Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
Cities: Skylines
    #21377129 - 03/08/15 07:10 AM (9 years, 22 days ago)

A new city-builder simulator being released on the 10th of March! The game looks amazing from all the Twitch streams I've been watching. A definite pre-order from me! Game is only £23 on Steam and is currently the best seller.

Anyone else planning to get this?

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Edited by daz01 (03/08/15 07:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: daz01]
    #21396596 - 03/12/15 08:37 AM (9 years, 18 days ago)

No one here get it? Every review rates it VERY high. I highly recommend it, it's great fun! A well made game for once!

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #21400789 - 03/13/15 03:48 AM (9 years, 17 days ago)

I thought it wasnt out yet?

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: mndfreeze]
    #21401388 - 03/13/15 08:59 AM (9 years, 17 days ago)

Was out 10th March.

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21409498 - 03/15/15 12:20 AM (9 years, 16 days ago)

Yeah I checked as soon as I finished posting this.  I might have to pick it up soon.  Maybe next few days since I just got paid. 

Although I DO like the new Simcity, and since I didn't buy it right away all the bugs had been worked out and lots of shiz added for free because of the bugs, so I'm not full of SimHate against it.  Hopefully Skylines will still seem just as awesome without the hate heavy bias towards SimSharty

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
    #21438087 - 03/21/15 12:24 AM (9 years, 10 days ago)

I keep getting that fucking black screen, at first it would happen right at startup... applied the new patch, and am now able to get to the main menu and choose my map, but then I get that same black screen when I try to start it :P

pain in the ass... tried all the troubleshooting I could find on the net so far but to no avail...

hoping this can be fixed eventually as I REALLY want to play this, been a simcity fan since the very first one and was appalled by what EA did to the franchise... this looks like it could definitely be the game I was expecting...

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: LuSiD9]
    #21443663 - 03/22/15 04:21 PM (9 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah I dunno, I havent picked it up yet, probably will when it goes on sale at some point in the future, I got so much shit to play anyway.

If you really love the city simulation games you should check out the new simcity NOW.  I grabbed it about 6 months after it came out and they fixed tons of the big issues that caused them all the flack in the beginning, and I think the game is well done now.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21444472 - 03/22/15 07:51 PM (9 years, 8 days ago)

are the maps still really small though?

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21446878 - 03/23/15 11:40 AM (9 years, 7 days ago)

They were last time I played it (many months ago at this point) but I did read an article that they plan on increasing the size as well as making a ton of other related restrictions go away.  The article was a few months ago so its very possible that fix has gone in already, or is close.

I'm just saying if you enjoy those types of games you might want to try to look at it without biased eyes because all the flack it got from their horrifically bombed release causes people to automatically continue to shit talk it even though all that stuff isnt really an issue anymore. 

I really ejnoy it even with the limitations.  I personally think after all the bad press and gamer backlash they got from their shitfuckfestr release, that they are trying way way way harder then normal, especially or EA, to make improvements and better the game if anything just to counter all the bad press they got.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21447769 - 03/23/15 03:42 PM (9 years, 7 days ago)

I might actually check it out while I wait for these other guys to work out their bugs..

I still think cities: skylines will be the better game though.

--------------------

OfflinePenelopeMushroom
☼☼☼
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WI
    #21450742 - 03/24/15 11:17 AM (9 years, 6 days ago)

This game is 900x better than Sim City already.

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: PenelopeMushroom]
    #21451665 - 03/24/15 02:59 PM (9 years, 6 days ago)

that's what I like to hear!

I've only downloaded the torrent just to see if it'll actually run on my computer, still not seeing any patches or workarounds for this black screen issue yet though.. the minute I can get it working and see my computer can (hopefully) handle a decent size city, I'll be buying it for sure :thumbup:

they've already got a shit ton of mods too eh?

--------------------

OfflinePenelopeMushroom
☼☼☼
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WI
    #21451681 - 03/24/15 03:02 PM (9 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
they've already got a shit ton of mods too eh?

Yeah, mostly just appearance mods and map edits but there are more and more mods coming out.

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: PenelopeMushroom]
    #21452408 - 03/24/15 05:48 PM (9 years, 6 days ago)

haha.. WOW

I just followed the developers advice to uninstall then reinstall all my 'visuall c++' files to get rid of the black screen shit... now the game wont even load, at all... neither will some of my other games... fucking brilliant solution :tongue:

--------------------

Offlinemukes
Stranger
    #21469036 - 03/28/15 03:51 AM (9 years, 2 days ago)

I love Cities: Skylines! If you don't got it, get it.

Invisibletrekie
Metal man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Larger cities Flag
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: mukes]
    #21491341 - 04/02/15 08:22 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Cities skylines is what the new SIM city should have been.

I downloaded the demo of sim city and was underwhelmed by it.

City skyline on the other hand is pretty good. Literally has hundreds of mods out already. Lots more fun and challenging then sim city was.

So many traffic jams

--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: trekie]
    #21681254 - 05/14/15 11:23 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

So I picked up skylines a week or two ago and I must say I am loving in.  I wish there were more guides and info on the net about it because every time I search for things like how the traffic works or whats the ideal size for a city block, etc  I can't ever seem to find jack shit for hard data on anything, just some people posting speculation or stuff that is only semi related.

Ive started downloading assetts and mods as well. I love the fact that there is already so many awsome assetts out there, even though it seems like NO ONE knows how to make the icon for it to show up in the game menuy correctly.  My road section that has all the roundabouts and highway intersections is just this big massively long list of generic icons, so I have to mouseover each and every one to find the one I need and it gets fucking time consuming.

I posted about it on quite a few comment sections for the assett or mod developer and all of them so far replies that they literallu dont know HOW to make their assett have an in game icon, which is wierd since a lot of them for buildings seem to have it, but every road related thing I've downloaded does not.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21683673 - 05/15/15 03:50 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

fuck I want to play it so bad!... still can't get passed the black screen though :tongue:

and I wont buy it until I'm 100% certain it'll actually run at least somewhat decent on my computer.

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21685533 - 05/16/15 12:50 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I'm confused bout you saying you dont want to buy it until you get past the black screen, but I dint know they had a demo version of the game out?

Or did you pirate it?  It could very well be if you p[irated it, that the copy itself is the problem.  I just read an article a little while back on PC Gamer about some of the devious methods developers have used for anti-piracy.  Everything from spawning crazy unkillable mobs that chase you around, to making the game crash and specific points while looking like a unique real crash error, to ones where it makes fun of you for being cheap.  I wouldnt put it past these devs to have something silly  programmed in for pirates.

Other then that though ,whats your system specs and have you updated all the obvious stuff like video card drivers, ,etc?

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21685543 - 05/16/15 12:52 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

P.s gthe game is awesome.  I just dsetroyed my damn nice city on accidenty by fucking up putting a dam in.  it dried out the driver as it filled up, which I forgot had my water pumps in it, then sewer output backflowed upstream since the river bed went dry and got sucked back INTO my water input, poisioning my town with shit water.

Then when I realised I placed the dam wrong, I had to destroy it and rebuild, which caused a massive wall of water to hit my entire town except a few tny buildings.

I went from 70k pop to 3k pop in a few minutes.
:frown:

oh and I'm -250,000 in debt now, and losing another 25k per week.  Not sure how I'll dig myself out of this one.

Sucks to because I JUST built this nice ass city after learning a ton of new strats.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21739605 - 05/30/15 02:14 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I'm confused bout you saying you dont want to buy it until you get past the black screen, but I dint know they had a demo version of the game out?

Or did you pirate it?

I did indeed pirate it, BECAUSE of the fact there is no demo... to see if it will run on my computer before I spend money on it... I do this with basically every pc game.. I will always support them assuming I like the game, AND it works on my computer... if they don't have a demo, welp, I will find a torrent first... ALWAYS

this black screen shit has been an issue for steam users too.. it's been awhile since I've tried again but I don't care now... I highly doubt it'll run smoothly on my current system anyway after watching a few more recent vids...  and I'm really glad I didn't pay for it first to find that out.. :shrug:

PS:

game developers... DEMOS... seriously!

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21739805 - 05/30/15 04:41 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I would just be a bit wary of this method as a test bed because pirated games are notorious for not running right, either due to the people cracking the game to make it playable, or because devs love to hide shit ni their games that cause havok to pirates in various ways.  Hell Pcgamer had an article all about the shit devs did to games that were pirated of there's that was unique and funny.  Like spawnin a massive monster in the game that chasing you and is unkillable in this one FPS, or making games flash fucked up colors and sound to annoy the fuck out of you, even though the game 'technically' still runs. :laugh: 

I'm surprised is all also because skylines has pretty low requirements really.  Its built on unity and unitiy engine games are known for being really compatible cross platform and running on all sorts of hardware.

But hey, sorry man, you're missing out, its an awesomesauce game, and the mod support REALLY makes it shine.  Its like endless choices and addons with new buildingss and features and custom stuff.

Now we can make tunnels too, woooooo!

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

#21739814 - 05/30/15 04:46 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

demos? that's sooo 90s'. i doubt devs would waste time and money on that shit. read and look at reviews then decide if you'll like the game

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21742491 - 05/30/15 08:13 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

daz01 said:
demos? that's sooo 90s'. i doubt devs would waste time and money on that shit. read and look at reviews then decide if you'll like the game

I've dropped 70 dollars on games that got rave reviews and sounded cool, that I ended up playing like twice, or I'd get like 10 frames per second... fuck that :tongue:

I have no doubt that I'll like this game, but I just can't shake the feeling my machine wont be able to handle it :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23867844 - 11/26/16 03:16 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

annnd a year and 8 months later... I finally found a torrent that worked, and it runs not too bad on this laptop with lowered graphic settings.. after maybe 2 hours of playing it I bought it with all the expansions lol

my god it's good!.. even better than I expected.

bought it on sunday I think, I haven't been able to stop playing... good thing I'm not working right now :lol:

figured they woulda gave us a bit more in the expansions, but whatever...

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
    #23867878 - 11/26/16 04:28 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

At least there is still some more in terms of expansions inbound.
Natural Disasters comes out in a few days on November 29th.
Kind of looking forward to seeing how the emergency response mechanics and stuff play out; they managed to make Snow have a meaningful impact on gameplay, and that is nowhere near as invasive as having a meteor strike or multiple tornadoes hit your city.
:cookiemonster:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: Tantrika]
    #23892144 - 12/03/16 09:28 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Oooooh. might be time for me to reinstall it. 

Skylines is one of those games I crack out on for a few weeks, then uninstall it for months to play other stuff, then get a hankering again and go back into crack out mode.

I'm about due since Planet Coaster let me down.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23894362 - 12/04/16 04:15 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SweetLeafSamadhi said:
emergency response mechanics

if I have one gripe about this game... it's this.. at least with ambulances.

anybody else notice this?.. they literally clog up my roads, doesn't matter how many or where I place my hospitals, clinics etc... I zoom down, and all I hear is ambulance sirens blaring everywhere, rows of like 20 ambulances clogging intersections etc.. the traffic in my main city of 80,000 is suprisingly low, but... ambulances fucking EVERYWHERE :shrug:

I have that first person view mod, but I dare not use it unless I put the volume on mute.. or all I hear is BEEEBOOOBEEEEBOOOOOBEEEEBOOOO... so annoying...

health of my cims is very high all over the city, not sure why there has to be so many fucking ambulances all over the place :mad2:

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23936548 - 12/17/16 09:10 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

anybody playing the disaster expansion yet?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #23936999 - 12/18/16 12:13 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I havent got it yet...any good... add anything good other than disasters?

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: Shroomism]
    #23937826 - 12/18/16 11:56 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

that's pretty much what I'm wondering :lol:

haven't tried it yet either.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23944094 - 12/20/16 05:27 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Am waiting on the Steam Winter Sale (starts on the 22nd) to see if it is possible to pick it up cheaper than it is currently.
So should be able to give feedback in a few days, if not distracted by the Wood Elves expansion for Total War Warhammer that has been under my eye for a couple weeks now.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23959499 - 12/26/16 10:56 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

This DLC didn't end up on sale, but still had enough left over on my gift card to pick it up and give it a go anyway.

Anything it introduces that is not the disasters directly, are tied to the disasters in some way -- a bunch of new buildings and services are added into the game, but they are completely redundant if disasters are not turned on.  No need to design evacuation plans and neighborhood shelters with nothing to protect from.

To my comprehension, the new scenario mode and radio are free updates that just coincided with the DLC release.

Disasters are somewhat more compelling than snow, because they can be applied to any map or existing city, instead of being on a snow-only map, but it doesn't add anything like the Tram from Snowfall that could be used to add character and separate public transport lines to non-snowy cities.

Personally dig the expansion, but would advise anyone sitting on the fence to wait for it to actually hit a sale.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23976065 - 01/02/17 12:45 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Made a new city to get a good sense of disasters and the different services as part of the game progression.
Kept losing my early forestry industry area to forest fires, right up until I got some fire helicopters set up.
Apparently thunderstorms can also set things on fire pretty good, and since my city was on one of the beach maps one of my districts got wiped out by a tsunami.

Still managed to make a pretty good city though -- set up a harbour with a touristry commercial district all along the beach leading up to the city's stadium, then an entertainment district beyond that.  Had more cash than I could spend before I knew what to do with it.
And that's when the meteor hit.
collided with my stadium and instantly wiped it out, the whole tourist and entertainment districts went up in flames and I had to just sit and watch in a bit of a state of shock as the fire helicopters put out fires and the emergency crews searched for survivors and cleared the rubble of the collapsed buildings to be rebuilt.
At least the buildings that were left -- everything at the impact site was gone and replaced with a crater.

But once I got over it, I built a bridge over the crater, plunked down one of the new monuments that can be built out of the remains of the meteor,
then plunked down a new stadium next to that and renamed our team to The Meteors as a middle-finger to the sky.

Disasters has probably become my favourite content in Cities: Skylines. :cookiemonster:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24045740 - 01/28/17 06:33 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

cool... I'll be checking that out for sure.

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24047522 - 01/28/17 09:20 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Wait...the disasters dlc is really that in depth?  The meteor stays after it hits and you can build over it and shit?

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #24048572 - 01/29/17 10:25 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Wait...the disasters dlc is really that in depth?  The meteor stays after it hits and you can build over it and shit?

The meteor doesn't stay, just a big crater at the point of impact.
The first time a city gets hit by a meteor, it unlocks one of the new special monument buildings -- it is a statue made out of the remains of the meteor.
Similarly things like sinkholes will leave a gaping hole in the city.

The disaster response itself is fairly in-depth though,
emergency shelters can have special evacuation routes, and the new helicopter police and firefighters are nifty.
It has more depth than snowfall, but all the depth it adds is tied directly to the disasters (whereas Snowfall lets you build tram lines because they don't slow down in snow, or just build them in a snowless city for transport)

Would post some screens or something, but burnt out another video card and waiting on the replacement from EVGA at the moment. :lol:

Offlinesaw87
Stranger
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #24113725 - 02/23/17 02:58 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

If i was to download the disasters DLC, do you know if i would be able to use it on a city that im currently building with a 50000 population in the standard game?

Or would i have to start a new city for the DLC to work?

Thanks

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: saw87]
    #24114225 - 02/23/17 06:26 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

saw87 said:
If i was to download the disasters DLC, do you know if i would be able to use it on a city that im currently building with a 50000 population in the standard game?

Or would i have to start a new city for the DLC to work?

Thanks

Random disasters is a setting in Options
with adjustable frequency
that says it impacts all cities, new or old
and all the new buildings and summonable disasters
are just new menu items

Have not personally tried it in an old save,
due to wanting to have to deal with the disasters as the city develops,
and mildly too lazy to do so at the minute
+ Civ 6 is updating so gearing up to play that
but can potentially check to confirm in the next few days

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #24228153 - 04/08/17 03:44 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Booted up the game again to try out the Pearls From The East FreeLC
basically just adds three Chinese-themed buildings
a high-tech tower, a Panda Sanctuary and a Temple Complex
The Panda Sanctuary is pretty cute
highly recommended free download if you have not grabbed it yet
:cookiemonster:

briefly tried a city on a modded Skyrim map
but it only seemed to have one highway in, so congestion got too bad to go far
it started me out with no down-stream area in my square,
so put the sewage outlet up on a mountain dumping into a valley,
that then flowed off the map
the poop lake was pretty comical to me
until an earthquake changed the shape of the mountain
and a poop waterfall headed for my Industrial district

And on a different note
What a peaceful little skating rink

It would be a shame if...oh no, Meteor warning

well...that happened

Emergency services come in

Only a small meteor, but no chance to escape

Rebuild an area full of parks along the crater in commemoration of the fallen

am thankful this game can continually delight me
:awesomenod:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Cities: Skylines [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #24368314 - 06/01/17 03:48 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

so I decided to take on for the team and bought the xbox one version, even though I own it on PC already...

it's actually not bad, they nailed the controls, and in fact I prefer it over the mouse and keyboard now to be honest.

my 2 main gripes though are lack of mods, and the fact you can't speed up time.... it's either normal speed or pause... I'm kinda gettin used to it though, I usually zone a bunch of stuff, then go do some house work or something and come check on it in an hour, zone some more, rinse repeat..

the PC version is definitely better, but if you don't have a PC that can run it and have an xbox one, it definitely gets my stamp of approval :thumbup:

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24369670 - 06/02/17 01:09 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Its been quite a while, maybe a year or more since last time I played skylines.  Might be time to give it a reinstall.  Its one of those games that I crack out hard on for a while, never quite get m cities how I want, ever, then drift to other stuff, but then always come back and start a new game every so often.

Lot of games in my library get one big play session and never touched again sadly.  So this is a mark of a great game for me.

Mods definitely make it awesome.  I just wish the game performed better.  Even on a really nice machine once your city starts getting big, shit starts to lag and get choppy, etc.  Even worse with mods.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24377130 - 06/04/17 04:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Mods definitely make it awesome.  I just wish the game performed better.  Even on a really nice machine once your city starts getting big, shit starts to lag and get choppy, etc.  Even worse with mods.

yeah I hear ya there... I haven't really noticed it on the xbox version tho... the graphics aren't as detailed and you don't see as much happening on the streets when you zoom in, but my city of 75,000 hasn't caused any siginificant hiccups yet... I think that's part of the reason why you can't speed up time on the xbox version tho, not sure it could handle that much shit going on at that speed :lol:

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24385606 - 06/07/17 03:11 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
you can't speed up time.... it's either normal speed or pause...

scratch that, they fixed it in a recent update... you now have all 3 speeds on the xbone version... now hopefully they introduce some sort of mod system like bethesda did with fallout 4 and skyrim.

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24408811 - 06/15/17 08:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

this may sound like noob question, but what in the fuck do the cargo harbors do?... do they increase demand?, level up nearby industry?, do anything for commercial?... seriously, wtf do they do?

just need a brief explanation.... all I'm seeing so far is it's creating a lot of traffic.

I have a 6 lane road connected to my harbor to my cargo train station, is there even a point to doing that?...

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #24408857 - 06/15/17 08:15 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

personally use them to change the flow of traffic
stick a cargo train station or cargo harbor/hub near the industrial district
and they haul their export goods there, rather than driving through the city to the highway
think that shipments for commercial buildings also get replaced by trucks from the cargo locations

if you have multiple cargo harbours, goods may ship by sea from one to the other
a cargo hub in one area and a cargo train station in another
may have a shipment come in by boat, get put on train, then driven to the store from the station
stuff like that

basically the AI calculates the shortest (distance-wise, not time-wise; no accounting for traffic) route
and follows that

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates