Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Nifty ass quiz.
    #2142939 - 11/28/03 06:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Check this out:

http://www.philosophyquotes.net/cgi-bin/god_game1.cgi

There's a few bits that I think need to be a little more clear, but it's a cool quiz.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: Phluck]
    #2142998 - 11/28/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I enjoyed it... though I think it has some logic errors in it... for instance, when I said there was no reason to believe in the Loch Ness, it then said I contradicted myself when I said atheism is a matter of faith because there is no evidence of a God. Well, it never gave the option of "I don't know" if the Loch Ness monsters exists or not.

I hope that came out to an understandable level...

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: ergot]
    #2143013 - 11/28/03 07:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That was a fun test. I took one direct hit and bit one bullet, or was bit? Anyways, made sense how we can want to use certain types of logic justify what we want to believe in, but will use the same logic to deny someone else's beliefs.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2143014 - 11/28/03 07:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting very few bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullets occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hit and bitten bullets.

Because you only suffered one direct hit and bit very few bullets, you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2143018 - 11/28/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Well, it never gave the option of "I don't know" if the Loch Ness monsters exists or not."

Yeah, there were a few little flaws like that.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2143180 - 11/28/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!
------------------------------

yay!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: chodamunky]
    #2143205 - 11/28/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting only one bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullet occurred because you responded in a way that required that you held a view that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only one bullet and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

Click here if you want to review the criteria by which hits and bullets are determined.
----------------------------------------------

neato little quiz right there

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2143211 - 11/28/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
"Well, it never gave the option of "I don't know" if the Loch Ness monsters exists or not."

Yeah, there were a few little flaws like that.

What does that imply of the ones who got through unscathed?

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2143373 - 11/28/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

that you are not contradictory in your convictions

--------------------
i am another you

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: jiva]
    #2143388 - 11/28/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

So you are arguing that there were no flaws?

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2143401 - 11/28/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you sound like the quiz

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2143428 - 11/28/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Like to quiz I may not be free of flaws if that is what you mean :smile: 

--------------------

InvisibleMazzyStar
C4LC

#2145563 - 11/29/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I got the TPM service medal.

--------------------

Offlineiamhimheisme
jesus christ

Loc: where i dont want to be
    #2148618 - 12/01/03 05:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ergot said:
I enjoyed it... though I think it has some logic errors in it... for instance, when I said there was no reason to believe in the Loch Ness, it then said I contradicted myself when I said atheism is a matter of faith because there is no evidence of a God. Well, it never gave the option of "I don't know" if the Loch Ness monsters exists or not.

I hope that came out to an understandable level... 

same here, although i was thinking that believing in some sort of spiritual being deserves more credit than believing in a monster.  i can see how a person could take comfort in a belief in (a) god(s), however, i just dont see any point in chasing something like the loch ness monster.  damn rain  :nonono: 

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: iamhimheisme]
    #2148973 - 12/01/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"i was thinking that believing in some sort of spiritual being deserves more credit than believing in a monster. i can see how a person could take comfort in a belief in (a) god(s), however, i just dont see any point in chasing something like the loch ness monster."

Just because it's more beneficial emotionally doesn't make it more logical.

--------------------

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2149054 - 12/01/03 10:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It's a bullshit experiment where the creator of the game controls all parameters. One cannot answer with conditions, while the game maker creates all the conditions. I don't believe in one God, but in many Gods. This belief makes this game unsuitable for my entire cosmoconception. Just as Buddhists cannot be conscripted into war (in the US), so also I cannot be conscripted to play a game which is obviously culturally biased towards the Judeochristian hegemony of the US.

In short - more bullshit Judeochristian proselytizing.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: eve69]
    #2150588 - 12/01/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

this is a "dope" quiz... literally

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: eve69]
    #2150629 - 12/01/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, there are some relatively small flaws... obviously you didn't go any further than the first few questions.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2150642 - 12/01/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

You've just bitten a bullet!

In saying that God has the freedom and power to do that which is logically impossible (like creating square circles), you are saying that any discussion of God and ultimate reality cannot be constrained by basic principles of rationality. This would seem to make rational discourse about God impossible. If rational discourse about God is impossible, there is nothing rational we can say about God and nothing rational we can say to support our belief or disbelief in God. To reject rational constraints on religious discourse in this fashion requires accepting that religious convictions, including your religious convictions, are beyond any debate or rational discussion. This is to bite a bullet.

Now why the fuck did i bite this bullet. This is the only question this thing said i got wrong. Where did i contradict myself though.

I dont believe in god, but i would define a "god" as having infinite power to change anything such as perception by a human which would make 1+1 = 72

Quote:

you are saying that any discussion of God and ultimate reality cannot be constrained by basic principles of rationality.

Of course a god wouldnt be restrained by rational principles beacuse he is fucking god.

Quote:

To reject rational constraints on religious discourse in this fashion requires accepting that religious convictions, including your religious convictions, are beyond any debate or rational discussion.

Isnt this a given, who extacly is trying to rationalize god. Is it a crime to just say "i think" and go with flow.

I didnt really like the quiz.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Nifty ass quiz. [Re: d33p]
    #2151886 - 12/02/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That was interesting. A couple problems I had with it were the Loch Ness thing for one: Theres a difference between believing in something that's supposed to be a physical animal living on this planet and believing in a Divine Entity which is, according to most people, not physical. It's not fair to call that a logical inconsitancy. (Yeah, I got called on that.)

Another thing is that some of the questions are rather vague so you have to give the best answer they give you the option of, not the answer you may really believe. For example I got called on saying that it wasn't wrong to believe in something due to a deep personal conviction but then I also said the rapist wasn't justified based on his personal convictions. The thing is, the question would have to have been mor extensive for me to be able to answer it properly. I think its ok to believe something based on inner convictions and no external proof so long as such convictions don't cause you to hurt anyone or anything else, and rather do what you can to help it. I really don't care how people come to what they believe as long as it isn't the cause of suffering or violence. I don't think my beliefs are logically inconsistant, just more detailed than the quiz was.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom