Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
calming the senses
    #2144927 - 11/29/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

man water has a really huge effect on me. it's really relaxing, but what about it though that makes it this way? And when I really think it is sound. on television, mood has a certain tone to it. when something "bad" happens, the music tunes down, adding to the effect.

when did we start realzing what sound meant what? when was this agreement placed within myself? this emotion expressed through sound.

when I want to feel relaxed, I'll listen to something slow, monatone, or ambient music. likewise if I want to feel a rush of energy some metal suits me well.

when there is no sound, how does it makes you feel? to me it doesn't bring on any emotion, just, calm.

but that's just sound, but what about sight?

sight plays the same games. tv is again a great way to display the using of lighting to reflect emotion of the scene. when was this agreement made?

when there isn't any sight, for me it's the same way, calming, no emotion.

so many things that effect emotions, and yet in nothingness there is peace.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: calming the senses [Re: kaiowas]
    #2145036 - 11/29/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

do you mean like there is an emotion that has become asosiated with different sounds or visuals?

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: calming the senses [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2145052 - 11/29/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes that's what I mean

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#2145057 - 11/29/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

could we perhaps learn to change these emotional responces?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2145067 - 11/29/03 05:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, but they are so instant. changing it sounds like a neat idea, but how would one go about doing so. how did I program myself to think this certain way. tv??

--------------------

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#2145076 - 11/29/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

have you heared "timothy leary - how to operate your bairn?" it dosnt tell you how to do it, just tells you about TV etc. "who controls TV, controls your eyes, who controls your eyes controls your mind"

Ive been trying to figure it out, and what youve said tonight is good start anyway. I spose its a hurdle to work how we change these instant responces. It cant be going through every responce and changing them one by one, it would take a way that changes all at once.

Like taking a certain attitude will effect the way you are. rather than thinking about everything you do, and trying to adapt it to an attitude you wish to have. if you get me

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #2145087 - 11/29/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

changing it sounds like a neat idea, but how would one go about doing so.

Take control, one moment at a time, until you're consciously in control of your reactions during most of the moments you experience.

Its just too bad that this task is the hardest known to man.  :confused: :nut: :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: calming the senses [Re: chunder]
    #2145116 - 11/29/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

would it take a hefty dose of LSD to begin the task?

--------------------

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #2145369 - 11/29/03 08:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

that is a very good question.

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: calming the senses [Re: trippinlizard]
    #2145656 - 11/30/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think you should try to change your reactions to certain colors, sounds, and patterns htat you react to. A quick way to go crazy is to try to rewrite your base intuition, throwing you into a new world.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: calming the senses [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2146152 - 11/30/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've always suggested, and Kaiowas will back me up on this, get the book Handbook to Higher Consicousness by Ken Keyes Jr. Truly great stuff. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: calming the senses [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2146244 - 11/30/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

whats it about?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2146273 - 11/30/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sole_Worthy said:
whats it about? 

It basically shows you how addictions cut us off from a higher experience. Gives you everything you need to know as far as going about reprogramming your mind, changing your addictions to preferences that aren't emotionally bound, and shows you how to truly live in the Now without cutting yourself off from life.

Definitely worth a read, and there isn't any reason to at least try the stuff out. :grin: I guess a lot of it is based on some Buddhist beliefs, but presents it in a way that is easy to understand and utilize. I just wish I still had my book. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#2146954 - 11/30/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

intresting, i will check it out some time.

chers:)

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2147492 - 11/30/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

really do check it out.  it's hella cheap, and it's all common sense stuff that you may not have thought of before.  again it's just ideas, nothing major out of the ordinary :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2147551 - 11/30/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It basically shows you how addictions cut us off from a higher experience. Gives you everything you need to know as far as going about reprogramming your mind, changing your addictions to preferences that aren't emotionally bound

F_g or kaiowas, can you give a short synopsis or example of techniques the book recommends for overcoming habits? I'm not asking this to set you up or anything, just curious. I've heard a lot about this book and am wondering what it's all about. -Jell

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2147661 - 11/30/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Water is formless. It adapts to anything.
It is the softest thing in nature, yet with time, can dissolve stone.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: calming the senses [Re: Jellric]
    #2148192 - 11/30/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

sure!

"..A wonderful thing about life is that it is naturally good.  life is set up to work-produce love, fulfillment, and happiness continuously.  however, various situations during your first years of life conditioned you in the methods of consciousness which usually generate unhappiness in your life.

you will learn how to experience the owrld as a friendly, loving place that has been designed to give you everything you need. beautiful things will happen so continuously that you can no longer  ascribe it to mere coincidence

while this certainly has not been your intention, you will become aware of how you have been turning yourself off to the energies of the world around you. your mind has been programmed to process incoming visual, auditory, and other information in ways that continuously alienate and seperate you from people. you will realize that you have been unconscious of what you have beeen doing to yourself.

you are ready for growth into the happiness of higher consciousness when you realize the utter futility of trying to live a beautiful life by your efforts to rearrange or change the world of people and things outside of you to fit your addictions and desires."

that's a little tidbit there, all on one page too :smile:

the first part of the book gives out definitions and such.  here;s a neat quote I found

"we must deeplu understand why all of our negative emotions are misleading guides to effective action in life situations.  our negative emotions are simply the result of an extensive pattern of scars and wounds that we have experienced."

so for instance, when something bad happens, a lot of the time we "expect" that same thing to re-occur again. this causes fear, among other emotions

the book describes several different "centers" of consciousness that we operate under, and how we can identify when we are operating under them

it would be kind llengthy of me to get into all of them without giving an accurate portrayal of what he's saying, but in essence he shows that humans still operate under the flight or fight syndrome that we had to use when we were still "wild."  we don't need that boost anymore, but our emotions still play upon it.  with this flight or fight thing our body goes through an adrenaline rush, which in turn wastes a lot of energy.  it's what keeps that mind chattering away.

keys damn near gies us a table with each "consciousness center" and what emotions we experience when we are at the center, how our energy gets drained from being at specific centers.  this is the heart of being mindful of your thoughts! 

keys also comments a lot on the rational mind and the ego and how they play back and forth to keep the babble going and gives some kick ass techniques to deal with it. 

hope this helped a little.  :smile: 

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2148669 - 12/01/03 05:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
hope this helped a little.  :smile: 

Hehe, kick ass you fielded that one, cause I wouldn't be able to do it that well without the book.

It basically is tuning in, becoming aware. Using the power of your thoughts to create a new state of mind in which to view the world. It all depends on how much work you put into it, basically. I have been gradually and slowly become more aware, climbing the ladder, so to speak, but I haven't had my copy for quite some time.

Hell, you could use the book to climb yourself right up to cosmic consciousness, merging your awareness into the Universe, but that requires releasing one last addiction, the one to your life here. Myself, I couldn't ever go that far, but the benefits of being in one of the higher states of awareness are near endless...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2149191 - 12/01/03 11:12 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"you are ready for growth into the happiness of higher consciousness when you realize the utter futility of trying to live a beautiful life by your efforts to rearrange or change the world of people and things outside of you to fit your addictions and desires."

Go with the flow. So true. This Thanksgiving, after I recovered my energy from the having a cold, I experienced an afternoon full of effortless interaction with my family that was very cool. I wasn't trying to direct traffic or anything, everything I did fit into and helped along the good everyone else was doing. It was a very natural state to be in.

Thanks for the excerpts, kaiowas. :smile:

-Jell

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order