Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: zzripz]
    #21417245 - 03/16/15 06:17 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Enough with the ideological posturing.  That doesn't belong here.  That belongs elsewhere.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: zzripz]
    #21417408 - 03/16/15 06:50 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
you mean the ones making a packet by pushing big pharma drugs? Them?

yeah... "THOSE".

:rolleyes: they make drugs for people to use, so they can get on with a life hardly enjoyable to begin with, at all. less drugs isn't going to change the world from an ugly place, to a beautiful one.

neither is hugging trees or believing in God, or thinking you have any moral high ground past the inconsequential.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #21417432 - 03/16/15 06:55 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

The OP is asking for opinions -- specifically those informed by personal experiences -- about SSRI/SNRI medications.  He's not asking for argumentative rhetoric.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: Ped]
    #21417442 - 03/16/15 06:57 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

i don't really think zzripz cares.

zzripz is just being foolish. can't you just take him out of this thread? can't you ban him, or something? can you tell him to shut up?

PS: i am also interested about hearing about OP's issues and hearing responses about SSRI medication, because i might be investing in a prescription soon myself.

Edited by akira_akuma (03/16/15 07:23 PM)

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21417485 - 03/16/15 07:12 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

>> can't you just take him out of this thread? can't you ban him, or something? can you tell him to shut up?

That idea was considered and ultimately rejected.  No one has crossed that line in this thread, nor am I trying to fault you for its derailment.  On the contrary, I'm only interested in keeping the thread on the rails.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

#21417550 - 03/16/15 07:27 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

alright, fair enough. very nicely said. i think the message is clear now, at least, anyway.

also, some very interesting reading on the first page.

i hope OP, like me, can get something done about our Anhedonia. it is a fickle bitch.

i am thinking i might just get some amphetamine medication to help me just work off the Anhedonia, but then i don't think it's really taking care of the issue, just more like sweeping the problem away somewhere. so i am on the rails. lol, see waht i did there? how did that happen? I AM on the rails. LOL i crack myself up with my stupidier jokes sometimes. Anhedonia temporarily averted for about 8.2 seconds... and now it's gone.

you can still have a sense of humor, at least.

but yeah, apparently money and shuffling around at a low paying job will eventually possibly make me feel better. so i dunno, either amps or anti-depressants. what do you think, upon first glance, Ped?

PS: also, there are way too many drugs in the area of depression to remember. i haven't done my studying. all i know of is the SSRI's, like Effexor and the like... i don't know much at all. is there any meds not discussed on the first page that are relevant here? or any links to information on anti-depressant medication that are good?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #21419243 - 03/17/15 05:16 AM (9 years, 14 days ago)

if the OP has any sense s/he would have bailed out already

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #21660148 - 05/10/15 06:02 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
>> I suggested on Bluelight that harmine's similarity to serotonin suggested it was remarkably compatible with the brain, but they told me it wasn't that similar to serotonin

They really aren't very similar.  The similarities essentially begin and end with indole.

Are any of the other ones listed at the end of post #21414059 indoles?

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: s240779]
    #21661954 - 05/10/15 04:45 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

All the compounds with "indole" in the name contain the indole ring structure: metralindole, pirlindole, and tetrindole.  The rest are benzofurans, phenethylamines, pyridines, and a few others.

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #21663994 - 05/11/15 03:42 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I seemed to have success with Prozac and others but not really any kind of high or drive-feeling that I would like to see if I was depressed. Sometimes you'll just find a medication that works out of the blue and really fixes you up, it may not even be that reputable. We don't know much about what we've made and we don't know much about the brain. Go for a trial and error approach and just chug through the medications. It may be all you have.

I recommend Abilify for motivational problems. It's a partial dopamine agonist. Tripping is kinda out of the question though, unless you're willing to eat upwards of 25 mushrooms at once, at which dose the competition for receptor sites is won out by the psilocin probably in a messy way.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlineladypsychonaut
Stranger

Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: tito123]
    #21683301 - 05/15/15 02:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I would not recommend taking any type of pharmaceutical for your situation.

Ive spent my whole life on and off of all sorts of different SSRI/depression medications and honestly, they only numb you. Ive also watched my dad take them for 30+ years and he is nowhere near the same person anymore. He can barely function and(like many others) has been fighting extreme suicidal thoughts and actions for years.

I deeply believe that it also puts you into victim mentality. You are a HUMAN BEING! Your mind has incredible healing capabilities if you listen to the cues and act accordingly. If you are experiencing trouble feeling emotions, that could possibly be your mind(or heart, whichever your prefer) telling you you need to lead a different life. Whats your everyday life like? Do you chase adventure/excitement? Are you doing something youre passionate about? If youre body is having trouble accepting the way your life is, you shouldnt cover it up with medicines that help people accept their shitty lives. Not only should you not dwell on negativity, but you should actively pursue EMPOWERMENT. There is a huge difference there that I hope you will consider.

I would HIGHLY recommend taking your mental wellbeing extremely seriously and be 100% committed to trying everything in your power to help yourself before turning to a pill that will have negative repercussions.

If you have tried meditating on mushies a handful of times with no success. I would start with an ayahuasca or iboga retreat. Iboga(which has a 70% success rate of helping heroin addicts) is a difficult process however, if you are capable of keeping yourself calm and are well practiced in meditation, it can be extremely effective and gives you a much longer time to process everything than aya. Ayahuasca is softer and has a shorter durations but also very effective. Blue morpho is an aya retreat that has been recommended to me by many people as well as Aubrey Marcus.

http://www.bluemorphotours.com/

For your consideration:

https://aubreymarcus.com/podcast/warrior-poet-podcast/

Positive psychology/empowerment: https://www.youtube.com/user/ActualizedOrg

They talk about iboga in this:

Aya documentaries:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/477432

Hope this helps!

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: ladypsychonaut]
    #21717824 - 05/24/15 03:00 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

how the fuck did I miss this thread?

anyway, if anyone is still interested, they just released an article showing the efficacy of antidepressants to be the SAME as placebo. 32% effective.

I thought this was interesting because I just spent one week on Prozac and I legit went psychotic. I spent 6 weeks on remeron in hopes that it would "kick in" and I dealt with some severe uncomfortable feelings, but 7 days of Prozac was much to much. I went into a delirious state of anxiety. they say its typical to feel anxious in the beginning, and mind you, I had lots n lots of Ativan that I was gobbling up like candy, but all to no avail. nothing could quell the anxiety, it was crazy.

ssri's typically cause jitteriness in people, no matter how sedating or activating they say the antidepressant is. ive tried just about all of them and ive never found relief from a single one.

not to discourage anyone here, everybodys different.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: tito123]
    #21717963 - 05/24/15 03:42 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I had severe clinical depression all my life, and they've really helped me. They do take the lead out of my pencil, but I'll gladly take that over the constant feeling of wanting to just curl up somewhere and die. They've gotten a bad rap because they've been way over-prescribed for the most mundane things, and they should never be given to young children and teens. They do help those with what I had, though.

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #21717993 - 05/24/15 03:50 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Le_Canard said:
I had severe clinical depression all my life, and they've really helped me. They do take the lead out of my pencil, but I'll gladly take that over the constant feeling of wanting to just curl up somewhere and die. They've gotten a bad rap because they've been way over-prescribed for the most mundane things, and they should never be given to young children and teens. They do help those with what I had, though.

is your depression in remission right now? if so, that's awesome man. really happy for you

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Re: Has anyone had any success with SSRIs? [Re: m4dScientist]
    #21718002 - 05/24/15 03:53 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, thank you. And I should mentioned that even with someone with the same same thing I had, it may not always work. As much as we know now about the human brain, there's still just as much as we don't know.

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

#21718014 - 05/24/15 03:58 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

damn, that must be great. let me ask you a question.

for the ssri's that have worked for you, what were the initial first few weeks like?

were they tolerable? did you feel okay?

Im just trying to gauge where I was at recently. everyone says "its just the start up anxiety, itll ease up in a couple weeks." but for me, I wouldn't even call that shit anxiety, it was more like being straight up psychotic.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#21718024 - 05/24/15 04:05 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Well, in general, they take a while in most everybody. Mostly a few weeks. But they gave me some Elavil, a rather ancient drug used for depression as well for immediate relief. They do work great, and almost immediately (as I said) but they're a very dirty drug with tons of bad side effect, like liver damage and such.

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

#21718028 - 05/24/15 04:08 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

whoa, Elavil? is that amitriptyline??

my psych gave me a script for amitriptyline 2 weeks ago, and I took it for one night and got some weird side effect where my heart was fluttering in the middle of the night so I stopped.

the liver damage aint cool, I hadn't read that. but I liked the sound of it cause it helps with sleep (since im an insomniac) and because I heard it had no sexual side effects. not true??

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

#21718045 - 05/24/15 04:14 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, that's the one. I never had any sexual problems with it myself but YMMV. But nowadays it's only used (or should be used) as a temporary support drug to alleviate the depression until the SSRI's can have a chance to kick in.

Offlinem4dScientist
Music Always Helps
 User Gallery

#21718064 - 05/24/15 04:21 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

really???? so what, you take the amitriptyline for a couple of weeks until the antidepressant kicks in? n then you just stop the amitriptyline? no rebound insomnia or anything?

thanks for the info by the way. trying to figure some things out.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies