Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineL0s3r
Stranger
Mycelial growth
    #2152698 - 12/02/03 06:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Would you suggest growing mycelial in a dark room or a room where sunlight hits it? and should the mycelial have 95 - 100 humidity as well? also in the tek im using it says to put tin foil in the top lid to cover the hole and rubber band the tin foil on so no moisture will get in. Would a pressure cooker or boiling the jars melt the rubber? and on the inside of my lids I have this slight rubbery coating where the lid and the jar meet. Would that rubbery stuff melt?

EDIT
Oh yea and the tank im going to be growing in is right in front of a window, basically light will hit it all day but not strong light. Should I only allow 15 minutes of light every few hours hit it or so then cover the tank up or just let the light always hit?

Edited by L0s3r (12/02/03 06:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBosli
Stranger
Re: Mycelial growth [Re: L0s3r]
    #2152737 - 12/02/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well to answer some of your questions:

Mycellium grows better without any light, in the dark at about 85 degrees F is the fastest temperature. You want to give your cakes light when they are ready to pinhead because light helps trigger pinning (and is necessary for Psilocybe Cubensis)

I wouldn't be worried about melting rubber. It's melting point is high but if it has any plastic in it, this could be a problem.

You should allow a few hours a day to enter your terrarium when you birth your cakes but not all day.

Hope I helped some.

OfflineFcuerkt
insane visionary

Loc: the center of a xenon ato...
Re: Mycelial growth [Re: Bosli]
    #2152739 - 12/02/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

you need to read the god damned faq.

OfflineL0s3r
Stranger
Re: Mycelial growth [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #2152751 - 12/02/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well I did read like every damn faq on this site, sorry if I missed one or forgot what the answer was from reading so much because you know we can make mistakes here and there all though I do recall in 10 tips for newbies that if your unsure about something to ASK on the forum so thank you Bosli

one more question how long will the perlite give off humidity until you need to wet it again?

OfflineMisnomer
Re: Mycelial growth [Re: L0s3r]
    #2152874 - 12/02/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If all the noobs used the search feature, there would be like, one post a week in this forum.

InvisiblePoopdick
Re: Mycelial growth [Re: Misnomer]
    #2153011 - 12/02/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

leave the guy alone for christ sake, he just wants to make sure he's growing his shrooms right, which is what we all want to do. So just help and shut the fuck up.

Offlineoutaker
cack
Re: Mycelial growth [Re: Poopdick]
    #2153166 - 12/02/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"leave the guy alone for christ sake, he just wants to make sure he's growing his shrooms right, which is what we all want to do. So just help and shut the fuck up."

I second that.

OfflineMisnomer
Re: Mycelial growth [Re: Poopdick]
    #2153195 - 12/02/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was making a general statement. One I think is true.

In my experience, light doesn't effect mycellium growth in any drastic way.

If you look it up, it will probably say no light is best.

As far as your jars go, they are made for canning, which involves boiling or pressure cooking. E.g. they will hold up just fine.

About your terrarium, if you look it up, you will see different things about light. You will see experienced growers saying to give them 12 hours lit, 12 hours unlit. You will also see experienced growers and/or teks say that a millisecond of light is enough to initiate pinning. I would go with the first suggestion but that's just me. Honestly, I don't think it matters a whole lot the first grow. Maybe later when you are a whiz you should worry about exact lighting but it doesn't really matter a whole lot.

Eventually, someone will post in this thread, "spawn it to poo, you'll get lots more fruits." I would suggest ignoring this until you are experienced. The best thing is to follow the tek you started with to the letter. You will learn and you won't confuse yourself. Don't experiment on your first grow. It's too risky, cause you likely (and I am assuming here) don't know shit about growing.

And to your perlite question
Main page->mushroom info->advanced techniques->humidification->perlite humidification tips.

There. The search feature is your friend.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck