Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: You silly afterlife-believing fools... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2147583 - 11/30/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
I just had an epiphany related to the subject of the whole matter of what is described in LoF's post...

have any of you had like, yknow.."future flashbacks"? Sorta like Deja Vu, but a lil "more" than that? Like suddenly you feel like you've been there, you've already seen this, you actually "remember" this moment, even though it didn't happen up until then.

I've had several incidents like this...like small things that have no significance, I'll have this image in my head, just some random image...and like, years later.. BOOM! i LIVE that image! i see the whole "scene" right in front of me, like right there just as exactly i have pictured in my head years ago...like just standing there doing nothing really noteworthy of significance or whatever...
I've had this happen to me quite a few times...and i've talked to alot of other people about it, who also related....so this could indeed be another supporting factor of the whole premise which is quite thoroughly and articulately explained in LoF's post...
like maybe we're actually "remembering" what we had planned out?
And maybe psychics are people who remember faster than most people?
Hmmm...I'ma dwell on this epiphany s'more...

^Thats also just another one of my own "clues" that support my belief in reincarnation.
I know quite a few people who have had this type of experience...
You could do a world-wide survey of it with everybody, and you would get countless people reporting the exact same type of experience(s).
What does this lead to? Who can say? Nobody can say with absolute authority. But, I can come to my own conclusion, based on what I feel to be the most likely cause, which is Fate.
I believe in Fate. I'm a Fatalist. What I've described above, that not only me but so many others have experienced, supports Fate. You don't have to believe it if you dont want to, hell you can believe whatever you feel is best, be it a simple "glitch in the Matrix".
I believe, that our subconscious mind leaks memories from us planning out the lives that we incarnate into, hence the "future flashbacks" that so many people have at times...
Again, this is just one of my reasons for my choice in the belief, of an afterlife.
If you have a better theory explaining otherwise, please feel free to share, I'm open-minded to listen to whatever ideas you feel is better and nor will I judge you for your ideas.

Quote:

muhurgle said:
Even if your deja-vu experience was significant, I don't see how that relates to reincarnation or afterlife.

Okay, I'm gonna go real slow for you here...

Lets say you have a "daydream" or whatever...and you have a very clear vivid image of you doing some random thing, say, washing dishes on a sunny day.
Then you snap outta your day-dream state of mind as someone calls your name and then thats the end of that.

Then, say, 1 year later....
on a sunny afternoon...you decide to clean the house...and along doing so, do the dishes...you begin to wash the dishes...and alla the sudden, it hits you like a frieght train...you remember that exact moment...and yor mind races to make sense out of the whole situation, and if you're quick enough in your memory, you'll remember that you actually had that EXACT same "scene" daydreamed out in your head, a year ago. Everything was identical.

Now, on top of that, lets say you had SEVERAL similar experiences with you having this exact same type of incident, throughout your life.
And on top of that, you've talked to people about, and THEY TOO, relate to it and have experienced the same thing, and so on.

Now tell me, what would YOU, make of that? what conclusion would you come to as to what the reason behind the incident that not JUST you, but other people all over the world has experienced? And why would you come to that conclusion.

I already told you my opinion and conclusion on the matter in my other post.

God help you if this isnt like feeding you with a baby spoon

No offense, but:

1) I don't believe that dreams or daydreams coming true are "future flashbacks" from what we have already planned, when we lived in the past. I believe they are premonitions about what is going to take place in the future. As I posted earlier, after you initially posted this, I have dreams that come true. I remember when I had the dreams. One of my dreams recently came true. I had the dream when I was about 12 or 13, and I told my sisters about it when I woke up. Maybe for you, it's something different and so maybe we're comparing apples and oranges.

2) Are we going to get killed here for going on about "fate" again? See, I only believe in fate to the extent that you are pretty much headed toward a pretty well-set future unless you do something to change that future, using free will. So if I have a dream about something that is going to happen in the future, and the dream is based on how I am living my life at that moment, but I make changes in my present life, that dream may end up not coming true. So I don't think that having dreams or visions about your future supports "fate".

btw: swf at your "feeding you with a baby spoon", unless, of course, it was directed at me!!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1
Re: You silly afterlife-believing fools... [Re: Lord_of_Fungus]
    #2147585 - 11/30/03 06:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lord_of_Fungus said:
*nodding vehemently towards Skorpivomusterion.. and then brushing toilet duk off* Get away kid, your upsetting the elves. 

Awww...but I wanted to sit on Santy's lap!! :frown: 

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: You silly afterlife-believing fools... [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2147590 - 11/30/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

Do you really believe that your going to "DIE">  :shake: Come on.  We got a real life athiest in the SandP. So just nothing, blackness, nothingness.  Maybe a hiccup and then lights out.  I thing that is truly depressing.  No, this "joke" of an existence, was created as a school, a learning place, a hell, so to speak.  We expereince heaven and hell, yin yang. Dualism.  After this dualism is experienced we move to the next stage. Some prefer a move backwards.  I plan on moving backwards the next time.  In the sense that I will be recycled in a "not so" technologically advanced country.  Some of us aren't what we seem.  However, there are places that one can get "stuck" in for a long time.

What your talking about does happen.  That much is true in you "Feeling" the way you do about the Nothingness.  So I can't be so hard on your about your "feeling" what you do.  :thumbup:What happens to some, is that they didn't "get it right" or suicide.  When that happens you don't get to go back, but are sent to a "sleep" place.  In that place time stops, you could be there for 100 years earth time and not know a second went by.  The reason for that place is basically a prison cell for the soul until a new "situation" can be found for you to recycle into. 

So, For you to feel so strongly about that "nothingness" shows you spent your last cycle in it.  That's why this life seems weird.  It's not one you planned.  It is one that was given to you that mostly fit the last one where something went wrong. I hope you don't get "stuck" in that "pergatory" this round.  All you have to do is make one realization.  This "joke" is on you.  After that it'll all fall into play.     

InvisibleLord_of_Fungus
The AlmightyLord & Master ofThe Universe

Re: You silly afterlife-believing fools... [Re: medicinebag]
    #2147625 - 11/30/03 06:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I beleive it is termed limbo... but now that I think on it.. and this is truely the beauty of free will.. I change my mind.. You were absolutely right mixomatosis.. dude, your gonna die. Arrivederci, Kaaaput, fini, asta la no more vista baby. But could you hurry it along? someone coulda used that life you are crapping all over.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2147658 - 11/30/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lord_of_Fungus said:
You were absolutely right mixomatosis.. dude, your gonna die. Arrivederci, Kaaaput, fini, asta la no more vista baby. But could you hurry it along? someone coulda used that life you are crapping all over.

SWF!!!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: You silly afterlife-believing fools... [Re: Frog]
    #2147663 - 11/30/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

okay before I respond to your OTHER post, Froggy, what does SWF mean?
Single White Female?
wut?

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

User Gallery

#2147664 - 11/30/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2147668 - 11/30/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"But could you hurry it along? someone coulda used that life you are crapping all over."

How exactly is he crapping all over life?

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleLord_of_Fungus
The AlmightyLord & Master ofThe Universe

Re: You silly afterlife-believing fools... [Re: Positronius]
    #2147671 - 11/30/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

it wasn't meant to be poked, prodded, and dissected.. this is what is termed a joke class.. say it with me Pos.. Joooooke

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

#2147681 - 11/30/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

oh,

ha-ha

--------------------

User Gallery

#2147698 - 11/30/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:

1) I don't believe that dreams or daydreams coming true are "future flashbacks" from what we have already planned, when we lived in the past. I believe they are premonitions about what is going to take place in the future. As I posted earlier, after you initially posted this, I have dreams that come true. I remember when I had the dreams. One of my dreams recently came true.

and you call your dreams COMING TRUE, mere premonitions of the future? simply hunches and anticipative feelings towards what lies ahead of you? When you dream up a very vivid and clear scene in your mind's eye...and then, say 2 years later, you enter that EXACT same scene, just as you had "envisioned" it before...your cup is on the left side, and your tv is in the corner, and your standing up in the exact same angle, and the beams of sunshine are shining on the wall..everything identical. You call that just a mere premonition???

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2147718 - 11/30/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
okay before I respond to your OTHER post, Froggy, what does SWF mean?
Single White Female?
wut?

Let I apologize. I believed that "swf" was an acronym well-known and widely used.

Hence, let I elucidate: "Snot Went Flying"

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2147722 - 11/30/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ah, you foolish geese

Lord of fungus: Um, your text in blue.. what were you trying to say? It didn't make much sense as it was a little over-embellished to make you sound smart.

as for:

So, For you to feel so strongly about that "nothingness" shows you spent your last cycle in it. That's why this life seems weird. It's not one you planned. It is one that was given to you that mostly fit the last one where something went wrong.

please, dear God, go back through my posts and show me where I said that life seems "weird." What a strange habit you have of putting words into my mouth. You come up with some silly explanation about my past life and then back that up with how I feel weird about life.. but I don't feel weird at all about it.. What are you trying to do? And, look where you got the evidence of how I floated in purgatory before (or whatever you're saying): Right after a disclaimer that says

"I could explain this a bit more, but language would inhibit my transmission of information as I intend. "

Well geez.. I give you a warning that's there to tell you words can't express what I'm trying to say because you'll MISINTERPRET my information, and then you use that to explain.. I don't quite get it.. I'm a ball of karmic sludge floating in the void?

I beleive it is termed limbo... but now that I think on it.. and this is truely the beauty of free will.. I change my mind.. You were absolutely right mixomatosis.. dude, your gonna die. Arrivederci, Kaaaput, fini, asta la no more vista baby. But could you hurry it along? someone coulda used that life you are crapping all over.

Mmmm hmmm, what makes you think I'm crapping over my life? Another weird conclusion. I love life, it's kickass and exciting.. weird thing for you to say, but I guess by your definition I'm what.. ungrateful for life because I prefer my delusions over yours? Nice.. and, oh yeah, isn't wishing me dead against the rules in this forum where, in your words

"We are adults discussing philosophy"

See, this is confusing, because in your post where you used blue writing, you don't really.. I don't know.. SAY anything, other than I'm an idiot and you've had a near-death experience therefore you're right. Did you not read through this thread? It clears up a lot of the confusion and you could use a hand getting in the actual discussion going on here.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2147726 - 11/30/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

oh yes.. medicinebag, one more thing... because I've believed in reincarnation for my whole life except for the past year or so, does that still mean that I come from the void or whatever?

Anonymous

#2147731 - 11/30/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i believe that after death, consciousness is as it was before conception.

User Gallery

#2147754 - 11/30/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You seriously have not an IOTA of concept of what Lord of Fungus said?
I shouldn't be too surprised, I suppose. :smirk:

All you can do is attack the color of the font, and "over-embellished" words?

Would you like me to translate it to layman's terms for you, perhaps? It's okay to ask for help...you can always ask for your mommy if you're too embarrassed to admit you didn't have the capacity to understand advanced english. :wink: 

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2147789 - 11/30/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

please do translate!

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#2147793 - 11/30/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

oh, and let me please apologize for being such an amazingly STUPID fuck!

OfflinePositronius
playboy

#2147795 - 11/30/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Lord of Fungus" didnt say anything worthwhile, and neither have you scorpio McCheese. Heres an idea, add something intelligent and worthwhile to the discussion or go masturbate your petty ego somewhere else, what do you think>?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: You silly afterlife-believing fools... [Re: Positronius]
    #2147816 - 11/30/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thread is being closed....

You guys just don't get the no-flaming rule, do ya?

Attack ideas, not eachother.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder