Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Help for the novice
    #21402 - 06/22/00 01:00 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Are your cakes still in the jars? If they are they should be in total darkness. Light is what starts the mushroom growth and is not wanted untill the cake is completly colonized and out of the jar.

Spunkmonkey

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Help for the novice
    #21404 - 06/22/00 02:00 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

a half pint jar of mine that im starting poppys in (i know they dont like to be transplanted) but they already died. any how thier is this green mold looks like trre litchen. yes jars are to be kept in total darkness. mycellium is alot like cotton, any other color like green, yellow or shitty cream is contam. quickest way is to open real quick and smell. does it smell like beer? if so bad. just always make enough jars so if contam hits some its no worries. ok you say "blobs" blobs like jelly or blobs like circles. dude always name the strain b/c some require cold shocking, some pin in the jar. dont even think aboput pins until 100% colonization is acheived. hmmm what else uhhhh only whit cotton nothing else. forget about yellow maybe natural urine. only white cotton look
http://www.shroomery.org/gallery.php?section=view&display=images/gallery/grow/picture6.jpg

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation