12/05/03 01:36 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

http://www.counterpunch.org/cook02222003.html

anyone ever read up on this? i noticed it happening a few months ago so i looked around for some info...don't know if i buy into all they have to say but its at least interesting and up for debate.

" Consider observations made by Paul Krugman of the New York Times December 18, 2002: "Tom DeLay soon to be House majority leader, told a church group that: 'Only Christianity offers a way to live in response to the realities that we find in this world ? only Christianity.' He also said he was on a mission from God to promote a 'biblical worldview' in American politics." This from the most powerful man in the Congress! And he is not alone. According to Krugman, many leading Congressional Republicans belong to the "secretive" Council for National Policy, an organization founded by Tim LaHaye, co-author of the apocalyptic "Left Behind" novels. Members include Pat Robertson, Ralph Reed, Sen. Jesse Helms, Congressman Dick Armey and Tom DeLay of Texas, Howard Phillips, and many, many others. This fundamentalist group listens, in private, to none other than the self-proclaimed "Born Again" Christian, George W. Bush. Consider also the appointment of John Ashcroft to the position of Attorney General, a vocal Christian fundamentalist who "gives every appearance of placing his biblical worldview above secular concerns..." Add to this the neo-cons in the administration like Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Pearle, Feith, and many others, and one understands that the ties that bind the neocon Christian right, read Christian Zionists, to the Zionist orthodox Jew cement mentalities that embrace myths as truth and behavior directed by superstitious beliefs, regardless of those who do not share their zeal. "

To me, the similarities have been eerie...Bush may be a bringer of the prophecised epic religious battle. not to say it will happen like prophecised in ancient texts but it would coincide with the virtual climax of our society as we know it. and all this talk of mankind coming face to face with its 'ultimate test' and eventual evolution is sure to apply in some way. my thoughts at least....change is in the air.

--------------------
...in the middle of a world on a fish hook.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Bush and fullfillment of the biblical predictions? [Re: billster84]
    #2160121 - 12/05/03 02:20 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

People said this when Johnson was installed after Kennedy's assassination and the Vietnam war, when Nixon was assuring everybody of his integrity, during the depressing years of Ronald Reagan, when Bush sparked the Gulf war, and when the other Bush sparked the other Gulf war. It is nothing new, but it is fascinating to note that buzz about this issue has always come with right-wing world leaders.

There are many remarkable resonances between the Christian Armegeddon, the Jewish apocalypse, end-time warnings in the Koran, the Buddhist appearance of Maitreya in the "Western Paradise", on and on it goes. Every major religious group has somewhere in it's scripture prophecy of the end times. It is more important to observe that each prophecy is heavily influenced by the culture which produced the texts that carried the prophecy. For example, the atmosphere surrounding the arrival of Maitreya is one of great fortune in terribly degenerate times, while the atmosphere surrounding the second arrival of Jesus is one of terror, blood and fire. Blood, fire, and horror are an unattractive theme all throughout Christian texts.

But then, maybe I'm just biased in favour of my own practice.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2160135 - 12/05/03 02:27 AM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Some reading on these sites might calm your nerves

http://skepdic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/
http://www.randi.org/

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Re: Bush and fullfillment of the biblical predictions? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2161213 - 12/05/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

interesting

--------------------

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte
    #2161395 - 12/05/03 02:25 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

I've got it all figured out. If I'm worng I'll admit it and be glad for my kids.

Doom, doom, and more doom. But that's just my perspective because as I recently figured out, I was made to do atomic shelter drills my entire youth from birth in 65 to about 79. I had apocalypse instilled into my deepest mental structures. When we were kids the schools made us write letters to Kruschev to ask him to please not kill us with nukes.

And so now Bush and LeHaye (tred) and all their dimwit phoney lameshmuts (can't really come up terms derisive enough) just being alive is like nails in my neck. I feel like just living on earth with those fucking assholes is like Hell, so I know something bad is going to happen. I always said that the four horsemen will ride from Texas. And I ain't joked yet, son.

Bush Jr- 3 1/2 years of mealy mouthing that sets the stage for the apocalypse. He aint the anti-jaysus-k-h-riste. He's the one who makes the way easy for the anti. The anti Christ is the Anglican church with ties in the house of Windsor. The great beast is oil. Babylon is Babylon - Iraq. Songs that people sing and the thrones and such are the chanting of various indigenous peoples trying to stop the madness. A new king of ten heads or whatever will be the EU. yadayada, it's not as much fun as watching the OC, and you know that sucks.

--------------------
...or something

Offlineblowback
Nothing to lose,nothing to gein.
 User Gallery

Loc: Houston Tx.
Re: Bush and fullfillment of the biblical predictions? [Re: eve69]
    #2161584 - 12/05/03 03:08 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

....so, that would make George Bush part black?

--------------------
"Daddy, what's the difference between ignorance and apathy?"

"Son, I don't know, and I don't care"

Offlinebillster84
fungi-consumi

Re: Bush and fullfillment of the biblical predictions? [Re: blowback]
    #2162216 - 12/05/03 05:58 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

blowback said:
....so, that would make George Bush part black?

well he is a master of deception...facepaint??

but on another note, "mystery babylon" could be us, the western culture or just the US itself. I agree that there have been other parallels in the recent century with biblical prophecies, but has there ever been so much widespread hatred of the US by all arabs??? There have been numerous articles in the NY Times and all over the place about how we have sparked a religious war and the mainstream media hasn't really reported on it....you know Bush likes to keep them under wraps.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology