Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Several questions, if I may.
    #2143869 - 11/29/03 08:50 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

I have made PF/MMGG cakes to a great degree of success in the past, but have not grown mushrooms in any way in well over a year.

I thought now would be a good time to get back on the horse, so to speak.

My intention was to pick up where I left off (with PF/MMGG Tek) until I ws fully back into the swing of things, then when I had several good batches going, then experiment with more advanced methods, such as casing, and Malt-Agar Dishes.

Unfortunatly, the person I sent to get me a spore came back with a Homestead Mushroom Growing Kit.

I dunno if any of you guys have ever bought one of these, but if you haven't yet, please don't ever. It came with the weakest, saddest spore print I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

That aside the kit is also a Malt-Agar Petrie Dish, and casing Tek based kit, that comes with EXTREMELY undetailed instructions.

A ton of things went wrong when doing the dishes, but against all odds (was there even any spore on that thing!?!??!?) the mycelium is taking over the agar. Slowly but it is happening.

Now I guess my next question is going to be..... what next?

Investing money into this project is not a problem, we'll sink $1000 into it if that is what it takes.

what I do want to make sure is that I am doing things, and learning things, that will have the greatest possible benefit in the long run.

I don't want to screw around with different Teks, and waste alot of time figuring out that I used the wrong casing, or that my temp was way off.

The only thing I have bought so far for the process is a HUGE peice of dark blue tupperware. It's easily 5 times the size on any of the terrerium set-ups I have seen so far in this forum. It is easily 1.5 feet deep, by 3 foot long, by 2 foot wide. The plastic is a dark blue which will restrict light, now I realize that was probably a mistake.

Ideally I will get up to between 6 and 10 of these monster grow-chambers going per cycle, and each new cycle to be ready right as the second flush of the pervious cycle is pulled out.

So I guess my question, is from fully colonized Agar Petrie Dishes, what do you guys reccomened for a Tek, when the goal in large yeild.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Several questions, if I may. [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2143892 - 11/29/03 09:23 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Do a g2g with the colonized agar.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: Several questions, if I may. [Re: SixCee]
    #2143904 - 11/29/03 09:47 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

G2G onto WBS? Would that work? I am thinking of going the "Starter's WBS Tek" for the later stage.

And Do you know where I could get VERY DETAILED instructions on G2G. I am okay in the brain department, but the person who is actually doing these is kinda slow.

--------------------

OfflineSuby
Deadly ViperAssassinationSquad
 User Gallery

Loc: I'm over here now.
Re: Several questions, if I may. [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2143909 - 11/29/03 09:58 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

humm... G2G onto is a grand Idea. popcorn will be easier to work worth IMO. less contams.
as for casings do the 50/50 tek, its pretty easy to do, and will increase your yeild tremendously.

have fun.

--------------------
"Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff."
Steven Wright.

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that?

"I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation