Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepatmcq
Psychonaut
Loc: Lawrence, KS
Mushrooms and Love
    #2143055 - 11/28/03 09:53 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Greetings to everyone on the forum! I have an interesting story to tell and I'd love to hear what someone else thinks about it.

When I eat mushrooms, I always do it with my tripping partner Leslie, who has been one of my best friends for a couple years. Nothing romantic has ever happened between us, mostly because when I met her she was my best friend Rob's girlfriend already. I was never really very attracted to her until we tripped at my apartment about four months ago. That night I basically fell in love with her completely out of the blue. I guess the mushrooms showed me a side of her that I'd never seen before. I thought at first that the feelings were a temporary product of the hallucinogens, but they have persisted long enough to convince me that they're real. I've been in love before and this feels different but better.

In the time since these feelings first arose, Rob has cheated on Leslie twice, killing my respect for him and bringing Leslie closer to me, since I helped her make it through the heartbreak. She is in the process of breaking up with him, so once her emotions have stabilized, I'm going to ask her out. I already feel more strongly towards her than anyone else I have ever been with before, so I can't wait to see what I feel if we ever get together. I feel like if I keep tripping with her and get closer to her I could discover something higher than love. My question is this - has anyone else ever been through something like this before? It's the most fascinating thing that's ever happened to me.

--------------------
"So, now you say that life sucks? Well, 99% of it is what you make of it, so if your life sucks, you suck." - Suicidal Tendencies

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: patmcq]
    #2143059 - 11/28/03 09:58 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Ah... Love... Perhaps one of the strongest drug in the world! A guy on this board (His name is DiMiTriSouljah) once said that shrooms do unite people, and god it is so true. Me and my friends in my band shroomed for the first time together and we really got closer than before. I really can't explain how or why...

Believe: SHROOMS INDEED DO UNITE PEOPLE!! :laugh:

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: Snape]
    #2143068 - 11/28/03 10:04 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

agreed. i never felt closer to my group of friends and my boyfriend after a summer of lots of mushroom tripping.

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Loc: no hands land, az
Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: Snape]
    #2143076 - 11/28/03 10:10 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

yes. when i was 15 my friends and i all downed a bunch of dxm cough syrup. we went over to another friends house who already had some folks hanging out whom we didn't already know. i was introduced to them all and everyone sat around a camp fire in the back yard. i met a girl there named dana, who i talked to as i tripped until 5am the next morning. she was sober. anyway for whatever reason almost instantly after i left the party that morning i developed a huge crush on her. odd thing is, i didn't think much of her until after we talked all night long. when i first seen her i thought she looked kinda odd, but by the next day when i was sober again, i thought she was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen. i was forced to move 2000 miles away soon after with my parents, so i never really got to know her other than a few letters that we sent and such. i'm only 22 but thus far in life, as far as romantic love goes, i think i loved her the most. it's very rare that i really swoon over a girl. though i would kill to shroom with her, i doubt i will even talk to her again. anyway thats my story. just with dxm and not shrooms heh.

--------------------

2,5-dimethoxy-4-astatophenethylamine

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: ninetynine]
    #2143673 - 11/29/03 03:17 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

If your feelings have persisted this far, I think its safe to say the feelings are real, I'm sure the shrooms just helped you unlock that love that your subconscious had been hiding from you becuase she is your friend.  I have had the same thing happen (without shrooms), but I definitely say go for it, my best friend seamlessly became my lover, now looking back on it I just wish I had realized it sooner.  Good Luck. :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2143700 - 11/29/03 03:31 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Man I just love how shrooms change your life and who you love when you least expect it. Though I have never fallen for anbody will tripping. I have certainly became better friend with those I have tripped with. I hope it all goes well with you. My best luck to ya man. Peace.

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: Osker246]
    #2145393 - 11/29/03 10:22 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

i think it would be good. i find that when i do shrooms with someone the bond between me and that person is almost always strenghtened

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2149738 - 12/01/03 04:59 PM (13 years, 12 days ago)

oh man, i crushed on this girl for a while, but she has this boifriend. anywho, i saw her while i was tripping pretty hard 2 weekends ago, and i was like... whoa, we talked, and i couldnt think straight (i mean, less straight than the mushrooms had me thinking as it was). she touched my pants to feel the material, and like, my mind went blank. it sucks, cause i was all like done thinking about this girl, and now i like her again, lol. damn bfs... not that i think i'd have a chance anyways, but i feel awkward around her whenever he's around.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinedave52
Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: entiformatie]
    #2162360 - 12/05/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

orig. poster - dont be her rebound guy

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: dave52]
    #2163814 - 12/06/03 11:36 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

thats nice, I can feel what ya saying.Go out with her and soon trip together :tongue:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Anonymous

Re: Mushrooms and Love [Re: T0aD]
    #2163912 - 12/06/03 12:32 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

i just wanted to comment on this:
Quote:

feel like if I keep tripping with her and get closer to her I could discover something higher than love.

:lol: it WONT happen man.  Nothing is higher, more important, and divine as Love.  Remember, love is unconditional, to show love, to share love, doesnt require mushrooms, but it can help strengthen the love.  I would let her know how i felt, but i wouldnt ask her out too soon after she breaks up with your homie.  Find out how he feels too, express yoru feelings to both parties, i think it will save you some extra grief down the road man.  takes awhile to get over your partner in a relationship...no matter WHAT they tell u...

good luck man 

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#2164114 - 12/06/03 01:49 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah my best friend was my first tripping partner.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience