Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCallampin
Psyco Myco
 User Gallery

Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis
    #2135521 - 11/25/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just a quick question regarding these two strains , if anyone could tell me what are the differences like potency growth etc , or are they basicaly the same??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: Callampin]
    #2135602 - 11/25/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Mushroomhead (Dave Arora -- yes, look at his head -- it's a mushroom) notes no differences in the two in potency or habitat, so I'd imagine they're pretty similar -- both species are gathered in Hawaii.

I haven't grown either, though, so hopefully someone who has will post. (Bluemeanie??)

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: micro]
    #2135860 - 11/25/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ive grown both, well, supposidly.

Teonan (a well respected cultivator here in the OMC), has stated that the vadility of getting an actual Panaeolus tropicalis print over the OMC or from a vendor is slim. Him, along with others say that there is not a way to get a tropicalis print.

However, I feel that I actually did get a tropicalis and did notice some macroscopic differences. The tropicals were more of a tan/grey color which were smaller and stubbier. The cyanescens were more white/grey and were taller and skinner.

Both were innoculated to WBS, then to dung and cased with a 1/4 inch casing layer. Environmental conditions were the same as cubensis...with more of an eye on air exchanges.

The tropicals specimens were extremely potent. AFOAF reached a low level 5 trip from 3.8 grams dried...(Basically feeling the sense of deja-vu for an hour and believing that he had died, looking upon his head for a split second every few minutes for about 15 minutes).

OfflineCallampin
Psyco Myco
 User Gallery

Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: angryshroom]
    #2135887 - 11/25/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

WoW now i seriously whant to try these!

mm but then if theres not much diference in potency ill grow any of the 2

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2136570 - 11/25/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, try 'em out. They will knock your socks off.

Anonymous

Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: angryshroom] * 1
    #2138493 - 11/26/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Search under the post Copelandia cyanescens variation and it is giving you visual proof along with Measurements that there is no tropicalis in the omc.

Each and every Strain of copelandia in circulation is a cyanescens. they show extrememe variation both macroscopically and microscopically.

NOT A SINGLE STRAIN IN CIRCULATION THAT I HAVE VIEWED has 2- spored basidia. They all have 4-spored basidia.

Each Strain has spore sizes that are to large to be tropicalis. Cystidia are also to large in size.

Even the cambodginiensis is to large(microscopic measurements).

The cystidia of the cambodginiensis does show darkened apex of the pleurocystidia, but so do several other strains in circulation.

Potency varies from strain to strain.

Macroscopic variation is EXTENSIVE from STRAIN to STRAIN, so is microscopic variation, but all fit perfectly into a slightly expanded complex( slight increase in spore size range).

NONe could be eliminated from cyanescens.

Mating compatability studies will ultimately decide what is what. All good things in all good time.

Just so you know there are TWO slightly different domestic tropicalis in circulation(actually cyanescens), and I also have a third wild type from the place of origin that doesn't even remotely look like either of the two domesticated versions from the same source. The wild tropicalis variant is the most unique of all the Strains I viewed macroscopically, it grows in the same field as the Florida strain, but the two are very different.

This wild variant is not in circulation, the donor made me promise not to release it without permission. I have posted pictures of it on the site. Mr.G wild tropicalis.

All the copelandias in circulation grow in the same conditions, and share Extremely potent qualities.

Anonymous

Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: ]
    #2138516 - 11/26/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have viewed 15 different Strains in circulation at the OMC. Each and everyone is different.

OfflineCallampin
Psyco Myco
 User Gallery

#2138687 - 11/26/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

mmm , but then all these spore vendors are a scam if they sell tropicalis , mm one other thing , so the copelandia compared to the cubensis , copelandia is much superior in potency?? or it isnt even noticable? or depends on the copelandia strain , cause i heard that any copelandia is much more potent that any ps. cubensis

Anonymous

Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: Callampin] * 1
    #2145268 - 11/29/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I wouldn't call it a scam by vendors. They were told it was a tropicalis, it looked different then the other two Copelandias that were in circulation, so Hey.

Eventually they will change the name if someone calls them on it. I just wanted to know for myself, and shared what I learned. Take it or leave it.

All of the Copelandias are at least 2.5 times more potent then cubensis.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: ] * 1
    #2145741 - 11/30/03 01:50 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Teonan comes up with the goods, as always  :thumbup: 

--------------------
buh

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: shirley knott]
    #2145814 - 11/30/03 02:38 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

As Teonan says, the vendors and those that picked this binomial of Panaeolus cyanescens thought that it could obviously be identified as Tropicalis by its macroscopic appearance alone. And this strain of panaeolus cyanescens is quite different to others available in the OMC as my pics below testify:

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2145830 - 11/30/03 02:45 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Mushroom labelled 'Pan Trop' - identified by Teonan as having 4 spored basidia:

And AUssie pans:

--------------------

OfflineCallampin
Psyco Myco
 User Gallery

Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2146260 - 11/30/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

so trops are shorter?

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2147174 - 11/30/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Doesn't matter, 'cause you ain't gonna get one :smile:

OfflineCallampin
Psyco Myco
 User Gallery

Re: Panaeolus Cyanecensce Vs Tropicalis [Re: angryshroom]
    #2147308 - 11/30/03 04:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2148007 - 11/30/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

heh, just be glad you will be able to experience the joy of growing Panaeouls cyanescens.

Anonymous

#2152372 - 12/02/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

forget how big or small the mushroom is. how big or small the cap is. what color the cap is. All of these are not relevant. Macroscopically every strain of copelandia cyanescens is as diverse as strains of cubensis. Microscopically, they are alot more diverse then cubensis strains.

Any of the Strains of Copelandia in circulation are a REAL TREAT. Easy to grow, a little more difficult to get spores, but well worth the reduction in yield compared to cubensis.

YOU CANNOT DIFFERENTIATE COPELANDIAS MACROSCOPICALLY to species, no matter what you have read, or heard.

If someone sent you three different strains, you would think you got three different species. Coloration, stem length width, cap diameter, etc... are different for all Strains.

It only gets worse when you view them microscopically, not better. Cystidia size, shape, coloration changes from strain to strain.

As it has been stated before, Many Psilocybes are seperated into different species on less variability.

OfflineCallampin
Psyco Myco
 User Gallery

#2152478 - 12/02/03 04:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

mmm now im really eager to get my friggin Sp0reZZ!

OfflineCaptainFuture
Finally being here now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #2231722 - 01/09/04 04:44 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

IF you still want to grow the Tropicalis, send me a PM, I'll send you a Ziplog with Mycelia in H2O2...

Not kidding,
greez
Cap.

OfflineSandybrad
Stranger
    #26147663 - 08/22/19 09:32 AM (4 years, 7 months ago)

Don't fall victim to the false statements. There are vendors out there with tropicalis. Mush love on your quest

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds