Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Visuals Before Bed?
    #2151472 - 12/02/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just curious...When you guys are lying down for bed, just before you fall asleep, do you often have kick-ass CEV's?

Not every night, but most, for 5 or 10 minutes, I can conjure up just about anything I want, incredibly detailed, but not in color. Its so strange...Just wondering if its my fucked up brain chemistry, or does this happen to everyone?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2151541 - 12/02/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Same thing happens to me. sometimes the images are of  a shroomery post i can read them too its very strange it looks so real i think im in front of my screen :eek: 

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: buckwheat]
    #2151591 - 12/02/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Happens to me sometimes... Usually within the first few weeks after I have tripped. After that I usually don't get any.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: djd586]
    #2151685 - 12/02/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, it's a certain state between awake and asleep.

I try to attain the same thing meditating, with mixed success.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #2151754 - 12/02/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I get that quite often. Some nights are more impressive than others but it's pretty cool. I've been too sick to shroom lately, so I'm relying on before-sleep CEV's to tide me over in some small way :smirk:

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2151763 - 12/02/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ya I get them all the time....Very nice. I used to get them when I was a boy so I dont think they are anything drug related.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: orizon]
    #2151891 - 12/02/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

My brain does the coolest things before I fall asleep. I read books in bed almost every night, and then as I am too tired to continue reading, my brain continues the story in the author's style in my head. Its hilarious. There is no plot, and I think if I actually said out loud what my brain was saying, it wouldn't make much sense. But it sounds just like I'm reading. My thoughts get incredibly alien and I can feel my subconscious flowing into my consciousness. Pretty soon the subconscious takes over and then I'm asleep, no longer lucid, and I can't observe what is going on anymore. CEVs, sometimes I get this crazy gigantic checkerboard that is on a diagonal, skewed plane in reference to my own head. My field of vision flashes and crackles. This used to bug me as a kid, now I enjoy it.

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Noviseer]
    #2152285 - 12/02/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

heh if i smoke pot before bed i can get really realistic vision-like cevs...but if im sober i can see stuff...but not much

Offlineagm4688
Reeses Pieces
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2152415 - 12/02/03 04:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i get em a bit, i conjour up some weird stuff

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: agm4688]
    #2152489 - 12/02/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If I lay in bed in the dark for a while then get up to go pee or something when I turn the lights on I get mad tracers sometimes.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2152782 - 12/02/03 06:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i get those too, i can sort of guide them and at the same time i have no control over them. theyre always pretty simple patters.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: abhi]
    #2153329 - 12/02/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Very cool. Strange stuff...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2153432 - 12/02/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have always wondered if in our sleep we enter into a state of visual CEV-esque activity - less of a dreamy nature and more of the typical entheogenic fractals and patterns. Like gravity, we all fall into that space but always forget upon waking. For some reason, I want to connect death, sleep, and the pre-natal with this state of consciousness. I would say endocrinal DMT release, but I know of no solid evidence.

Anyone into calea like me?

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Xochitl]
    #2154448 - 12/03/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I sometimes get CEVS when in bed just about to sleep, but i ask you this:

Have Any Of You ever had the experienced when you sort of wake up, but your body is still sleeping, your mind is going crazy, and you can constantly hear a loop of a song youve been thinking of lately repeating over and over? And you can't really see normaly, you can see everything infront of you but it just doesn't seem right, and you can BARELY move.

It's weird, but any of you had this happen to you? It's like your tripping hard but your not fully conscious, its pretty crazy.

(Happens to be me randomly, like it can happen twice a week or once in 3 months, two nights ago it happen 2 or 3 times in one night within the span of an hour)

InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Ginseng]
    #2154704 - 12/03/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I can relate to that. Just recently I had the most intense experience like that, with full on cevs, random thought loops and such, very interesting.
And also when I'm fully awake, after waking, I ocasionally get random songs stuck in my head, which I'm positive I've been dreaming of.

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Merkin]
    #2155407 - 12/03/03 01:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone gets this.  It's an early stage of sleep called "hynogogic (sp) imagery".  [weed seems to intensify the imagery for me as well].  After this stage some say they feel like they are "falling" - its the "sleep chemicals" in your brain becoming activated.  :rocket:

Also, during REM sleep your body is under parylisis (sp).  I once woke up completely paralyzed - it really freaked me out.  I couldn't move or talk - I was trying to but my brain wouldn't let me.  As soon as I could I instantly fell asleep again.  (I've heard about this happened before, so I'm not completely insane).

Yay for my psychology class at CU. :eyemouth: 

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Psilozero]
    #2155422 - 12/03/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I get it just about every night.....sometimes it's very distracting.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Visuals Before Bed? [Re: Harbinger]
    #2156051 - 12/03/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yea... sometimes ill fall asleep for 5 minutes, wake up and be COMPLETELY paralizedjavascript:void(0)
:shocked:... I can't talk or make any sounds with my voice to ask for help, because thats what i would try to do when i didn't like it.  I then will try to move but can't, and then ill use ALL my effort to move, to the point where its exhasting, and all of a sudden my body will awake and i can move again.  I'll be like... cooljavascript:void(0)
:thumbup:... and fall asleep right away.  Now is sort of enjoy the experience.

Damn crazy shit can happen to us without any drugs

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2156384 - 12/03/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ginseng that has happened to me several times too. do you hold your breath in your sleep? I do, and I think that has something to do with it.

--------------------

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #2156642 - 12/03/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng said:

Damn crazy shit can happen to us without any drugs

amen to that

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds