Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Petri Dish, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomWhore2
Stranger
 User Gallery

90% contamination with LDME Agar petri dishes
    #21561723 - 04/18/15 01:18 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hi everyone. This is my first post for about 5 years. I haven't grown since then and have picked it back up but so far I've had no success. When I was growing I was doing WBS and bulk to horse poo/coir and after initial contaminations due to a bad print and peeking every few hours with excitement I successfully grew many tubs without a single contam again.

I noc'd 10 WBS jars and almost all contaminated. I believe I have a dirty spore print so decided to go down the route of using agar for the first time. I am following RR's video to the letter. I made up 20 petri dishes with a recipe of 10g LDME, 9g agar-agar, 2g dry yeast used for baking and 500ml of water all PC'd at 15psi for 30 minutes using a glove box with every precaution used by wiping everything with alcohol, showering, brushing my teeth and gargling mouth wash, wearing gloves and tyvec sleeves and a surgical mask. My movements in the glovebox and patient and purposeful to reduce moving air around too much.

Of the 20 dishes I made up only 2 do not have some bacteria growing. I have nocc'd 10 of them with varying spores and contaminated grains from my failed WBS jars to get a clean strain so I can start WBS jars again. I intend to cut a small piece of each sector and put it in a new dish until I get a clean dish but I'm not sure what I can change to get clean agar in my dishes. I have below an example of what I am seeing on almost every dish. Unfortunately the pics aren't great.

I welcome any and all suggestions on where I may be going wrong. I have exactly the same problem with the 18 dishes and considering 2 came out without a problem I have to believe this should be simple enough to work out. I'm afraid I am out of ideas. I love this hobby and have gone through massive changes in my life since I last did this to be in a happy and better place but so far I have only been disappointed and confused.

Thank you shroom brothers and sisters. :heart:

Unused dish with growing bacteria?

Happy myc but no new dishes to isolate to. I think I see 6 sectors. The best at 12-3 and 5-9.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Petri Dish, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation