Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHertyar
The guy nextdoor

Spore Prints???
    #2157600 - 12/04/03 10:03 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Hey all! My friend has a batch of F+ that is just F*&king, rocking! He wants to take as many spore prints as possible since this strain seems to be VERY aggressive so far. We have both read the various techs and he has had success in the past using a note card in a ziplock plastic bag, but we were wondering why couldn't he just drop a mushroom head into the plastic bag and print directly to the side of the baggy, since the card always just turns into mush once water is added. Any thoughts???
Again, thanks to the help of all! He is having success and it would not been if not for this community!

--------------------
Doesn't have the patience to grow shrooms himself, but instead mooches off friend in exchange for research. :tongue:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Spore Prints??? [Re: Hertyar]
    #2157692 - 12/04/03 10:49 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Ummm Tin Foil dude, I will never print on anything else. OR if your going to make a syringe, wipe a half pin jar with rubbing alcohol to sterilize it and put the print on the bottom of the jar. Paper sucks ass.

OfflineMisstressChrissha
Suductress

Loc: Milky Way
Re: Spore Prints??? [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #2157704 - 12/04/03 10:56 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Yes, aluminum foil is best but you really need to use the heavy duty kind also..the cheap light weight stuff tears very easily.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Spore Prints??? [Re: MisstressChrissha]
    #2157716 - 12/04/03 11:02 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

IMO aluminum foil works well, However if you want to skip a step similar to the method you proposed, the best idea is to fasten a nail onto the middle of the inside of a jar lid so when it's screwed on the jar, the nail is inside. You want it to stick about half down. Poke a hole in the jar and tape it over.Then you put some water in the jar, and pc or if you don't have one, you could just use sterile water. Stick the cap with the nail and snip the stem. Seal the jar and wait about a day for spores to drop. Insert syringe, suck up and wait at least 12 hours.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2157792 - 12/04/03 11:44 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

When your fruit is growing, any contams in the air will drop on the top of the cap. If you put the cap in the bag, you'll have a nice print on one side, an possible contams on the other.
You said the card turns to mush when wet? You should just be scraping the spores off the card into the baggie. Much safer.

Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: Spore Prints??? [Re: Shdwstr]
    #2157836 - 12/04/03 12:12 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

i think tin foil it's the way to go...

--------------------

Offlinechillywilly
Eat well - Diethome
Loc: 49 th State
Re: Spore Prints??? [Re: diacamomo]
    #2157924 - 12/04/03 12:48 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

thats a slick idea about the nail in the jar of water I think I'm gonna tell my friend about it

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Spore Prints??? [Re: chillywilly]
    #2157941 - 12/04/03 12:59 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

it seems like a lot of work, but if you have a pc and superglue the nail there, it will last a while. IMO aluminum foil is easy as long as you are sterile, but this was an interesting method I came across somewhere. So credit is due to someone else.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Spore Prints??? [Re: thisone]
    #2158045 - 12/04/03 01:47 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Your right thats to much work. Thats sounds really uneeded. Wipe down the inside of a half pint with rubbing alcohol. Wait for it to evaporate. Stick something sterile like a paperclip through the middle of the cap. Place the cap face down in the jar...Wait over night. Take the cap out carefully prefably with sterilzed tweezers. Then take the lid off place a coffee filter over the top and secure it with a rubber band.Wait 24 more hours for the print to dry. Then just boil some water and alow for it to cool and dump it in there. Shake your jar and tada. Suck it up into a sterile syringe. I usually just take a piece of foil wipe it down with rubbing alcohol then print the caps on there. Then just scrape them into a jar with sterile water in it and shake.

Offlinetank
    #2158413 - 12/04/03 04:24 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

here something a mate had a go with the print is left on the petri dish while covered with an upturned jar. to remove the spores to make a syringe the cap is removed and the cover is placed so good scraping can be done see :

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post1216285

--------------------
I suffer from a vivid imagination and all that is here is fiction.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation