Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeeBo
Twister

Loc: Upstate
Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms.
    #2154947 - 12/03/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Have issues with this. Basically I love movies. Mushrooms help ONE become more involved in their current surroundings. Movies are designed to be most effective when they are believable. Don't know about the rest of you but on Shrooms things are ALOT more believable. The way I see it is movies and shrooms go together like wine and cheese :smile:
Between the 5.1 Digital Sounds and the Visual stimulation hell, one can't ask for a better Psychedelic Toy :tongue:. Tellin ya try watching even a Heavy drama while "tripping", guaranteed to be an EXPERIENCE.
No beef Friends, just my two sense. Tell me what yall think. 

--------------------

Lost before found and now the world is upside down....Looked for the Earth and only found the MOON...Keep telling myself the trip will be over soon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: DeeBo]
    #2155016 - 12/03/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

if movies are your thing then cool man.....I personally find it hard to pay attention to tv when on shrooms.....not that I don't enjoy it tho....I personally love to play video games when shroomin....but vg's are something I always enjoy like you with movies....so to each his own

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: ]
    #2155055 - 12/03/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Man, i always thought watching movies was an inappropriate setting for a psychedelic experience, but just yesterday i was thinking about it ... and ive got really involved the couple times ive watched a movie tripping .. you can either get really involved or use it as a distraction from any anxieties, or just provide a friendly thinking/stimulating atmosphere ... Movies can definately work while tripping.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #2155159 - 12/03/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm, I think its because I usually trip with friends, and I generally find talking to them much more enjoyable. But I know what you mean about getting totally immersed in a film, especially one with good plot and characters that gets your mind racing!

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2155271 - 12/03/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I love watching movies on PEA's. you dont quite have the racing thoughts and the need to always be doing something like shrooms seem to do. you can sit and really get into a movie. IMO shrooms are way better to just listen to some music with some ambient lighting.
2ci+movie= :heart:
shrooms+music= :heart:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: Infrared]
    #2155363 - 12/03/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Personally, I would rather watch whatever is going on in my own head then watch someones else's interpretation of a story.

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Loc: Arizona
Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: manna_man]
    #2155601 - 12/03/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think movies are awsome on shrooms. Its not alwasy nice enough to go outside.

Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Loc: California
Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: Smeogall]
    #2157147 - 12/03/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I love to go to the movie theater and see a nice eye candy type of movie with lots of SFX and shit. I also like it because movie theaters are always trippy to be in because of all the lights and people, but I once reached ego loss while waiting in line to see scary movie 3, and that was a fucking horrible experience.

--------------------
LSD Fiend

Anonymous

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: manna_man]
    #2157258 - 12/04/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Personally, I would rather watch whatever is going on in my own head then watch someones else's interpretation of a story.

You hit the nail on the head.

Anonymous

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: doop]
    #2157645 - 12/04/03 08:27 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

doop said:
I once reached ego loss while waiting in line to see scary movie 3

That is quite possibly the best thing I've ever heard...  :thumbup:

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #2157995 - 12/04/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

To each his own, but to me when i'm tripping i take a look out the window and go "holy shit!" its a whole fucking world out there. Looking at a box just bores me, i would much rather go feel the texture of some bark and watch the leaves form patterns. Thats just me though, a lot of my friends like movies when they are tripping too. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2158276 - 12/04/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

When I first got into tripping, I would eat some shrooms and sit in a chair for 4 hours and watch whatever was on TV. As I became more experienced with mushrooms I drifted futher and further away from having the TV have any part in my trip. Now, I feel that there is just way to much to experience to waste my trip watching TV. I can watch TV anytime I want and it's generally going to be entertaining to me.

Yeah it's neat trying to figure out what's going on and being totally confused by a TV show or movie that you watch day in and day out, but how often is it when you have a chance to look at other things, that are totaly mundane in every day life, that have a total different essence from reality. I mean gosh darn it, my damn couch is breathing! I don't give a shit who's trying to find Nemo! The pictures on my walls are melting! The stars in the sky are swirling! Those damn clouds are fricken insane man! The colors, the brightness, the glow of energy in a completly dark room! Nature! Nature! OMFG NATURE!

Ok, I'm back... I had an amazing experience on my trip! How was yours? Oh yeah? Staw Wars eh? You didn't understand Yoda... yeah cool man. Whatever floats your boat.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineDeeBo
Twister

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: djd586]
    #2158306 - 12/04/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I'm not saying that watching movis for the entire trip is the way, but I do like to occupy acoupla hours delving into a movie, I couldn't imagine watching the Matrix or Sixth Sense for the first time ever while shroomin. WOW!. Nature does rule and so does CEV's especially when listening to music.
Guess my point was that on Shrooms one can experience movies almost like a Child does, no boundaries take it as it comes, so unless you like to be mesed up don't go watching Night of the Living dead Shroomin. G'day mates :smile:

--------------------

Lost before found and now the world is upside down....Looked for the Earth and only found the MOON...Keep telling myself the trip will be over soon

OfflineJdawg2013
 User Gallery

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. *DELETED* [Re: DeeBo]
    #2158471 - 12/04/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Jdawg2013

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinekrinklebein
call me flapjack

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: Jdawg2013]
    #2159512 - 12/04/03 08:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

all im sayin is PINK FLOYD LIVE IN POMPEII the new remastered dvd.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2160435 - 12/05/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Have you ever noticed how some channels or movies or shows go with a trip and some are like talking to a cop trippin. Flip on one channel and it is so flat, uninviting and totally goes against a trip. Go to the next channel and for some reason it totally flows, and you can find subtleties in the programming that you would otherwise never pick up on. Go back to that first channel hours later and even the different show that is now on is still anti trip. Always the same channels are either flat or they flow as if they are designed to be inviting to trippers. I even noted several channels that flowed and didn't flow, then a couple of months later on another trip I checked it out and the channels had the same affect. Do you think there could ba a transparent paisley sub-text imprinted on certain movies and channels that makes them flow? Is it on purpose? The other thing is a surprising amount of inuendo that you might not otherwise pick up on.
Some movies are just to weird on a trip to miss. I mean Yoda on acid is fuckin wild. And I never though much about the movie Grosse Pointe Blank With John Cusack until I caught it trippin once. There is some shit in that movie, let me tell ya. Good movies offer two totally unique experiences, one sober and one trippin. And for a good movie most flow with a trip. If I see a movie that I might think was good sober but it grind with the trip I lose respect for the movie.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinetuco_ramirez
Fistful ofShrooms

Loc: DETROIT!
Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2160853 - 12/05/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I like the movie theater experience as a change of pace sometimes. Action/Horror movies mostly. Saw a couple of movies (Brotherhood of the Wolf and Blade 2) last year or so. They were absolutely incredible while tripping.

In Blade 2, there's these creatures that have faces that open up and eat people. Fucking intense. Loved it, truly scared the shit outta me.

And Brotherhood had amazing sound with tons of bass. Great audio in the theater makes for a nice experience.

Anonymous

Re: Why people Think Movies are a WASTE on Shrooms. [Re: tuco_ramirez]
    #2160924 - 12/05/03 09:46 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I agree. The ONLY way you should be allowed to trip and see a movie is with superior sound.  :thumbup:

bf6
:lipsrsealed:

OfflineDeeBo
Twister

#2162636 - 12/05/03 06:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Aye why pay 8$ at a movie when you can have total comfort/privacy at home Digitally with DVD's and 5.1. Big movie theater crowds might have a ill affect on me shroomin. Plus alotta games are 5.1.
Digital + Shrooms = WOW!

--------------------

OfflineSnooganator
SNOOTCH TO THENOOTCH!
    #2164150 - 12/06/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'd much rather just lay down and think with some music playing in the background, but movies can be fun as hell.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag