Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Reality all falls down...
    #2157936 - 12/04/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone else been experiencing an absurd amount of synchronicity lately?

To the point that it's happening several times per day and "reality" is starting to look more like a shoddily built set, or some kind of practical joke that is becomming more transparent. Like when you pay too much attention in a dream and characters are reused or things appear out of no where and what you're thinking about keeps happening.

I would consider the "crazy" scenario but that doesn't account for objective events witnessed by other people, and the fact that it's being experienced by many people I know.

--------------------
i am another you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleadrug

Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: jiva]
    #2157952 - 12/04/03 11:07 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

jiva...I have been experiencing this for probably a month now. Its to the point now that I hardly even take notice of them any more as they are so frequent. I'm talking every day, 5-10 times a day. We're not the only ones either!

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: adrug]
    #2157994 - 12/04/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't think so.. I've come to the point of expecting it, but I'm not sure if i'm just picking up on it, or something is changing... and if it is changing is there a local epicenter or is it global? *note that i live in the same region as you

--------------------
i am another you

Invisibleadrug

#2158019 - 12/04/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Things are certainly changing. Whether it is global or localized, I have no idea, although I've talked to people from all over the country who have also noticed the increase in synchronicities. Curious, has anything else accompanied this in your case? Like a traumatic event, life changing experience, or even just a general shift in point of view?

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2158072 - 12/04/03 12:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't been looking for synchronicities either but I have been noticing plenty. In particular, the line separating my dreams and "the real world" has been getting more and more hazy, to the point where its often difficult to remember where something happened: in the real world, or in a dream. Usually, it doesn't matter. I've also noticed strange synchronicity between the plots in the books I'm reading, and the occurences outside the book. I'll read of a plot twist, an argument, say, and then when I put the book down, two of my friends that remind me of the characters in the book will be arguing in a similar manner. I can't explain how the concepts of the passage of time and inevitability are changing in my head, but those two ideas have taken on a new light, sometimes I feel like things are much more inevitable than before, because seemingly unrelated events have put them in motion. The result almost always does occur.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2158192 - 12/04/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Things are certainly changing.

Was there EVER a time when they were not?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleMeetMeInEleusis
employee,ministry oftruth

Loc: atop an isolated mountain...
Re: Reality all falls down... *DELETED* [Re: Swami]
    #2158198 - 12/04/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by MeetMeInEleusis

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: MeetMeInEleusis]
    #2158212 - 12/04/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If those times didn't change, we would still be there, no?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: Swami]
    #2158320 - 12/04/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've been noticing subtle hallucinations in the corner of my eyesight (some times more direct than that, as well)... any one else experience this? ...is this schizophrenia?!?!?! :frown:

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Invisibleadrug

Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: Swami]
    #2158410 - 12/04/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe they aren't changing for you. :smirk:

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: ergot]
    #2158437 - 12/04/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ergot, Dude, yes I have too! And I'm starting to see colors and these blue hazy lines that almost look like electric current flowing through the air. Do you happen to smoke a lot of weed, because after consistent daily usage paranoia is supposedly a side effect, and I thought that maybe that could be the cause of these weird visual things I'm seeing out of the corner of my eye. Otherwise, I've been worried too that I could be losing it.

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2158730 - 12/04/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have been noticing a fair bit of syncoricity, too, though not as much as I've experienced previously in my life. Although recently I haven't been doing too much in the way of drugs, wheras earlier it tended to be shortly after sustained drug use that I got the Freaky-Syncronicity.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2158870 - 12/04/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Have you been doing drugs lately? People often tend to notice "synchronicities" more when high. That doesn't necessarily mean they are "increasing".

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinesalviadog
Stranger

Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: pattern]
    #2158948 - 12/04/03 05:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, the other day I was walking to class and I looked and everything seemed to glitch. Everything stopped for a second, like when you are watching a movie and your computer stalls for a second. I've been noticing everything seeming more fake, not necessarily synchronicities, just more fake. I've haven't been high on salvia in about a month now, and anything else since this summer. I also live in the midwest. Maybe this is what Terence Mckenna and everyone was talking about with 2012. I've been meditating more and I just attributed the fakeness to that. This is very strange.

--------------------
Happiness is not being smart enough to know what to worry about.

Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2159137 - 12/04/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ergot said:
I've been noticing subtle hallucinations in the corner of my eyesight (some times more direct than that, as well)... any one else experience this? ...is this schizophrenia?!?!?! :frown: 

Quote:

TrueBrode said:
Ergot, Dude, yes I have too!  And I'm starting to see colors and these blue hazy lines that almost look like electric current flowing through the air.  Do you happen to smoke a lot of weed, because after consistent daily usage paranoia is supposedly a side effect, and I thought that maybe that could be the cause of these weird visual things I'm seeing out of the corner of my eye.  Otherwise, I've been worried too that I could be losing it. 

Reality is slowly breaking apart.  The synchronicities are getting so out of hand it's almost laughable.  It's a very odd time, like a shift in the global consciousness maybe?

As for the visual anomalies, I'm getting both of those that you described.  I've been noticing flashes of white light in my peripheral lately, as well as, what I described to Jiva as "aurora borealis" in the street.  It's much like you described Truebode.  Very interesting.....

I've been consuming a bit more psychedelics than usual, but nothing out of hand.  I do smoke cannabis daily but this definitely isn't from the ganja.   

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: ergot]
    #2159484 - 12/04/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yes actually, though you are the first person other than me to mention it...

I've been getting quick flashes of movement all through my peripheral vision lately. A quick blur of color like a cat or some small animal jumping...but when I turn there's nothing there.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: trendal]
    #2159521 - 12/04/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

try doing things for poeple before they ask of it, or even before they think of it if you like synchronisities.

ta sha! stupid acid always giving me so much energy.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinesalviadog
Stranger

Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: truekimbo2]
    #2159653 - 12/04/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The visual disturbances are a weak form of HPPD. I'm pretty sure most people who have had a strong visual trip sometime in their life, have some change in their vision. I just don't think it's something the psychedelic community likes to talk about. IMHO it's partly due to the fact that people that are seeing these wierd things think they are permafried and are slowly going insane, and so they keep that sort of thing to themselves. Partly due to the fact that psychedelic users want more people to experience the wonderful realities that psychedelics bring us. And partly due to the fact that most people find them neat, and they don't really inhibit everyday activities.

Sorry about the rant, I'm just not sure whether it has any relation to the synchronicites that you guys are experiencing. I experience trails, the light-worms rippling when you look at the sky, and the peripheal anomolies that you guys are talking about all the time; even before I started noticing reality being more artificial than normal.

However, I do believe that reality may be falling apart. It seems more fake to me, and it's strange that we're all seeing and thinking this. When I sit in class, sometimes I think "why am I bothering to learn this when everything is fake anyway." I would like to see how many people have been experiencing this more lately, maybe you should make a poll or something.

--------------------
Happiness is not being smart enough to know what to worry about.

Onlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #2159863 - 12/04/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's almost like you guys are inside my head...on my days off from work, fantasyworld has completely merged with waking life. Ya sorta know what date it is even if you don't write it daily? Last week i momentarily thought it was July.
Does anyone get a (pop) sound accompanied with the periphereal lights?
One synchronisity i've also noticed is with people, an old friend will cross my mind and then call or e-mail me within the day, this has happened with four different people.

According to the Egyptian and Mayan calanders, Nov. 8th, 2003 is 2012 minus the leap years.

Salviadog--how are you defining "fake"? as merely an illusion? I like the word pretend. Do you reality test throughout the day? Look at a digital clock or some writing, then re-check it twice to see if changes-if it does you're obviously dreaming.

I believe we have much to learn and unlearn also. I wouldn't be able to sit down and play a song the first time, it takes practice.

here's a poem by clive barker

The past, the present, and the dreaming moment inbetween,
are all one country, living one immortal day,
to know that is wisdom, but to use it is the Art.

Has anyone else felt waves of energy coming up out of the Earth?
We do indeed live in some very exciting "time" glad i'm here to experience it all.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Reality all falls down... [Re: trendal]
    #2159894 - 12/04/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Yes actually, though you are the first person other than me to mention it...

I've been getting quick flashes of movement all through my peripheral vision lately. A quick blur of color like a cat or some small animal jumping...but when I turn there's nothing there.

EXACTLY! I see movement of some sort of entity. 2012 is drawing nearer, I wonder...........

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom