Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezoloft
Stranger
shroom patterns
    #2150204 - 12/01/03 07:58 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

ok, heres a question for you thinkers that i have been wondering. Every time i take shrooms i see patterns everywhere, my friends that take them with me also see them. Im talking the geometric patterns that look like mariquana leaves and similar such plant-looking things that cover the ground and walls when you trip that flow and move. i have been wondering am i seeing these patterns while on shrooms because i have seen them before when i was sober and i recognize them, or are these things the artwork of the shroom gods and everyone sees similar things while shrooming? What i am getting at is, did cave men and ancient people see these patterns too when shrooming? even though they probably never had seen them before in their world otherwise? do we only see these things because we recognize them or are they universal?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline420SMURF
Stranger
Re: shroom patterns [Re: zoloft]
    #2150394 - 12/01/03 08:58 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

that is a damn good question, I dont know maybe because we see things like that everyday our brain just recognizes them and they stand out when we do shrooms. I think they pry saw alot of the same patterns in nature like bark on trees and wood. I always see eyes and faces on trees and they stand out more when im on shrooms but i never really used to see stuff like that until doing shrooms. I think shrooms make u look around more and notice things u normally wouldnt and then it kinda sticks with u. So basically i think they did see similar things because those patterns have nothing to do with technology they did not have

Offline420SMURF
Stranger
Re: shroom patterns [Re: 420SMURF]
    #2150404 - 12/01/03 09:01 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

There are things known and there are things unkown and in between are the doors - Jim Morrison

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2150410 - 12/01/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

basically what you are seeing is your retina's pattern of rods cones and all that good stuff. I dont know how but that is what i have read it is, im sure there is some scientific literature somewhere on it. try some n,n dmt, the patterns get way more defined and intense :eyemouth: 

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #2151670 - 12/02/03 01:32 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

What i am getting at is, did cave men and ancient people see these patterns too when shrooming? even though they probably never had seen them before in their world otherwise? 

Yes.  :smirk: 

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: shroom patterns [Re: motaman]
    #2152502 - 12/02/03 06:56 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I ALWAYS get those on mushrooms, its crazy, I remember once riding my bike in this park over some grass and out of the ground appeared a "fence" of octagons all connected that jutted right out of the ground in all directions, the pattern looked so real that I actually got off my bike for fear of running into the "fence like pattern".

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: shroom patterns [Re: Cubieman420]
    #2152973 - 12/02/03 10:02 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I'm drunk, but those patterns are the real world comming out to you as matter and shit lol. Thats my theory for now, time for another long island ice tea and a bowl of nugg. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Loc: Arizona
Re: shroom patterns [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2153515 - 12/03/03 12:44 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

On friday when i get Digi cam im gonna have to show you a picture of a tree in a forest by my house. It resembles a human face to much its great.

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: shroom patterns [Re: Smeogall]
    #2154413 - 12/03/03 10:47 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

wow please post that pic, i'd like to see it :smile:

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: shroom patterns [Re: day_tripper]
    #2154777 - 12/03/03 01:14 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I think its bolth patterns that are a product of you mind's interaction with mushrooms as well as images that your mind has percived. For example, i always see patterns similar to mushmaster's avitar (check the political forums) wich I highly doubt are an inherent prouduct of the way our mind is built, yaknowwhatimean?

Edited by domite (12/03/03 01:15 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: shroom patterns [Re: domite]
    #2154945 - 12/03/03 01:55 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I bet cavemen saw woolly mammoth patterns on the walls of the cave...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: shroom patterns [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2155167 - 12/03/03 02:42 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I see mushrooms and snakes and jungle like things, like shrubs and such

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: shroom patterns [Re: gdman]
    #2155239 - 12/03/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I remember reading about this in an article about neural computing.
Mathamatical models of the visual cortex produced geometric patterns when exposed to general low level random simulus, here is an article I found with google.

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/010426/visual-cortex.shtml

Offlinedave52
Re: shroom patterns [Re: psilomonkey]
    #2162269 - 12/05/03 06:22 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

the human brain naturally looks for patterns everywhere, visually, phisicaly, spatially, socially. they are how we organize our life. time happens in the pattern of the ca lender, in a pattern of hours, in a pattern of seconds. when we can find a pattern then we know what happens next. its like an aligrotham (sp?) for your brain. you don't have to pay as close attention to something because you know what happens next in the pattern, so your brain is free to think about other things. where do patterns come from? our electrochemical nature. because our bodies run off of electricity, everything we perceive happens in frequencies. our heartbeat, the frequencies of vision we see, the signals of perception sent to our brains, all come in electrical frequencies; repetitive frequencies. people seem to have a natural affinity for patterns, especially when the incorporate frequencies...which is almost a definition of music.
anyway, psychedelics can disrupt, in a fashion, the visual signals from your eyes so that sometimes you are not sure what, exactly it is you are perceiving. and, before 'you' perceive the image, your brain tries to compensate for the inaccurate or incomplete image it is dealing with because of the drug. now this does not explain straight hallucinations, but it does explain some patterns. so your mind takes an image, not sure of what it is, and uses the visual stimulus it can pick out to create a pattern, thus the image should be more easily understood, by you. look at a rockwall ceiling (the speckeled white stuff) while tripping. soon the senseless, random pattern of white specks will start to conform to images your brain already possess, as your brain tries to impose an order on the randomness. brains just seems to get a lot more crative about this process when they are on drugs ;p but people do it all the time. ever looked at a cloud and seen an animal? animals are the most basic form we imagine, the most primitave, and the first thing that young children dream about (hence monsters). just as your brain imposes its own order on a cloud, the same can happen for a rug, wallpaper, even ordered patterns. tripping seems to disrupt the brains ordering function over time, overlaying movement on a still image, like our brains ability to interpert real images is dropping down a level. i bet you have seen moving pattern when you were really looking at a still geometric image. we percieve patterns of movement just as we do still patterns, all they do is help us understand what is going to happen next. and when our brain cant perceive all of the information because of a drug interference, it makes it up, overlaying previous images or patterns of movment we have seen or imagined in the area our brain cant seem to get straight, or just repeating the pattern we can see in the areas of vision our brain cant process.
this is kind of an abstract, long winded explanation, but its an interesting 'mental mechanical' way to think about a mental process we take for granted

Offlinegravity_pirate
Stranger
Re: shroom patterns [Re: dave52]
    #2162321 - 12/05/03 06:41 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

this is something i have thought about many times before. especiall on shrooms. One question always stands out too me. could your write everything a person is on a piece of paper? like a mathamatical equation. because humans are incredibly complex organisms. To me (and this is just my worthless opinion). psilocbyin flooding the brain with serotonin as it does and over stimulating other parts of the brain. so that the whole brain is working as one organsim. kinda like an incredibly complex fileing cabinet being kicked over and all the files spread everywhere. So the visionary part of the brain starts reacting with the physical, and the mathematic part. creating escher like drawings, and overlaping with the emotional part, making the images change as our thoughts do. dont take my word for it though.

--------------------
longboarding + shrooms = bliss

Offlinedave52
Re: shroom patterns [Re: gravity_pirate]
    #2162336 - 12/05/03 06:44 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

yeah the senses do seem to overlap. a color can induce a feeling and so forth. as parts of the brain that don normally interact, or do so on a subtle level make new connections

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience