Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTenderofthePatches
Seeker of Madness
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22754243 - 01/08/16 08:16 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man thanks a lot for the help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: TenderofthePatches]
    #22754419 - 01/08/16 08:56 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

All this complexity is why this tek is simpler, easier, and more assured than PFtek with its 4 inoculations per cake, verm barriers, handling cakes directly for births, dunks, and rolls, then a tediously-made fruiting chamber that requires a drill, and that the chamber and cakes have to be maintained so that the fragile cakes don't dry out by ensuring the perlite doesn't start to run dry... Dunk after each flush...
So many extra things.
Instead of steaming, inoculating once each, let it grow out (if using grains it CAN be shaken, tho I advise against it unless all the growth is on one side), and crack the lid very loose.  Water while fruits are growing.  So simple.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Edited by Violet (01/10/16 01:00 PM)

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

Loc: France
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Violet]
    #22755611 - 01/09/16 06:45 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Certainly an order of magnitude simpler :wink:

About adding water when fruit are growing (if it can helps someone):
i realized last week that the way i was watering my invitro grass seed cake was
kinda wrong, i was watering when the pins were still tiny,
the water  was going down slowly,
then suddenly no more water (corresponding with bigger shroom size), 
adding more water at that point lead to nothing.

Last week i added the water later,
checked carefully each container until that point when water is sucked fast by the shrooms,
and added more,
re-iterate.

the surprise is i had to fill some of the container 3 times with water in a single day,
my yield increased nicely as a result ^^

So, in brief, just saying that one need to be careful when the shroom start to suck water like mad,
watering too soon or too late won't do much good.

--------------------

Edited by Chk (01/09/16 06:46 AM)

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Chk]
    #22755920 - 01/09/16 08:28 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I find the water timing to be approximately when the pins start getting mostly taller and not fatter.  I believe this corresponds to a major shift away from cell division towards cell hydration.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

OfflineM.T
Stranger
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #22757472 - 01/09/16 02:38 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Love this TEK  :sporedrop:

Thumbs up :smile:

I will try it out with Rye. Hope that will work too

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: M.T]
    #22757477 - 01/09/16 02:39 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Should be fine, just use a casing layer.  That can be as simple as hydrated coir or vermiculite.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

OfflineM.T
Stranger
    #22760149 - 01/10/16 02:16 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The reason why grass seeds work without casing is because they are more fluffy and can hold more water. Is that right ?

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: M.T]
    #22760237 - 01/10/16 03:38 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

They actually end up holding a little less water than most other grains, but unlike other methods we're not counting on the substrate having all the water required for each flush before the flush starts.  We provide it to them when the pins start expanding.

A given volume of both dry or hydrated seed has less weight of grain mass in that space than other grains would. Also since they're tiny the mycelium gets to colonize and consume every small surface, with no thick masses of internal grain inside like with others.  That results in a lower "nutrition-per-mycelium" so that it isn't digesting deep into the grains nearly as long.  Meaning that almost no consolidation is necessary for the mycelium to be ready to fruit.

All those factors combined means the mycelium quickly gets to a state of being ready to fruit, and is able to do so from the seed cake's surface without a nutritionally dilute casing layer.

In turn this means that less total yield is possible from a 1 cup seed cake, due to likely fewer flushes, but that gets your containers ready for new runs sooner, meaning more yield over time if you want to keep them turning.
A pound of grass seed will take 8 containers where rice takes 6, so having your substrate spread out may get a larger yield too.

Grass seed is awesome.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Chk]
    #22760265 - 01/10/16 04:10 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Btw, pics of one properly watered container (B+ on grass seed) ^^

Edited by Chk (01/10/16 04:19 AM)

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

#22761562 - 01/10/16 01:01 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Chk said:
Btw, pics of one properly watered container (B+ on grass seed) ^^

Oh those are gorgeous, chk!
Would you mind if I put those photos in the tek OP and credit you?

--------------------

Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Violet]
    #22761784 - 01/10/16 01:48 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

While the initial water capacity of grass seed may be lower, once it hits full colonization, I expect it's potential water capacity is the highest.  IMO it grows the most mycellium per volume of any grain, so if you were to dunk or bottomwater grass seed, I expect it would have the highest water capacity, held mostly in the mycellium.  The water in the starchy cores of heavier grains is probably not 100% accessible like the water held in the mycellial network.

The mycellial mass makes bottomwatering more forgiving on grass seed, rice, and maybe rye?  I'd expect it to be very unforgiving on popcorn, millet/wbs, or oats, since those grains seem to grow among the least mycellium around the outside of the grains, so if you aren't on-point with your watering, they'll run out of water fast, especially later on.

--------------------

Triggered yet?

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

#22764706 - 01/11/16 02:07 AM (8 years, 3 months ago)

As you want ^^

--------------------

OfflineTenderofthePatches
Seeker of Madness
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #22816921 - 01/23/16 09:10 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Can't wait, got a bunch of pods goin...

Invisiblethe_r3dz
Trich Propagator
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: TenderofthePatches]
    #22874514 - 02/07/16 09:44 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I guess I am sort of doing this tek and I have some questions.

I'm trying to do this with Panaeolus species. Does anyone have any experience?

I'm just using pasteurized manure/coir/verm/gypsum substrate but I'm using a 2" thick substrate because that's what pans love.

Do you think I can get away with only turning the lid a touch? Or should I put a 2L on top with some poly?

I've got both happening right now, so if nobody else has any experience I suppose I should document it.

OfflineChk
Reverser
Male User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: the_r3dz]
    #22875224 - 02/07/16 01:03 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Update on the Big pp5 container i tried:
not enough light going in those, but still got decent results
Impatient to try the even bigger ones that are fully transparent.

Fat mutant:

New record for me !

--------------------

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
    #22875561 - 02/07/16 02:22 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Chk said:
Update on the Big pp5 container i tried:
not enough light going in those, but still got decent results
Impatient to try the even bigger ones that are fully transparent.

Fat mutant:

New record for me !

The gills on that thing look epic.

Offlineg0at
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: TheEaglesGift]
    #22875608 - 02/07/16 02:35 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Violet, have you ever had success or tried with ATL7 invitro?

InvisibleGrey
⇜ ✯ ⇝
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: g0at]
    #22878772 - 02/08/16 12:07 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have tried with Atl. #7. It just colonized and formed stones, never fruited. I used the brf mix.

Maybe someone else has tried with better results.

--------------------

:takingnotes:  AMU Q&A  :takingnotes:

If you don't have a plan of your own, you'll become a part of somebody else's.

Offlinelookinward
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: Grey]
    #22896588 - 02/12/16 04:50 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I'll be trying this out with some extra supplies I have laying around.

- BRF cake
- Treasure Coast LI
- Casing with coir/verm

I'll post my results.

Thanks for the tek violet!

Offlineattfalt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Invitro Grass Seed TEK – A powerful single-step grow method for beginners and beyond [Re: lookinward]
    #22985906 - 03/08/16 02:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I can't get these kinds of containers where I live (the ziplocs), how would the method differ if I were to use 1 liter glass jars instead? Would loosening the lid work for air exchange as well or would I have to use holes + polyfill? Does it make a difference if they're not wide-mouth?

As a first timer I'm pretty excited about finding this tek and I don't want to make any assumptions

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder