Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLoveForGrowth
outdoor problem: ants!
    #2141829 - 11/28/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i have ants everywhere in 2 patches outside! how do i get rid of these little pests?
all replies are appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: outdoor problem: ants! [Re: LoveForGrowth]
    #2141865 - 11/28/03 09:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I doubt that they will hurt anything, but if you are worried, you can use a product called diatomaceous earth. It' a natural product that kills ants and doesn't taint edibles. You can find it at most garden centers.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: outdoor problem: ants! [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2143995 - 11/29/03 09:26 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I freaked out about the ants at first too, but then I found that they are really not a problem. The fruits will come even with the ants.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinejaredfromsubway
Re: outdoor problem: ants! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2144070 - 11/29/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well lucky yall, cause they sure were a problem for my friend. Some sugar ants got into our incubator. Luckily we caught them before they got into more than one jar. But 2 days later, BLACK SPOT contam in that one jar.

We used ant stations you can buy at home depot. Little circular plastic things. Ants eat the poison in them and carry them back to the nest. Worked real well. Also just sprayed with a can of raid.

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: outdoor problem: ants! [Re: LoveForGrowth]
    #2144110 - 11/29/03 10:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If I remember correctly, there are certain things that ants will not cross over, like i'm pretty sure i've read that ants won't cross a line of chalk, although it might be tough to get a chalk circle around your patch. I think, although i'm not sure that they won't cross over certain metals either, copper comes to mind, but I need to reverify this. Anyway, do a search and find out the things that ants won't cross over, cause there are a few. Good luck,

mycomancer

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: outdoor problem: ants! [Re: Mycomancer]
    #2144345 - 11/29/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The diatomaeceous earth is suppose to work, but when I used it I saw the ants making love in it. I tried all kinds of stuff and then when my beds just started fruiting I realised that the ants weren't causing a problem to begin with. I just thought that they were. I'm sure that they consume some of the grain from my spawn but it obviously didn't do much damage, in my case.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates, CBD Oils   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix