Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Ending Your life
    #2148681 - 12/01/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ok say you had no family or friends to hurt and after years of meditaion alone you decided to give up your life to try and transend from this world. You are perfectly happy and have no kinda of depresion.

So would it be wrong to take your own lifeand and would this also be bad for you spiritualy ect ?

Because I guess it would be a sybolic way of becoming enlighened because your willing to end the illusion.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Ending Your life [Re: EvilGir]
    #2148695 - 12/01/03 06:24 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

what illusion? that you are alive? yes killing yourself would end the "illusion" of being alive, it would also end the "reality" of you being alive, which is a little more concrete than the "illusion".

actually, life isnt an illusion at all, its very real. Im typing right now, electric impulses, I ate a chocolate chip muffin and I am drinking a coffee. All of this is very real. Its real to me, and its real to all the lifeforms that are aware of my existance.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Positronius]
    #2148718 - 12/01/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah muffins are real!! And i am real.

chocolate chip muffin hmmm...

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Positronius]
    #2148720 - 12/01/03 07:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

it's not a question of whether its wrong or not, but whether how much life matters to you.

just be careful in what you mean by illusion and what you apply it to.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Ending Your life [Re: kaiowas]
    #2148730 - 12/01/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Bad. You are not just a limited ego that can be cut off. No, you are a conglomeration of billions of lives throughout the four times of past, present, future, and timeless time. You are billions of things. You would cut off all those lives. Moreover, if you really are a person of subtlety who has meditated then you will be destroying very many very fine feeling creatures along with your ego. Best to just go to college, get a shitty job, or even go to the bar more, whatever, anything is better than dying. Death is...death. You take up right where you left off.

I have been told that one reincarnates rigtht where you leave off, but if you kill yourself you have to start over from scratch the next time. You have to do it all over again exactly the same as this time. There is no escape.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineFtMnsWeedisDank
Fort MountainHas Danky Dank
Re: Ending Your life [Re: eve69]
    #2148798 - 12/01/03 08:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Eve; Don't believe everything you're told.

Suicide isn't something that can be answered by people on a message board. It must come from deep within.

I think first you must examine the reasons behind why you'd want to prematurely end your life...Life is short enough as it is.

In cases like this, as with getting a loan from a bank, you must fully understand the choice behind the decision.

Also realize, no matter what you believe in, there's no coming back from death. Whether or not something else exists beyond death is irrelevant, as is reincarnation, There will never be another you in any lifetime or other existence. When you're gone, that's the end of your chapter in the book of life.

But ultimately, the choice is yours and yours alone to make.
If it's a choice you'll be happy with is up to fate.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Ending Your life [Re: FtMnsWeedisDank]
    #2148805 - 12/01/03 08:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

no, you cant really be "happy" when you committ suicide, because nothing is able to experience that happiness.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2149103 - 12/01/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Why do it now? the world is about to end anyway... I'm banking on the 2012 thing. Don't you want to stick around for the end times, think about what you will miss seeing- THE END OF HUMANITY! If nothing happens by 2015 though then I would go for it, myself, I'm shooting smack, going on a drug binge, and calling it an experience.

OfflineMonkah
abreactionsynchronicity
Loc: location? i exist somwher...
    #2149547 - 12/01/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ok say you had no family or friends to hurt and after years of meditaion alone you decided to give up your life to try and transend from this world. You are perfectly happy and have no kinda of depresion.

So would it be wrong to take your own lifeand and would this also be bad for you spiritualy ect ?

Because I guess it would be a sybolic way of becoming enlighened because your willing to end the illusion.

it is to the best of my knowledge that i have done this before.
and if it wasnt for me retaining that knowledge.
it would have been in waste of me doing so.
besides my experience.
its for you to decide the actions you take.
keep in mind. before you die.
do whatever youd like.
whatever you have yet acomplished for yourself.
and i dont mean, whatever you always wanted to do.
like kill someone who hurt you, or something retarded.
theres no need to disrupt someone else's pulse.
i mean travel the world. or go white water rafting.
what do you have to loose? if you know your already going to kill yourself.
at least give yourself the experience you crave.
and if you do not find in that satisfaction what was missing
in the first place.
then your decision is not final.
the you, you know is final.
but it is not an end. and getting out of that fake dark isnt easier any other time.

--------------------
*NEW!* from Monkah Inc.The "Silence game" hold an exhilerating game between you and a friend,see who finds silence first! (warning:M. Inc. patented silence-in-its-self,failure to pay up will result in sending satan after you! err,we mean our laywer!)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Monkah]
    #2150151 - 12/01/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think when someone commits suicide, it is done with a very profound sense of pain, be it physical or mental.
I see no reason for anyone to commit suicide just because they want to run away from this reality to a better one. What is pain for this people ? They have no pain at all, just the illusion of something they believe will happen after they die.
Committing suicide for such reasons is a waste of life IMHO.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Ending Your life [Re: MAIA]
    #2151086 - 12/01/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Honestly, death is a natural process, and to be honest it's not a natural inclination to end it sooner on no special grounds. If you did it would be out of fear of the rest of your life. And while you have this choice, you always have free will, it will (if based on fear) be an act against your integrity [your charge or polarity or intuition] for which you must suffer a karmic burdon. Burdons like that will keep you from focusing on and achieving enlightnment/nirvana/satori/oneness/godhood/etc.

As for life being an illusion... Life in this reality is definately a reality, one of many realities one can experienec while their physical body is alive or not. It is a common view in the east that any and all of these realities are illusions, or distractions from achieving and maintianing perfect alignment/mergence with "god" or "the universe" or "eternity".

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Ending Your life [Re: jiva]
    #2151115 - 12/02/03 05:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ok the idea came from a film vanila Sky where at the end of the film to wake up from his dream world he had to jump of a skyscraper. Now this just got me thinking that if this world is just an illusion and there was no one around to be hurt by your own death then why would it be wrong to end this illusion and try wake up from this world. I guess it could be seen as some sort of depression and escape but it could also be seen as the ultimate sacrifise to fully let go of this materail world and to try and transend. Although if there where anyone alive that cared or loved you this would just creat too much bad karma and you would probably go to a bad place.

By the way i aint go no plans to ever do this cos yeah i wana live to 2012 and anyway I got better things to do. Not forgetting things are going well for me at them moment with uni and stuff plus I got lots more drugs to take and experience stuff. I wana live to at least 75 if the earth is still here.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2151321 - 12/02/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

[if] there was no one around to be hurt by your own death then why would it be wrong to end this illusion and try wake up from this world.

Even if one had no family to be hurt, there is still the human family which could benefit from one's help. Everyone has something to give, whether it be tangible or not. So people one will never know will indeed be affected. Ok, so maybe you're not already helping people. Then why are you talking about "transcending" for yourself when you can be helping other people right here and now?

The way to transcend the world is to stop being attached to fleeting materials things and start helping others. Our path lies through this world, not out of it. You were put here for a reason- not to check out prematurely. Nothing lasts forever, so endure life because it lasts only a blink of an eye in the face of eternity.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Jellric]
    #2152608 - 12/02/03 05:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

life is beneficial to your soul
once you endure hardships (life is fuckin HARD)
then you can fully appreciate the goodness and eternal bliss of the otherside

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Jellric]
    #2152779 - 12/02/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You were put here for a reason- not to check out prematurely.

Yeah, those babies that die from S.I.D.S. really piss me off; checking out before they even start their mission - the cowards!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Swami]
    #2152907 - 12/02/03 07:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

A few years back I wanted to kill myself because I was depressed and saw no reason to live anymore. I didn't care about afterlife or anything like that I just wanted to end the pain. Then after I got better I realised how stupid that was. Then a while back I was really interested in what is after death and I sort of wanted to kill myself just to find out but I know that would be stupid and if this is my only chance at life I might as well stay a while and have some fun first.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2152925 - 12/02/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

There's plenty of chances.
Suicide, however, is devolution.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Swami]
    #2152959 - 12/02/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, those babies that die from S.I.D.S. really piss me off; checking out before they even start their mission - the cowards!

How do you know that SIDS wasn't their mission? :wink:

(To all):

nobody gets to die if theyre not supposed to.  even if you manage to fuck God, it'll only be temporary.  God is like a bookie that never forgets. 

Edited by DoctorJ (12/02/03 08:15 PM)

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Ending Your life [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2152998 - 12/02/03 08:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I read that for humans life is always uphill, and for demons life is always downhill. So being human is never easy. If your life is difficult then you know at least you're still human.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Ending Your life [Re: eve69]
    #2153015 - 12/02/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Are you talking about soliliquism (sp.?), the belief that everything is an illusion?

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order