Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushi
Stranger
Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste!
    #2143054 - 11/28/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Took a recent trip there and rented a yurt. Paid $46 for a damn yurt during the off season!! I could get a nice hotel for that much on priceline however I needed some time out in nature. During our stay we notice a ton of rangers all over the park however there really wasn't that many people in the place. Right before I go to leave I pick a bolete and found a couple mushrooms that had aldready been picked and were lying out. I look over and see a few more that were the same kind so I decided to pick them to print and identify them. Then I notice a ranger on foot spying on us, as he notices that I see him he approaches me and wants to look in my bag. I show him the mushrooms he calls for backup, tells me I might be arrested. We wait for state police to get there, he says the mushrooms I picked are psilocybin and I could be facing a felony. As I wait for them to arrive a female ranger treats me like an armed terrorist!! They then explain to me that the mushrooms picked are also poisinous and they have had a few deaths from people eating them. I end up getting off with a citation to appear in court for-

RCW 79A.05.165- Every person who:

(1) Cuts, breaks, injures, destroys, takes, or removes any tree, shrub, timber, plant, or natural object in any park or parkway except in accordance with such rules as the commission may prescribe.

I had no idea that picking a couple mushrooms could put me in this position. I had about 10 mushrooms total. I doubt they will try to get the felony charge on me. I guess it follows under "natural object" but doesn't say anything specific about not picking mushrooms, even though there was a sign that I didn't see.

So the rangers went on to tell me that they are having a "mushroom picking problem". During my stay I must have saw 10 rangers!! So they need 1 ranger for every person camped there? No wonder the yurts are nearly $50 a night!! They pay these guys to go around and spy on people for mushroom picking!!!??? This is just insane!! If anyone decides to pick mushrooms there watch your back because they are watching yours!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: mushi]
    #2143062 - 11/28/03 07:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yea i got a yurt and got some nice mushrooms lucky me http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK Flag
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: KoOs]
    #2143309 - 11/28/03 10:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yea man fuck that place i got a long story that ill post in the morning about makin the rangers feel like asses right now i gotta go to work :laugh:

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: Dobie]
    #2143322 - 11/28/03 10:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Do tell! I always like to hear those kind of stories. It's a shame they are being such tight asses right now. I was there a few weeks ago and it was pretty chill. I guess word got out...

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinemushi
Stranger
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at wa [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2143363 - 11/28/03 10:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Basically the same shit could of happend if the ranger saw me tripping over a tree stump. What is this world comming too??

dobie I can't wait to hear your story....

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at wa [Re: mushi]
    #2143988 - 11/29/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ok here is the story mind you i just got off work and am extremly stoned

well we were in the area hunting me and three friends. we pull up pay our fee and park. we drive back to the campground and park. well we walk pick walk pick for a while. then we got seperated from each other. im out doin my own thang really the area i was in wasnt looking to good so i wasnt down in the grass or anything when i hear a ranger from behind me say he can you come here. i was like FUCK. i pretty much had no choice so i went over there talked to her. i wasnt actively picking mushrooms at the moment so they didnt see me bent over or anything. well i tell her i got lost from my friends and was trying to find em that i didnt know the park very well and was kinda just wandering. i asked em whats up am i in trouble (while trying to look innocent) she said i dont know quite yet. she gets on her little walkie talkie thing and says i think i have one of the guys from behind the bathrooms. so she leads me to the other ranger where there are three other kids she asks me if they are my friends and they werent so i told her so. then she asked the other ranger if this is one of the guys he saw. he said no he wasnt but i looked suspisious so they wanted me to empty my pockets. my heart sank, in my head i was thinking fuck i got these shrooms in the mcdonalds bag in my pocket. i decided fuck it and emptied em. i said all i got is my ciggerettes and my garbage from mcdonalds :laugh:. she said ok im sorry for messing with you. i was like sweet i just got away with this shit. so im walking back by now i have really lost my friends so i walk back to the car and wait and chill meanwhile all three of the fucking rangers drove by stopped and stared at me one even got out i made a little chit chat with him just being polite. by now it had been a hour since i seen my friends and wanted to get outta there from all the fucking rangers so i asked em if they had seen my friends around (also worried they got busted too) they said they seen em walking down the road a little bit down. so i walked down there and met up with em they got fucked with by the rangers as well and they didnt get em with shit. by now the rangers are getting pissed cuz they know what we are up too and we were getting away with it. so we all walk back to the car where there is another ranger we are like fucking shit man. he proceds to tell us we never paid our parking fee which we did. he tells us we are wrong that we never did that it wasnt in the box. all four of us are pissed cuz we actually did. so we are like fuck man follow us to where we paid. well two of em in two trucks followed us back to the pay box where dickhead ranger talks shit and says oh yea we just emptied this one and there wasnt a slip in there from you by that time we are getting heated that these wanna be police are fucking us over so we get all bitchy and shit. we are like fine we will just fucking leave. then he pulls some bullshit like no your not leaving im writing you a ticket for not paying your fee. all of us instantly start yelling fuck that bullshit and all that good stuff. so we say open that thing up in front of us and show us that its not in there cuz that is bullshit. well guess what he opens that shit up and BLAM there is our fucking fee. the look on ranger fags face was classic i just made a ass outta my self look. he says sorry for that folks. then i from the passenger side said as he was leaving hey come back here whats your badge number. he comes back and says it calling me sir and all that good stuff then i tell him you know you dont need to be goin around being a dick to everyone here for no reason at all, im sorry its not my fault you scored too low on the test and couldnt be a real cop. embarressed the fuck outta him as we were taking off i could see the lady cop who looked to be higher in rank bitching him out when we got home my friends filed a complaint on him nothing like saying take this and shove it up your ass piggy :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #2144043 - 11/29/03 09:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That realy sucks !

I was out picking P. semilanceata in the Peak District National Park a couple of days ago and a park ranger pulled up in his off roader, walked up to me with a smile on his face and said "Have you managed to pick many magic mushrooms then ?" I showed him the contents of my bag and said that it had been a shit year for them due to the lack of rain but beggars can't be choosers. We had a natter for 5 minutes or so and then he went off on his merry way !  :lol: 

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #2144054 - 11/29/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

well then it looks like im crashing on your couch next season :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#2144074 - 11/29/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Your welcome anytime dobie420_247 but your plane ticket might be a bit pricey what with me living in the UK :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
    #2144079 - 11/29/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

lol i wanna visit sometime but that isnt for a good while :laugh: working fast food i dont make much

--------------------

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

#2144098 - 11/29/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'd love to go back over to the States for a while (I was born there) but don't have much cash myself at the moment due to a full time course and doing shitty part time work in the evenings so I know where your coming from.

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#2145217 - 11/29/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Nice ranger story. I wish I could hear more that came out that way. Some of these assholes think that just because they got a badge, they can treat people any way they want to. Well guess what, we pay their salaries. If more people filed complaints about harrassment by these guys, maybe they wouldn't be such assholes. Good show.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2145379 - 11/29/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think dude its gonna get fucked for it too :laugh: he had the n00b im a cool forest ranger atitude

--------------------

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2145500 - 11/29/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

dobie, are you stoned?? :wink:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at wa [Re: Dobie]
    #2145648 - 11/30/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Great story Dobie!

Nice follow through too.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2146164 - 11/30/03 07:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilygirl said:
dobie, are you stoned?? :wink: 

lol i spend most of my time in a pot induced haze :laugh: thats the way i like life the only time im sober is when im working 

--------------------

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #2156188 - 12/03/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Was out there yesterday, all freaking day, with no problems. Complete ghost town except for the Yurt Host.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Loc: Arizona
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: pleezr]
    #2156304 - 12/03/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I got caught smokin bud in the bathroom at work yesterday :tongue:

OfflineDAK
Not you
Loc: SW Washington
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: Smeogall]
    #2157176 - 12/03/03 11:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Did you get fired?

OfflineNirvhead
-State of Art-

Loc: WA State, USA
Re: Don't hunt mushrooms at Ft. Canby! Our tax dollars at waste! [Re: DAK]
    #2157398 - 12/04/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Dobie, you should write a complaint about getting your entire yurt kicked out last month when they caught imobiletoes. Probably won't do much good, but perhaps with enough complaints coming in they will change their policy.

--------------------
Like a fiend in a cloud
With howling woe,
After night I do croud
And with night will go;
I turn my back to the east,
From whence comforts have increas'd;
For light doth seize my brain
With frantic pain.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract