Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
First grow jars arem't colonizing
    #2157204 - 12/04/03 02:10 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

I had some PF BRF half pint jars that I innoculated with a B+ syringe fomr sporeworks over a week ago. There is NOTHING happening in the jars. They aren't in an incubator, but the surrounding air is 65-70*. Is that too cold?? I have read a lot of posts and searched through the FAQ, and I think that by this point I would have seen something in the jars. There is visible condensation on the inside, and I definatly used enough spore suspension...what else could it be? Could I have gotten bad syringes? The floating dots didn't seem overly plentiful and I have read that the water is supposed to be somewhat discolored, which mine isn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGonzoCool

Loc: Flag
Re: First grow jars arem't colonizing [Re: Grok]
    #2157215 - 12/04/03 02:14 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

way too cold, that is probably your problemo, raise the temps to 85 degrees farenheit, that should help speed up colonization!!! Good Luck

--------------------

Offlinefidget
Fungus Hunter

Loc: Oregon
Re: First grow jars arem't colonizing [Re: Grok]
    #2157221 - 12/04/03 02:16 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

It will take much longer at those temps. Try to incubate them somehow. If it was done right, you should see some growth after 2 weeks or so. I took 2 weeks for any mycelium to grow the first time I grew, and I didnt have a incubator till day 8.

--------------------
- fidget

"With ordinary consciousness you can't even begin to know what's happening."

Anonymous

Re: First grow jars arem't colonizing [Re: fidget]
    #2157359 - 12/04/03 04:20 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

hey man, they will still grow, i had my temps at 61 F and they still grew just fine, but much slower than if i would have had them in an incubator.  I bet you that you start seeing some growth within the next day or two, like fidge said, 2 weeks prolly.

tell you what u could do if you give a fuck, worked for me.

rub your hands together and create friction, and rub that heat onto your jarsn, they will be cold to the touch, but after warming them up they will be warmer inside the jars for atleast a little while.  I dont give a fuck what anybody thinks, we are spiritual beings, so if you pray for your jars they will grow better, i grew in 61 F conditions and the shit still grew averagely fast, not slower than fuck.  average. but not as slow as they should have.  If you truly believe you have the power to help them grow within you, giving them a good rub down from the heart(while praying that god help them grow healthy) to help them grow will show results :smile: you will see if you sincerely give your jars some love.  As long as you know you have God there to help you, you can achieve anything.  fuck the temp if you cant get it up that high, i understand, do what you CAN.

love and light

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation