Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineofzeroconcern
Mindflayer

Loc: Aurora
Question about storage tub size.
    #21596010 - 04/25/15 07:09 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I want to birth 18 BRF jars in one plastic tote. I saw the perfect size at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, but I didn't look at the dimensions or the capacity (in quarts/liters).

When I went back last night, they were out. I remember them being 20 bucks each, I believe.

Decided to look online, and all I can find are 70-quart and 116-quart tubs. However, they're very expensive, and only come in 4-packs that I can find.

What size would I need for 18 jars (and a whole lot of perlite)? 70 or higher?
Also, would anyone recommend a CHEAP online source?

My other option would be check other Wal-Marts, Lowe's, etc. but I can't do that until Tuesday or Wednesday. A lot of people keep telling me to buy online because it would be way cheaper, but according to Amazon, it's more expensive to buy online.

Thanks.

--------------------
"Who can see the future? Those who create it."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about storage tub size. [Re: ofzeroconcern]
    #21596083 - 04/25/15 07:28 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Line your jars up in rows with about 2 inches of space between. Then, measure the length and width.

Take your tape measure to the store and find a tub that measures big enough to have about a 4 inch space between your cakes and the walls. In other words, add about 8-10 inches to the dimension of your laid out jars.

Being as most tubs have a taper, I'd measure it about 4 inches from the bottom because that's about how deep your perlite is.

The reason I suggest having the space between the cakes and the walls is so the cakes on the outer edge don't dry as fast. They may need extra misting.

Once you figure out what tub you need, you can figure out how much perlite you need. LxWxH=V. If you suck at math, I'll do it for you if you give me the dimensions.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation