Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
The "Intergalactic Flow"
    #2151363 - 12/02/03 11:02 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I truly think there is a "intergalactic flow",if you will, that governs everything that exists, and without our brains chemistry being changed by natural occurences (NDE's) or psychedelic drugs, that "intergalactic flow" is filtered out.

What leads me to believe this are Deja Vu's, saying things at the same time someone else does; singing a song in your head, and right then somebody starts singing it aloud without any outside influence; dreams foretelling events that actually do happen.

For example: My aunt having a dream my cousin was pregnant, then my cousin turning out pregnant without my aunt having a clue she was having sex, and without my cousin even knowing.

Sure, you can find scientific explanations to satisfy your reality... but there are some things that science won't be able to come up with an explanation for, and never will.

One of those things is the intergalactic flow that everything and everyone is unified with.

I feel if you can look at someone now and can tell how they are feeling, in the future will we be able to communicate complete thoughts without opening our mouths? Will talking become a primitive way of communication in the far future?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: The "Intergalactic Flow" [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2151629 - 12/02/03 01:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

DUDE, do you want some scientific proof of what yo are saying????
BEYOND THE QUANTUM, its written by micheal talbot, and in it he explains among other things .......

What the 100th monkey effect is, how RATS can get smatter as a SPECIES WITHOUT PASSING BEHAVIOUR THROUGH GENES the way Darwin thought, the 100th monkey effect is where monkeys get to a critical mass and then they all start doing the same thing, and FINALLY when a NEW CHEMICAL is made , and Crystalized it plays around with stucture finally settling on one, AND AFTER THAT, ALL AROUND THE WORLD WHEN THAT NEW MAN MADE CHEMICAL IS CRYSTALIZED ITS PICKS THE SAME SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO TOLD THE CHEMICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL??????????!!!!!

anyway you might also want to check out , The Cosmic Game, by grof, and mysticism and the new physics , another talbot book

peace

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: The "Intergalactic Flow" [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2151648 - 12/02/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A few thoughts:

Quantum entanglement allows for instantaneous communication between particle-pairs over any distance (which may include temporal distance). Information transfer is supposedly limited in this transfer, but abstracted systems can probably be created to exploit the effect (hmm...how quantum is the brain?).

Next, the Higgs Boson (or Higgs Field, "God Particle", ect). There is a field described by the Standard Model (I think it's in there...) which is supposed to exist at all points in space - the "Higgs" field. Particles with mass get their mass by interacting with the Higgs field - the more strongly a particle interacts with the Higgs, the more mass it has. This has also been nicknamed the "God" particle. The important point: it is supposed to exist everywhere.

Lets see, there's also the Quantum Vacuum field. This is created by the quantum-level fluctuations in the EM force. The EM force in any given point of space can never be zero, it fluctuates up and down, giving a form of "quantum foam" to very-small scale spacetime. This is also called Zero-Point Energy. It is related to virtual particle pairs.

The notion of "self" can be confusing when you take into account that there are no truely "empty" parts of space. Every point in spacetime is occupied by some particle or another (matter or energy).

--------------------
Like my post? Hit me up!
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The "Intergalactic Flow" [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2151676 - 12/02/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What the 100th monkey effect is,
The hundreth monkey is myth based on a misinterpretation.

how RATS can get smatter as a SPECIES WITHOUT PASSING BEHAVIOUR THROUGH GENES the way Darwin thought,
What you describe is Lamarckism not Darwinism.

FINALLY when a NEW CHEMICAL is made , and Crystalized it plays around with stucture finally settling on one, AND AFTER THAT, ALL AROUND THE WORLD WHEN THAT NEW MAN MADE CHEMICAL IS CRYSTALIZED ITS PICKS THE SAME SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet more nonsense.

WHO TOLD THE CHEMICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get your exclamation key fixed. I am guessing this is actually a question. The laws governing chemical bonding determine the crystalline structure; no "messsage" is secretly passed to other molecules.

0 for 3 so far. Keep going though, you are on a roll.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: The "Intergalactic Flow" [Re: Swami]
    #2154024 - 12/03/03 04:02 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The mice were trained to go down a maze that was T shaped and a left turn meant light(but electric shock) and a right turn into the dark was the only way out(without electric shock)

So then, how do mice with different genes in DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE WORLD , year after year!, this study was repeated by at least 3 people by 1980, and what did they find??????

the SPECIES got smarter as a whole , just like crystals from NEW chemicals take the same shape and just like the 100th monkey effect WHICH BY THE WAY, doesnt have to happen IN SIGHT OF SOMETHING, tests show SPECIES LEARN AS ONE, some says its morphogenic fields , it could be , but all I am saying is that the mystery is there :smirk:
so suck on that :ooo: :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (12/03/03 04:16 AM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#2154027 - 12/03/03 04:05 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

check out this review of the book

"You can never go back, once you're read this book., January 27, 2000
Reviewer: Monty Nicol (see more about me) from NY, NY 
This book is a carefully organized and well-explained safari into the amazing world of quantum physics. I would sum this book up by quoting Talbot himself: "It is one of the great ironies of our century that as reductionist biologists were slowly trying to purge all mention of consciousness from their understanding of neurophysiological processes, physicists were at the same time uncovering compelling evidence that the mind is not only necessary, but may be integral to our understanding of the physical universe."

This book is no mere excursion into some otherworldly fantasy. When you finish this book, your world, although not radically changed, is undeniably altered. In one example, Talbot uses the familiar illustrations of a woman, a blocky, diffuse illustration that's not at first obvious. Turn the page, and the reader sees the illustration in more detail-- it is a woman. Turn the page back, and the formerly incomprehensible image can be clearly seen to be that same woman. This book will affect the reader's reality the same way. Close the book, and the reader can't help but think of the world on slightly different terms.

Of all the books in my library, this book is easily the best example of an author taking a wide range of potentially incomprehensible subjects and making them clearly understandable. Talbot writes with the conviction of someone who is himself as interested in his subject as the reader is, but his approach nonetheless remains objective throughout. I highly recommend it.

Was this review helpful to you?
"

YES :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: The "Intergalactic Flow" [Re: Swami]
    #2154052 - 12/03/03 04:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

how RATS can get smatter as a SPECIES WITHOUT PASSING BEHAVIOUR THROUGH GENES the way Darwin thought,
What you describe is Lamarckism not Darwinism.

FINALLY when a NEW CHEMICAL is made , and Crystalized it plays around with stucture finally settling on one, AND AFTER THAT, ALL AROUND THE WORLD WHEN THAT NEW MAN MADE CHEMICAL IS CRYSTALIZED ITS PICKS THE SAME SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet more nonsense.

Like I said that rats were in some cases in different parts of the world, and I would not doubt some one is STILL doing this same experiment today, the SPECIES GOT BETTER AS A WHOLE, thats just that data , you can have whatever belief you want abot how it happened , but those rats were not watching each other in seperate areas, and I know about MEMES and that doesnt explain it unless you mean the MEMEs are being tranmitted , and I doubt thats what you think, but I think that there IS MORE going on there then meets your simple eyes.

Quote:

Yet more nonsense.

well if the crystal thing is such nonsense who told the crystal?????????
you????

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2154095 - 12/03/03 04:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"One of those things is the intergalactic flow that everything and everyone is unified with."

doesnt science support that notion in alot of ways? science isnt a religion dude, its a method.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: The "Intergalactic Flow" [Re: Positronius]
    #2154100 - 12/03/03 05:02 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well actually everything IS LINKED, read some quantum physics :smile:

and at the quantum level its just a big soup of pulsating energy.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology