Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethechemist
Stranger

Loc: lost at sea
coolmist set up
    #2137397 - 11/26/03 12:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

heres some pics of my new cool mist set up...let me know what you think

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: coolmist set up [Re: thechemist]
    #2137405 - 11/26/03 12:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

looking good !!!!

good luck !

--------------------

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: coolmist set up [Re: diacamomo]
    #2137619 - 11/26/03 01:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Looking good, now I wish I would have bought that humitifier instead of the ReliOn one. The funnel is a good idea, I am having a much harder time finding something similar to use on the fan outtake on mine. How well does it work? Does funneling it into a tube that small cause any problems like water building up on the sides and dripping down onto the fan?

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinethechemist
Stranger

Re: coolmist set up [Re: MadHatR]
    #2137791 - 11/26/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hey MadHatR...the coolmist i have is a relione...it has that big fan output...thats why i wanted to get it..and also the fact that the filter is super easy to change...and the filters are east to find at multiple stores..

basically..the fan is set on the low or high setting..blowing the cool mist threw the funnel, which directs the air into a smaller, clear tube which channels the air into my terrarium..i have the terrarium split in two bi-level system..the bottom level supports the casing, divided by the drip shield...the top layer is where the actual cool mist humidty is channeled to.. pretty easy to set up...the
only part that sucked in the whole setup was applying duct tape to a majority of the set up...i wanted to siclone glue everything..but i didnt think i coul make the seals as tight as i wanted..i might try later though...

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
    #2138089 - 11/26/03 03:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The relione that I got has a small square fanport on the front, I to will be building some kind of funnel for it also but due to the curves of the humitifer it will be harder to make one that fits. The humidifer is supplying all of the water and freash air for the chamber, but what will you be doing to release the CO2? A hole towards the bottom might achive this but would you would also risk contams. Plus on a setup like my friendsa hole could not be drilled at the bottom due to the fact that it is sitting in a tub of water.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinethechemist
Stranger

#2138142 - 11/26/03 04:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well...the lid to the actual terrarium is not sealed all the way..it will still let a tiny amount of air exchange occur..which should be just enough to let the co2 out... later on i plan on getting a tyvek filter...putting a big pvc pipe threw the side of the terrarium...and rubberbanding the filter to the pvc pipe...then you could just change that filter once a month to keep it clean.. atleast that what i plan on..

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
    #2142824 - 11/28/03 07:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Are you able to reach a humidity of 85% using that setup? With a similar setup I can only seem to reach around 75%- 78%. The chamber is airtight and I can feel cool air coming out of the tube but with how small the water particles are in a cool mister it is hard to tell if water is coming out. Also no condensation is building up anywhere. This is my first mister attempt, prior to this I was using a ultrasonic and condensation was everywhere.

--------------------

Offlinefungus888
fungus888

Loc: midwest
    #2143684 - 11/29/03 03:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

it looks like a good setup but I would utilize that whole entire space that you have, those shelves are perfect for a portable closet setup. As of now, the shelf space if not being used at all, get a portable closet from walmart or even use a plastic drop cloth and a glue gun. The cool mist is optimal for humidity and air exchange, especially for casings. I think your idea is sweet but you could increase your area bigtime--just a thought--

peace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation