Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewingo
Following thegolden path
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting in Chile [Re: wingo] * 1
    #2149589 - 12/01/03 02:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I found a book written by a mycologist professor at my University. He listed all the mushrooms you can find here in Chile, edibles, non edibles, toxic and non toxic, and "hallucinogens", which are:

- Amanita Muscaria
- Mycena Pura ('pura' means 'pure' in english)
- Psilocybe Semilanceata (liberty caps?)
- Psilocybe Zapotecorum
- Psilocybe Retirugis
- Paneolus Sphinctrinus
- Panaeolina Foenisecii

He also named the habitats for each specie, but didn't mention what season of the year is the best to find these species. I tried to contact this professor, but I was told he was ill and he wasn't going to work for the week (I understood that as "he's tripping and he'll come back as soon as he leaves the other dimension") Anyways, does anyone know which weather helps this species growing?

thanks,
wingo.

--------------------
I've been here before, I've felt this before, but, whose is this body?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Hunting in Chile [Re: wingo]
    #2149633 - 12/01/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thiese two shrooms are not psychoactive.

Thats why they were not included in the list above.

Mycena Pura is rvery rare adn it is still not sure about chemical content. and Amanita muscria does not contain psilocine/psilocybine.

mj

Retirugis is similar o to panaeolus subbalteatus and may even be con-specific with that species.

Offlinewingo
Following thegolden path
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting in Chile [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2149721 - 12/01/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

MJ, which shrooms were not included in the list? sorry, I didn't understand that.
I looked in your page and found that Gymnopilus Spectabilis and G. Purpuratus are psychoactive too. The author of this book said they were just toxic, not psychoactive.. so it's nice to see we have 2 more species to look for. He also said that psilocybe argentina could be found here, but he didn't list it as psychoactive. Is it active? (I mean, the name says psylocibe, does it say something?)
On the other hand, I know that amanita muscaria doesen't contain psilocine/psilocybine, but you can trip with it too, right?

wingo.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2150608 - 12/01/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry I was referring to the panaeolus sphinctrinus and to the panaeolina foenisecii which are not psychoactive, nor is Psilocybe argentina.

I caution people about the gymnopilus a shrooms becasue of their orange cinnamoon color which some could mistake a galerina as a small gymnopilus. While a few of the spe ies occur on stumps others are in rotted or dying wood debris rich in humus and liguin. So I usually tell collectors to avoid those species.

G. purpuratus is very common now in Germany but is still common in the austral Floral Zone form Australia to Chi;li and Argentina.

I have eten them on four ocasions, ddried specimens while in Germany =visiting my colleague Jochen Gartz.

mj

again, good luck on your hunt. I wouled really stick to Psilocybes and Copelandias.
have a shroomy day

Offlinewingo
Following thegolden path
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting in Chile [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2151499 - 12/02/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks MJ.I will be careful.
I'm SO exited, because on December 15th I'm going to the south of Chile, which has a totally different weather (compared to santiago) and LOTS of forests with high humidity, woods, lakes, rivers, etc., so I think I'll find some shrooms over there. The not-too-good side of this, is that I won't have a computer to post the pictures..(maybe a cybercafe) I'll just have to pick he mushrooms, let them dry, and when I come back to Santiago i'd post the pics of the fresh mushrooms, and if they are edible/actives I'll eat them.
If I found some P. Semilanceata and I can't post the pic, is it safe to eat them? because for what I know, there are not dangerous species here that look alike to P. Semilanceata... Can I do that?

wingo.

--------------------

Offlinewingo
Following thegolden path
 User Gallery

#2151831 - 12/02/03 12:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.ecopueblo.cl/ecoreservapualafquen.htm

I don't knwo how to upload pictures. Here's a link to a chilean page of an Ecological community where they show a couple of shroom pictures. They are in the middle of the page. As I already said, I'm going to the south, and the place in this pictures is very close to where I'm going, so It's very likely that I'll find the shrooms they are showing. Can anyone identify them? I guess the kid is holding an amanita, but the other ones...no idea.

wingo

--------------------

OfflineKarin
Mushroom
Female User Gallery

Loc: Maryland Flag
    #14478730 - 05/19/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I live in Chile and we have THOUSANDS of Amanita Muscarias growing all over Conce, I don't know which part you are in... anyone else know where to find other types of mushrooms in Chile?

--------------------
"If there is anything worth doing, it's worth doing right."
Karin

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck