Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Ecellent news!
    #2152316 - 12/02/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's just to bad it took this long. Perhaps if there was conclusive evidence I'd feel differently.

Economy-Destroying Kyoto Protocol on 'Global Warming' Dies From Lack of Support
NewsMax.com Wires
Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2003
MOSCOW ? A senior adviser to President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that Russia could not ratify the Kyoto Protocol limiting emissions of greenhouse gases, dealing a mortal blow to the pact that required Russia's ratification to take effect.
"In its current form, the Kyoto Protocol places significant limitations on the economic growth of Russia," Putin's economic adviser, Andrei Illarionov, told reporters in the Kremlin. "Of course, in this current form this protocol can't be ratified."

Putin had previously cast doubts on Moscow's willingness to ratify the protocol but hadn't ruled out ratification.

The 1997 Kyoto Protocol calls for countries to reduce their emissions of greenhouse gases, a key factor in the theory of human-caused global warming.

To come into force, the pact must be ratified by no fewer than 55 countries, accounting for at least 55 percent of global emissions in 1990. Under the treaty's complex rules, the minimum could be reached only with Russia's ratification because the United States and several other nations have rejected the treaty.

At a U.N. climate conference in Milan, Italy, a Greenpeace official insisted that Russia's decision would not stop other nations' efforts to reduce greenhouse gases.

"The encouraging news about this is that countries are going ahead with reducing their emissions without having Russia ratify," Steven Guilbeault said.

Guilbeault said he thought Illarionov's stand was "a political comment in light of upcoming Duma elections" Sunday in the lower house of Russia's legislature.

The conference opened Monday, gathering government officials, activists and scientists, but doubt over Russia cast a cloud over it. Participants say that they doubt any major breakthroughs will be achieved and that alternative strategies at keeping emissions cuts alive would be discussed in the corridors.

Russia's reluctance to ratify the pact despite its earlier pledge to do so has vexed Kyoto's European and U.N. backers, who warned Moscow that it would lose politically and economically if it fails to ratify Kyoto.

But Illarionov, who made his comments on the sidelines of Putin's meeting with European business executives in the Kremlin, said firmly that the pact was against Russian interests.

"It's impossible to undertake responsibilities that place serious limits on the country's growth," Illarionov said. He said it would be unfair to Russia to curb emissions and stymie its own growth while the United States and other nations that account for the bulk of global emissions refuse to join the pact.

? 2003 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Ecellent news! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2152333 - 12/02/03 04:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
The 1997 Kyoto Protocol calls for countries to reduce their emissions of greenhouse gases, 

Excellent!, we certainly wouldn't want that happening... :rolleyes:
afterall, wheres the hard evidence?! :rolleyes:
that means we don't have to do anything until its too late! :laugh:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2152336 - 12/02/03 04:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Why the fuck would you get your undersized brain excited about this?

Correct me if im wrong, but all it says is that Russia will not be ratifying the Kyoto treaty purely on Economic reasons alone.

Rearrange this sentence: Fucking a dead moron brain are you.

If this proves too taxing please pm me and I will provide you with an accurate translation.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Ecellent news! [Re: GazzBut]
    #2152346 - 12/02/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Now you've gone and made me cry. Tears of laughter but tears none the less.

You big meanie!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#2152353 - 12/02/03 04:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

So why is it excellent news then?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2152362 - 12/02/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Bad for the economy. No conclusive proof it's needed. Allows some countries to pollute but not others (different levels).

Hell even Rono agreed it's bad news and he leans pretty far in your direction. (much nicer guy though)

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#2152363 - 12/02/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ah yes...classic luvdemshrooms. :wink:

1)Post article you know will arouse conflict.
2)Pretend to favour article without really saying anything of your opinions.
3)Address any and all comments with snyd remarks, and hidden opinions, avoiding any stance on the topic which will open you to rebutle.

Tell us why you think its excellent news.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#2152379 - 12/02/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Bad for the economy.

Hardly that devastating...enviornmental responsibility is rarely good for economics but i question its impact to those not having to adhere to it.

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:No conclusive proof it's needed.

But it doesn't hurt...

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:Allows some countries to pollute but not others (different levels).

So scrap the whole thing cus some other country is making more money, and hope it goes away...

Seems a classic example of human greed at its worse.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#2152382 - 12/02/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Bad for the economy.

Fuck the planet then.

Quote:

No conclusive proof it's needed.

There is no conclusive proof its not needed. Should we really be gambling with this kind of shit?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2152400 - 12/02/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ooh! Ooh! since the rich pollute more, lets add another GIGANTIC tax on the rich, fuck the rich!

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Ecellent news! [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2152405 - 12/02/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Rofl...i love your posts! they're just so....well.......american!. :smirk:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Ecellent news! [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2152428 - 12/02/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I admire your ability to love that kind of post! I find myself getting quite worked up...even though I know we are all one etc....peace/love/unity and all that!  :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#2152433 - 12/02/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

How can you take them seriously?!  :lol:

Its like the propoganda parrot.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2152442 - 12/02/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

www.newsmax.com is such a rad place to go for information.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: Ecellent news! [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2152444 - 12/02/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

LOL! I dont take them seriously, its just the thought that they are taking themselves seriously that worries me! I know this is a weakness of mine!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#2152453 - 12/02/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

oh...well..yeah, that bothers me to..., but what can ya do? :tongue:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2152493 - 12/02/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Quote:

Fuck the planet then.

No, I have no wish to destroy the planet. I have no wish to make change until it's proven to be necessary.

Quote:

There is no conclusive proof its not needed. Should we really be gambling with this kind of shit?

See above.

Should proof be forthcoming then let the changes happen. Don't deliberately pollute but don't force your desires on those who wish to see consensus first.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#2152508 - 12/02/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Should proof be forthcoming then let the changes happen.

The whole area is a grey area. Surely it would be safest to err on the side of caution?

Quote:

don't force your desires on those who wish to see consensus first.

What exactly, in english, do you mean by this?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Ecellent news! [Re: afoaf]
    #2152513 - 12/02/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:
www.newsmax.com is such a rad place to go for information.

Perhaps in your haste to say something witty you missed this.....

? 2003 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Newsmax didn't write it, they just passed it on.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2152519 - 12/02/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Quote:

Surely it would be safest to err on the side of caution?

No. If you want to sit in the dark with blankets on go ahead. I have no wish to.

Quote:

What exactly, in english, do you mean by this?

The same thing I've said earlier in this thread.

When there is proof, make change. In the meantime do attempt to force others to make change when there is no scientific consensus.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds