Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Shakedown Street
Male User Gallery

Humidity and brf cakes.
    #2158041 - 12/04/03 01:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm using a 70qt container, with two airstones and perlite on the bottom. Two lines feed the airstones, and I have a piece of glass that was cut to fit the lid and sealed it with silicon glue.

My question is how do I know what the right humidity is?
I have drops of water on the lid, and condensation on the inside of the container.

Also my cakes look really dry after coming out of the incubator, should I dunk them to add moisture back to the cake you think? They have been in the fruiting chamber for about 36 hours now and I havent seen any change so I thought dunking might help out a little bit.

Thanks for the help.
This is my first grow so wish me luck, everything has been smooth so far.

"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand,
Says, 'Don't you see?'
Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe.
Don't give it up.
You got an empty cup only love can fill."

Jerry Garcia

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Humidity and brf cakes. [Re: TheFish]
    #2158053 - 12/04/03 01:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

dunking in the refridgerator would be a good idea as well as rolling in verm, search for dunk and roll, username magash, within the last 6 months and you should find the post about it. If you have condensation building up the humidity should be fine

There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
Re: Humidity and brf cakes. [Re: TheFish]
    #2158063 - 12/04/03 01:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I'm sure you'll get a response or two insisting in an irritated tone that you read the FAQ's. However, I feel if you're going to spend your time responding to someone, you might as well tell them what you know instead of trying to act like you're too good to be bothered.

You can buy a hygrometer if you're concerned that your humidity is too low. The reading should be 95% or slightly higher. Of course, they're not all accurate, unless you spend about $150. If you have wet perlite on the bottom and the temperature is right inside your terrrarium (preferably between 75-85) the humidity should be fine. You can dunk your cakes but misting 2-3 times a day should take care of any defeciency. Let your cakes sit directly on the perlite too, until they start fruiting, then put something underneath them (foil, a jar lid, etc.)

There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation