Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblestupid adage
Male

Loc: florida
Re: Anybody here been bitten by a shark? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21503646 - 04/04/15 06:36 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
I haven't and don't know anyone who has. I've only ever seen one shark (in the wild at least). It was on a deep sea fishing trip and it wasn't more than a foot or two long. Someone caught it. Shark skin feels really weird btw.

I'm not really afraid of sharks, because the chances of ever coming face to face with one in the water is so low.. Around here we have these catfish called hardheads (https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/hardhead/) that have a poison or something on the tips of their fins. Shit hurts when they stab you. It's like searing pain. They love to flop like crazy when you catch one too (making it very difficult to get them off the hook without getting stabbed). I fear those little bastards more than a shark.

i know what you're talking about.  Yea I've heard getting stung hurts like fuck.  They're bait stealers too so it can be hard to avoid catching them sometimes.  I hear some people eat em though.  Them and all the stingrays are a much bigger danger than the sharks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Anybody here been bitten by a shark? [Re: Atreyu] * 1
    #21503648 - 04/04/15 06:37 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Atreyu said:
I haven't been bitten by a shark but check this footage out.

it's fake, the actual footage was a seal

there's a photo series that have a orca on vancouver island in a shallow stream
going after a grizzly bear, it's a very impressive photo set, anyway the orcas
are said to go upstream to lay their eggs in the streams but I think they're
really after the bears for mating purposes and this will be the outcome

OnlineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Anybody here been bitten by a shark? [Re: stupid adage]
    #21503662 - 04/04/15 06:44 PM (9 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

stupid adage said:
Quote:

Shroomslip said:
I haven't and don't know anyone who has. I've only ever seen one shark (in the wild at least). It was on a deep sea fishing trip and it wasn't more than a foot or two long. Someone caught it. Shark skin feels really weird btw.

I'm not really afraid of sharks, because the chances of ever coming face to face with one in the water is so low.. Around here we have these catfish called hardheads (https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/hardhead/) that have a poison or something on the tips of their fins. Shit hurts when they stab you. It's like searing pain. They love to flop like crazy when you catch one too (making it very difficult to get them off the hook without getting stabbed). I fear those little bastards more than a shark.

i know what you're talking about.  Yea I've heard getting stung hurts like fuck.  They're bait stealers too so it can be hard to avoid catching them sometimes.  I hear some people eat em though.  Them and all the stingrays are a much bigger danger than the sharks.

Yeah it does hurt. Some more than others. I've been gotten by them no less than a half dozen times. I'm mostly immune to pain and can kinda ignore it, but theirs I can't. It's a searing pain that is basically impossible to ignore or block out. Thankfully it only lasts for like 20 minutes before it starts to fade.

And yes they are huge bait thief. Around here it's practically all you will ever catch. You will go through a dozen of those before you'll get one Red or Croaker or something. As for eating them, I suppose you could, but none of the ones I've ever caught have been big enough to be worth the cleaning.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]