Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Going Back To san Francisco!!! Galerina Question?
    #2149475 - 12/01/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have done a search and looked at as many photos of galerinas that I could find. I am worried about mistaken identity even though I would never think that galerinas are cyans from the pics I have seen. AS most of you have read, I passed up on a shit load of older cyans because they didn?t show good signs of bruising so In general I believe I am very cautious. I am a self taught hunter/mycologist, formerly known as (mycelium5150) but the name is still registered here and I can?t retrieve my password, and I am confident in my skills but the risk of death is enough to make anyone have a second thought. I own a few field guides but they are packed away in storage but I will try to retrieve them before I go back to the city.

This is what I?m looking for in a positive id.
Wavy cap
Bruising
White stem
Stringy or wispy veil if any

What color should the gills be?
What else?

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: Going Back To san Francisco!!! Galerina Question? [Re: tahoe]
    #2149662 - 12/01/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

always take a spore print, right? the spores will be a dark purplish brown almost black. the gills will be lighter in younger specimens darkening as they mature because of the spores on them...galerinas drop an orangish spore print the colour of rust and the gills will reflect that colour. Also, from what i have seen the stems of a galerina tend to be about the colour of the cap and will bruise brownish.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Going Back To san Francisco!!! Galerina Question? [Re: llamaboy]
    #2149677 - 12/01/03 02:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ANd the stem will be mostly an off whitsh with fibrills on a darker orange brown color to them. And they will have either an orange or white ring. I am currently prepapring foer the ultimate Shroomery Guide a page on Poisonous look-a-likes comparing cyans to stuntzii to galerina species and Concocybe filaris to the potent ones.

Page will also include Green Gills which is the number one shroom picked in Florida as a P. cubensis by people who have no idea what they are doing. While those two species do not look alike, they are mistaken int he southeast and green gills is the number one accidently ingested species int he south.

mj,

I will pm you when the page is finished. Right now is t beginning to be the start of the San Francisco season for P. cyans.

Good luck

mj
Also the less bluing you cause ina picked mushroom the more potent that shroom will be and retain during drying

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Re: Going Back To san Francisco!!! Galerina Question? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2149701 - 12/01/03 02:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the positive feedback and not flaming me

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
    #2149720 - 12/01/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i was wondering how prominant the bluing is in cyan's...is it possible that bluing my not be that apparent if the cyan is not as "active". or do they always ALWAYS bruise blue?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Re: Going Back To san Francisco!!! Galerina Question? [Re: llamaboy]
    #2149782 - 12/01/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

some of the older cyan that i picked didnt bruise at all but the caps did show some color. Like this one. Notice the bruising around the crack on the cap

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2149939 - 12/01/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The two easiest ways to determine the difference is looking at the spore print color and the color/structure of the gills.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Re: Going Back To san Francisco!!! Galerina Question? [Re: angryshroom]
    #2149999 - 12/01/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Damn, i need to get that book back!! I used to know the difference between gill structure. Im assuming gill color would be dark grey to purple.

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2150458 - 12/01/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Purple/brown...maybe when dry...

"GILLS adnate to subdecurrent, close to somewhat distant, broad; cinnamon-brown becoming deep smoky-brown, edges whitish, (Stamets), adnate to sinuate, yellowish brown or orangish-brown to violaceous brown, sometimes somewhat mottled, with edges colored as faces or nearly whitish, (Guzman), typically adnate but sometimes seceding, fairly close; brown or cinnamon-brown becoming dark smoky-brown or sometimes bluish-stained, edges whitish, (Arora)"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate