Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Life is Growth
    #2140248 - 11/27/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Mental and physical growth. We are almost always moving and we are almost always learning something new, right? We are always moving some muscle or pulling in new input that is dealt with by our mind.

I am much more used to consciously growing mentally than physically, but it is a world that I am opening up to. Purposely stretching this muscle and gently pulling this one and stressing others to give them a concentrated work out, just doing what feels like being done because it needs to be..

This same thing applies for the mind. We all know this. The thing is that we need to consciously think about this and use the benefits of doing so in our day to day.

Oh, and growth takes time. You can't dump a load of fertilizer on a marijuna seed and expect a quarter pound tomorrow. Time, patience, and determination are required. You have to take an active and conscious perspective to get the best, skunky buds with the quality yield. And like your muscles, they need rest in order to grow properly almost just as much (hell, maybe more, *shrugs*) as they need the exercise. *ponders while sitting in a buzz*
:grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
Re: Life is Growth [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2140290 - 11/27/03 12:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yup, life is dynamic and dialectic.  I lack of change and growth leads to ossification, and the *snap* you're in two pieces on the floor.  Frigg, there's a really fitting Lao Tzu quote but I can't find it.  In any case, you've managed to convince me to get off my butt and exercise my body a little.  Good for you :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Life is Growth [Re: Panoramix]
    #2140316 - 11/27/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Panoramix said:
Yup, life is dynamic and dialectic.  I lack of change and growth leads to ossification, and the *snap* you're in two pieces on the floor.  Frigg, there's a really fitting Lao Tzu quote but I can't find it.  In any case, you've managed to convince me to get off my butt and exercise my body a little.  Good for you :thumbup: :thumbup: 

And you just provided a means of me remembering that there was more I wished to do than just sipping water and existing in a state of mindblownness over how spectacular Queensryche is. I need to stand up, stretch out, and plug in Sirius. I'll be back in a few. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2140332 - 11/27/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I had this one mushroom trip where I decided that there was a God of Life, and that I would worship it and serve it.

And when I saw it (CEV), it was just alive, nothing more nothing less, it kept growing, despite the costs, no matter what happened, whether it became good or evil or both, life would just grow.  It became my duty to make sure it grew into something good, so I chose a side.

The way "life" looked was indescribable... like an infinite shifting blob of everything biological imaginable, and eyes everywhere.  hehe

Of course that was just another crazy trip so take it with a grain of salt :kiss: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Life is Growth [Re: pattern]
    #2140335 - 11/27/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pattern said:
And when I saw it (CEV), it was just alive, nothing more nothing less, it kept growing, despite the costs, no matter what happened, whether it became good or evil or both, life would just grow. It became my duty to make sure it grew into something good, so I chose a side.

Sort of reminds me of bacteria culture. *strokes chin and thinks "Hhmm.... aren't we evolved bacteria?"*

*Continues thinking... "Hhmm... aren't shrooms evolved bacteria as well?"*
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Edited by fireworks_god (11/27/03 01:12 PM)

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2140340 - 11/27/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

In a sense yes, bacteria are cells, we are made of cells too. But I dont think we are "bacteria version 100", its more like we are a big arrangement of many kinds of cells.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Life is Growth [Re: pattern]
    #2140361 - 11/27/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pattern said:
In a sense yes, bacteria are cells, we are made of cells too.  But I dont think we are "bacteria version 100", its more like we are a big arrangement of many kinds of cells. 

Hehe, I know. But the same principle of growth exists. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

#2141020 - 11/27/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Heh, that was lovely, FireworksGod.

How do I rate people, you certainly get  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2141024 - 11/27/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I am hoping to save up enough money to get that golf ball-sized growth on my neck removed.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #2141122 - 11/27/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Unfortunately, one of the side effects of growth is pain...something i'm becoming more aware of every day.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Re: Life is Growth [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2141126 - 11/27/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, decay and renewal. It's all good though.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2141144 - 11/27/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Unfortunately, one of the side effects of growth is pain...something i'm becoming more aware of every day."

I feel you on that, jsut kinda take a step back everyday and realize where the source of the pain comes from. the only answer IMHO is from yourself. it's all judgement values after all. you can't have those wonderful "spritual" experiences/revelations, without a little bit of pain and suffering. how else would we know what pleasure is without pain?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Re: Life is Growth [Re: kaiowas]
    #2141298 - 11/27/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Here's an allegory:

The Vinegar Tasters

Buddha, Confucius and Lao Tzu are sitting around this big tub of vinegar. They represent the 3 teachings of the east, the vinegar tub representing life. Buddha dips his finger into the tub, raises his hand and tastes the vinegar proclaims it to be bitter. Confucius has a taste and pronounces the vinegar to be sour. Lao Tzu steps up, has a taste and decides it's sweet.

Hee hee, I got to use the word vinegar a whole lot, writing that. I don't normally do that.

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#2141418 - 11/27/03 11:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

well, it doesnt make it that much easier, but yes, its nice to know that there is something to be gained. The problem now lies in weither I'm strong enough to face myself to ask the questions this time, or if i'm going to hide away again. Love is a painful thing, especially when the person you love was hiding herself from you in the first place.
Stay Frosty.
R.C.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

#2141470 - 11/28/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ouch, yeah, love's a bitch.

Or, to use a famous quote...ahem *Lovestinks, yea yeah!*

*denotes singing

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2141477 - 11/28/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

Oh, and growth takes time. You can't dump a load of fertilizer on a marijuna seed and expect a quarter pound tomorrow. Time, patience, and determination are required. You have to take an active and conscious perspective to get the best, skunky buds with the quality yield. And like your muscles, they need rest in order to grow properly almost just as much (hell, maybe more, *shrugs*) as they need the exercise. *ponders while sitting in a buzz*
:grin:
Peace.

:bong:  Thats Funny.. :rasta:

Dude, Hows the Ganga over there???

Sounds like it's da bomb. Later. :grin: 

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2141590 - 11/28/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

as the mexican guy says on Water Boy

"u con do eett!!"

so you have love problems, I feel ya on that and it can be very stressful. taking a step back kind of requires you to consider every event that has happened as just such, an event. seriously, confront your fears. it's hella tough, but once you start it gets easier and easier. especially when the first thing you are encountering has to deal with love.

when you consider each thing that has happened as "just an event" you may start to realize that a lot of the suffering is because of you. what I mean by that is that you are placing a huge judgement value on what's happening. this is right, this is wrong, she didn't live up to my expectations, I guess I wasn't good enpough, the list goes on and on, the mind will race.

I'm not saying don't care. but what I am saying is that while yes you may or may not have a choice in the feelings you have, you do have a choice on how long you will suffer. only you can tell youself how much emphasis you will put on any emotion. this is what I meant by taking a step back

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2141640 - 11/28/03 04:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Kaiowas has it right. This is life, you know? We are meant to enjoy it. I know that I don't enjoy dwelling in negative feelings and vibes, and since I am the one who controls whether or not I feel them, I tend not to. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#2141925 - 11/28/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ya know, i was thinking that exact same song... JInx!

--------------------

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

#2141939 - 11/28/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

*can't say anything"

:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds