Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Ending Your life [Re: EvilGir]
    #2153027 - 12/02/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jezu said:
Ok say you had no family or friends to hurt and after years of meditaion alone you decided to give up your life to try and transend from this world. You are perfectly happy and have no kinda of depresion.

So would it be wrong to take your own lifeand and would this also be bad for you spiritualy ect ?

Because I guess it would be a sybolic way of becoming enlighened because your willing to end the illusion.

Many of yous are responding to this question as if Jezu is actually contemplating ending his life, when his question actually appears to be rhetorical in context. It's a good question. Was answered almost adequately at one point.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Frog]
    #2153062 - 12/02/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

There is an Indian (India not America) sect that believes that suicide can be a path to enlightenment. However, you must fast to death. This precludes any impulsive emotional act and gives one plenty of time to think, meditate and to back out if they so choose.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2153093 - 12/02/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Anybody have that article about suicide rates and over population? Maybe its something in our genetics. It is true we have the ability to think, to rationalize, to make art, to destroy, to make war, to not act if we so choose, and to take our own life. We feel, we love, but how are we suppose to know that these things are not a part of the rest of the animal behavior? We are after all, animals, that is fact. We may not be savage and crazy, like the kids on lord of the flies. But its surprising to see how many people in our world act that way. With so many individuals, i can see what a burden this world would become. Who is to say if it is right or wrong, i cannot, these thigns happen, personally, i wish to stick it out, and do what i can. Shit sucks, but sometimes it will get better, plus i like looking at the sky too damn much to have my eyes rot out. I guess it all depends on what you hold on to, what you want to have, what you want to come about... I cannot put a cap on the human condition, it is too great, and too untamed to put a solid thought to it.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2153118 - 12/02/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

How about trading your life for another. Soul for a soul. Would that hinder or help ones soul?????????

How about going into war. Isn't that kinda considered suicide. Chances are your going to die. Even if you have a badass technology........

When is it suicied and when is it just reckless living. Think about all the people in history that lived an exciting, dangerous and definatley reckless life. They died young but definately not bored. From all the Conquerors to bank robbers to Alcoholics. Would those that died young from that reckless living be considered a suicide, since they didn't obviously try their hardest to make it to old age???????????????????????/

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Ending Your life [Re: medicinebag]
    #2153146 - 12/02/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

slow suicide. I think so a lot of people want to die, and their lifestyle shows their lack of caring. My dad was a "great" example.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2153303 - 12/02/03 09:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Here's an excerpt and link to an article on a guy and his recent suicide attempt:

PARIS (Reuters) -"A Frenchman who burned his life savings to a cinder before swallowing two bottles of pills is facing life with an empty bank account after neighbors foiled his suicide attempt.

The man, who lived alone, had cleared out his bank balance of 240,000 euros ($288,500) and set fire to the pile of 500 euro notes in his bath before swallowing the pills, hoping to leave nothing behind after his death."

I'm sorry, but what a selfish fuck. Think of how many people could have been helped with almost three hundred thousand dollars! It just shows what is at the core of suicide amongst healthy individuals.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st..._france_cash_dc

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Jellric]
    #2153368 - 12/02/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Here's an excerpt and link to an article on a guy and his recent suicide attempt:

PARIS (Reuters) -"A Frenchman who burned his life savings to a cinder before swallowing two bottles of pills is facing life with an empty bank account after neighbors foiled his suicide attempt.

The man, who lived alone, had cleared out his bank balance of 240,000 euros ($288,500) and set fire to the pile of 500 euro notes in his bath before swallowing the pills, hoping to leave nothing behind after his death."

I'm sorry, but what a selfish fuck. Think of how many people could have been helped with almost three hundred thousand dollars! It just shows what is at the core of suicide amongst healthy individuals.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st..._france_cash_dc

Common tho Jellric, don't u think u might be being a bit too
judgemental... ? I mean u know nothing about this guy,
what exactly was going thro his mind, or how much pain he was
in...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Ending Your life [Re: lucid]
    #2153382 - 12/02/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Common tho Jellric, don't u think u might be being a bit too

God, I hate quoting you in replies, lucid! I highlight the area of your post I want to quote, and it only captures one line at a time because of the way you post. Time-consuming. Wordwrap is your friend. :wink:

I know it comes off as judgemental, but I'm sorry. I have no way of knowing what pressure the poor soul was under, but you have to take responsibility. Normally, killing yourself is selfish enough, but why take your money with you? Shows you he was only thinking of himself and his concerns..me MY MINE...

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Ending Your life [Re: Jellric]
    #2153532 - 12/02/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

eve69: I read that for humans life is always uphill, and for demons life is always downhill. So being human is never easy. If your life is difficult then you know at least you're still human.

oh, i must have missed that issue of readers digest!

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]