Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Synchronicity [Re: monoamine]
    #2143412 - 11/28/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hmm that's funny cause I was skimming and I didn't see that you wrote that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2143439 - 11/28/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Woh, you know who says "woh" alot, Keanu Reeves and Joey from "Blossom", I wonder if god is trying to tell us something....wait...whats that god...you want me to sniff coke and have sex with teenage girls? sounds good.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Synchronicity [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2150861 - 12/01/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

mom bought me a book by carl hiassen down in south beach, fla for my plane ride out to seattle and i thought of you

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2150943 - 12/01/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

monoamine said:

I'm gonna have to second that. Actually,a large amount synchronicity from daily events is a major sign of psychosis.

....are you serious? Linkage?

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Synchronicity [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2151806 - 12/02/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Generally, I ignore synchronicities. I've had it happen at least 20 times that I'd say in advance what a stranger would say (exact words), and they said it within the next minute. Could be my subconscious picking up on signals we usually can't percieve, could be coincidence, could be I'm a pyschic. I don't really care, it's a neat party trick.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2151818 - 12/02/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've had it happen at least 20 times that I'd say in advance what a stranger would say (exact words), and they said it within the next minute.

Yeah. Working at McDonald's you get a high hit ratio when choosing from a limited number of potential statements like "I would like a Happy Meal to go". Bingo!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Swami]
    #2151942 - 12/02/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I've had it happen at least 20 times that I'd say in advance what a stranger would say (exact words), and they said it within the next minute.

Yeah. Working at McDonald's you get a high hit ratio when choosing from a limited number of potential statements like "I would like a Happy Meal to go". Bingo! 

:lol:

Sorry, I just had to laugh out loud at that one! 

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Synchronicity [Re: sirreal]
    #2152138 - 12/02/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Last night I was reading a book about the batle of Vimy Ridge in the first World-War.

I read the words "Scottish Regiment" and five seconds later heard the words out loud from the TV. I looked up and there was a show on about WWI Canadian forces, which was exactly the subject of the book I was reading.

I dunno :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Synchronicity [Re: trendal]
    #2152166 - 12/02/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This morning I was on the phone with a girlfriend of mine talking about christianity. I was telling her that I cannot even relate to the mono theistic concept anymore. I used to be very active in the church of God.

She told me that she had a dream last week that I was a preacher. I laughed. Then a pop up appeared on my computer stating -It's just a matter of time.

It was a popup for a christian university! I have never seen a popup for a christian university before. Wierd, huh?

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Synchronicity [Re: trendal]
    #2152769 - 12/02/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

... and five seconds later heard the words out loud from the TV.

What is the time limit for an honest-to-gosh synchronicity? Does 50 seconds later still count? I need to know the cut-off point.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#2152895 - 12/02/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

syn?chro?nic?i?ty
1)The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.
2)Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

there's your time limit

Edited by psychopsilocyber (12/02/03 07:38 PM)

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2152899 - 12/02/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was not talking about a time limit, Swami, you know that :smirk:

I said 5 seconds because that's how long it was. I'm a scientist at heart, I prefer to be fairly exact :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Synchronicity [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #2152903 - 12/02/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I guess maybe I do have psychosis...if monoamine is indeed right....heres a post I made long long ago about synchronicities and coincidences and such:

Quote:

Numbers are weird indeed....they do seem to follow me around my whole life like a beautiful elaborate conspiracy....
My lucky number is 2, always has been, because of 2 being in my birthdate...and that specific number has always showed up everywhere I go, clocks, tv, school, clubs, stores, and even in symbolical abstract objects and so on,...
Now, of course...a skeptic-logic's opinion on this would be that it's simply due to the fact that I most likely have the number 2 in the back of my head all the time, the subconscious that is, and so I subconsciously choose to see 2's everywhere I go....
But,..heh, lemme give you all ONE lil example of a personal experience of why I think there's more to it then that....
There's this particular CD I have, that has my number one fav. Song in the whole world in it...ever since the first second I've listened to it, it just really hit me...and on a sidenote, this was years and years ago...anyways, over the years, the cd got all scratched up from usual wear-and-tear and so on...so of ALL the songs on that cd,...the one that I loved started skipping...JUST that song...out of all 16 songs...It wouldnt completely finish anymore....
BUT....guess where it stops at?
2:22....
Unfuckinbelievable...I get goosebumps everytime I talk about it...
My own theory is that this is an example in relation to a theory that quite a few other people share as well, is that you manifest your own reality , A lot of people do not realize how much power their mind has to bend and shape their versions of "reality"....Reality is like a semi-flexible metal rod...it can't be broke..but it can be bent and shaped to your own desire....

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Synchronicity [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2153732 - 12/03/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Generally, I ignore synchronicities. I've had it happen at least 20 times that I'd say in advance what a stranger would say (exact words), and they said it within the next minute. Could be my subconscious picking up on signals we usually can't percieve, could be coincidence, could be I'm a pyschic. I don't really care, it's a neat party trick.

Sounds like me, except less common, say once every couple of days I will get an intuition so acurate there is no doubt(in my mind) that is was 'real'. But its not just things like knowing what someone will say, although I notice that happening to me. I dident used to pick up on things like that, but now I do, and I remember doing the same as a kid when I was like 8, but there was a gap in between where I dont remember anything of the sort.

ANyways, ""Generally, I ignore synchronicities""
I find that when I notice the the ones I Feel are divine or rather like a sign as someone said, I start noticing them more often, and it becomes a basis for my faith , and also I realize the difference between just mere coincedence.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Synchronicity [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2153924 - 12/03/03 01:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

both me and my friend have been seeing the number 222 everywhere recently. its funny at this point...

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Synchronicity [Re: tak]
    #2154053 - 12/03/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"Anonymous proxy servers simply hide your IP from others while you're on their server. So if LEO is looking at an anon proxy server while you're posting on a drug related website, he can't see your IP  But the server can. It has to."

This is from a post by lana over in the security forum. As I was reading this an ad for "LEO Diamonds" popped up! This post has got me synchronating all over the place! :lol:

--------------------
-----------

Edited by sirreal (12/03/03 02:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order