Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Anger
    #2137888 - 11/26/03 12:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

For those who get angry, why bother to comb your hair.. let it grow large in the wind. As the wind blows so does the heat right off of your head. Blow wind, blow.

What's with this new shit in Arkansas where they are changing the word of 'God' once again? God and Nature? What old trick are they trying to pull?

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Anger [Re: Droz]
    #2138143 - 11/26/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Rage has been incredibly useful in my life, it's a matter of channeling it into productive channels.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Anger [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2138213 - 11/26/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with you Alan. I believe that every emotion is very valuable if we let it inform us, even possess us, so long as it doesn't consume us. Thats an indirect quote from an author I like, I think it's the best way to say it.

Invisiblelittlestan
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Anger [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2139290 - 11/27/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
I believe that every emotion is very valuable if we let it inform us, even possess us, so long as it doesn't consume us.

I like this! Now think of this; when you become emotional (rage/sadness) what specific things happen to your body? Chemicals are produced to quicken your heart rate, thus giving you enhanced reflexes and intuition because your brain believes something in your environment is threatening you.

This is not to say threatened with a PHYSICAL attack (though it very well could be), just that you are affected by something and certain emotions have been triggered to produce different bodily effects.

What I'm trying to say here is that with the bodily changes (blood pressure, muscle and nerve exhaustion, etc.) comes adverse effects. You shake after being angry, you want to sleep while being sad, just to name a few. This is because the physical limits of the body itself have been pushed.

Is it worth it to be that much more "informed", that much more "learned" by our emotion in trade for the toll that it takes on our well being? Maybe I'm being pretentious, but I honestly believe that trying to stay calm in any situation would inform you much better than letting your emotions take over.

Thanx for listening, much love

-=Littlestan=-

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Anger [Re: littlestan]
    #2139731 - 11/27/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

if you control semantics you control reality, thats all I have to say.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Anger [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2139759 - 11/27/03 06:33 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Anger has very little usage except as a controlled bluff. Even in physical defense is it not very useful except in the extremely rare situation requiring a huge, but short burst of energy. In a prolonged conflict, a raging fighter will make egregious defensive errors and will burn up his energy very quickly.

Most anger is wasteful and reactive: someone cuts you off in traffic and you feel your face getting red. You shout expletives that he cannot hear and flip off the "offender". What good does this do? The danger is past, yet you carry this forward with some need of punishment or revenge. Even if you get the response that you are looking for and the offending party pulls over, now what? Either you get hurt (or killed!) or you can be arrested for assault and for what? BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO EMOTIONAL CONTROL.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2139793 - 11/27/03 07:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What's with this new shit in Arkansas

Something new in Arkansas??
Let me ponder that for a moment. Hmmm...

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Anger [Re: Swami]
    #2140201 - 11/27/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Most anger is wasteful and reactive: someone cuts you off in traffic and you feel your face getting red. You shout expletives that he cannot hear and flip off the "offender". What good does this do? The danger is past, yet you carry this forward with some need of punishment or revenge. Even if you get the response that you are looking for and the offending party pulls over, now what? Either you get hurt (or killed!) or you can be arrested for assault and for what? BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO EMOTIONAL CONTROL. 

I think I like it when Swami posts like this. :thumbup:

:grin: Don't mind me, I've had too much of this: : :stash:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Anger [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2140315 - 11/27/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I remember a while back the saying, 'If you have to ask you'll never know.' Swami: If one loses control of their emotions how long will it take the mentally cure them back to a decent control? Or is that impossible?

I have damaged my emotions. Ecstasy being a main thing that played a role in it. Speaking from experience, I think ecstasy is a very damaging drug that damages mainly your emotions. Serotonin is one thing in the brain that shouldn't be released all at once.

Peace
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Edited by Droz (11/27/03 12:59 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2140331 - 11/27/03 01:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
I have damaged my emotions. Ecstasy being a main thing that played a role in it. Speaking from experience, I think ecstasy is a very damaging drug that damages mainly your emotions. Serotonin is one thing in the brain that shouldn't be released all at once.

Perhaps you've done it too much. *shrugs* All I know is that I have done it twice in my life, with a period of at least eight months between them. Shrooms have toxins that, at least with some of them, could kill you if too much is consumed. E won't damage your emotions if you don't let it.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag