Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: On a mountain
Tripping tomorrow(Update with Trip report.)
    #2137104 - 11/26/03 10:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My wife and I are going to trip tomorrow. We have only tripped on shrooms 1 time. Tomorrow will be our second time. We are going to be having some homegrown shrooms. This has been a long anticipated trip, that's why we started growing. We are thinking of doing 3 grams of Creepers each. Our first trip we didn't know how much we were actually eating and did way too much. We had one of those holy crap is this real, I'm going to die, I'm never coming out of this trips. It was a pretty out of this world trip that was hard to enjoy until we started coming down a little. Believe it or not, I actually let go and felt like I died. I've done acid in the past, but shrooms layed me out, literally. I spent almost the whole trip on the floor. As our first time, we are still very open minded and know a little better what to expect. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips to what we can do to have a trip we can enjoy the whole time. Also what is better and why, eating them straight or doing the orange juice thing? Thanks for any input.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Tripping tomorrow [Re: DHJH]
    #2137130 - 11/26/03 11:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

music - break out something trippy and mellow
fruit and water
blankets and pillows
some good smoke
art books
make love
go outside
make animal sounds
be a child again

but the best thing would to simply open up communication and let the love flow :heart: When the visuals start to develop, try sitting in silent darkenss - that is where the magic is.

Whenever I eat mushrooms, I prefer grinding them into a fine powder and putting them into orange juice & gulping it down. 

As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

#2137166 - 11/26/03 11:17 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That's great that you and your wife are going to trip together, it's always good to see a couple who enjoys the experience together.

Let's see what will you need...

Get into "packing" a couple of days before the voyage. Load your gear (brain) with everything you think will be useful. Personally I like documents about nature as they are easy to pack (video or TV). Books are fine but bit slower to load. Walking in nature, quiet and peaceful, and meditating ensures I get enough mental energy and happiness along. Try to break the normal circles of work, and if you are stressed, take few more days away from everything before leaving on the expedition.

Consider what you eat the 8-12 hours or so before a trip. You may want some stored food energy for your trip, so a small meal of complex carbs and protein about 3-4 hours before a trip can be useful, especially for the longer LSD trips. On the other hand, fasting or only having juices the day of the trip can give you quality of lightness which is good for the more religious or shamanistic journey. If you eat a meal within 1-2 hours of ingesting you material, it will be absorbed more slowly (unless you use LSD and absorb it under the tongue), and can increase nausea and gut discomfort for those prone to it. You may want to avoid high-fat foods the day of the trip, although a little chocolate is a Mexican tradition with mushrooms.

Avoid unpleasant situations immediately before a trip. If you watch too many horror movies or have a 2-hour shouting match with your parents/S.O., the emotional baggage is likely to resurface during your trip.

One of the important factors of the setting is music - especially in urban environment music may be necessery to camouflage and change the every-day-soundscape. Music can tingle your imagination in a myriad different ways. Music can take you away, comfort or make you feel unbelievalably good. It can also make you sad, jumpy or angry. Therefore it is very important to make the right choice of music. There is tripping music and there is tripping music - depending on the results one wishes to achieve. I will concentrate on the deeper side; music for shamanic voyages, spacetravels and intense mushroom-magic-trips.

Music you like during your normal states of conciousness is probably not ideal - for instance lots of the ambient done today is not very nice for tripping, but probably ideal listening both before and after the trip. For a voyage try to find music that is calm, not too hectic or fast, not too structured and stays in the background if desired.

-Triptoys should only be pulled out after the peak is clearly over and your group has entered the phase where you have some energy again instead of just floating in hyperspace. Of course, some people just continue with music or more spiritual pursuits. In alphabetical order:

-Books are an acquired taste. Most people find reading difficult, but for others reading while tripping is the only way to understand, for example, Joyce.
-Citrus fruit, especially oranges. A mindblowing combination of smell, texture, and taste. Juice is a decent substitute.
-Crayons or paints for drawing.
-Drumming can provide a nice trance-inducing experience, either one person doing it for everyone (the Michael Harner shaman approach) or the group doing a drumming circle.
-Gelatin-based foods, ie. Jell-O, chocolate pudding, etc. Wiggle wiggle wiggle... Gummy worms are nifty too.
-Glow-in-the-dark anything, preferably not skulls and skeletons though for obvious reasons.
-Flourescent anything.
-Flowers (fresh ones) look gorgeous and smell wonderful.
-Food is another category of its own. In addition to the perennial favorites of citrus fruit, candy and Jell-O, try ice cream, baby food (the fruit-and-berry kind), carbonated soft drinks... Only small portions are needed though, during a trip you can't really _eat_, only _taste_.
-Incense, especially when it's dark and you can wave the glowing end of the stick around and create serious tracers, or watch the smoke drifting with a flashlight. The smell also adds a nice touch to the atmosphere.
-Koosh balls, the bigger the better, are positively cosmic. I especially recommend the "Rainbow Koosh" which is big and colorful.
-Mirrors can be interesting, but also risky. Unless you have high self-esteem, and most people don't, it's common to see your face become covered with hair/bugs/pimples/whatever when you look... but then again many people love mirrors when they trip, and there have been cases where people's self-esteem improved after an extended mirror-staring session.
-Movies almost deserve their own section. Since everybody has their own favorites, I'll just list the most popular ones. _The Mind's Eye_ and _Beyond the Mind's Eye_, both pure computer animation, are classics. So are Disney's _Fantasia_ and _Alice in Wonderland_. _Koyaanisquatsi_ (sp?) is another favorite. Avoid 'mind-fuck' films like David Lynch's works, _Natural Born Killers_, _Tetsuo_ etc; they're too scary and hard to follow when under the influence.

-Musical instruments, esp. guitars, are fun to play with.
------>  Nature is the ultimate triptoy, period. I extremely strongly recommend going outside, especially at night; I am fully convinced that the forest at night when tripping is *the* coolest thing in the universe. Along with the beach when it's sunny outside, and a lake at sunset, and a snow-covered field on a moonlit night, and...
Stroboscopes set to around 20-30 Hz are neat. Warning: Strobe lights may cause seizures in people with undiagnosed epilepsy, test them out beforehand.
-Stuffed animals are a must, they're a familiar link to reality, and more importantly they're fun to hug, play with or throw around.
-Television is an ambivalent one; some people like it, others can't think of anything they'd want to do less during a trip. If you want to give it a shot, cartoons (esp. "Reboot") are probably best.
-Vocal play. Toning (playing with only vowel sounds) or glossolalia (made-up language using vowels and consonents) can be very interesting, either as a group or going around the circle one at a time.
-Water: you can drink it, you can splash it, and if there's enough you can even wade around in it or (eek!) immerse yourself entirely in it. I would not recommend actually swimming during a trip though, especially in unfamiliar waters.
Also experiment with the stuff around you. Nature provides a veritable plethora of cool things, even pebbles.

Once you are in the air it is relatively easy to forget that you can alter the course of trip. Visuals and thoughts come and go, and everything follows some strangely familiar yet divine and unknown path. So one is left gawking at all this jaw open, as if watching TV. But changing pathways is easy - provided you don't forget it is possible =) Always decide and ponder what you want to see and where you want to go before the experience. A shamanic voyage to the underworld is a snack, as is seeing the future. Usually every tripper forms his own way, follows his own paths, be it for good or evil.

There's some copy and paste for you. :wink:

Have fun.

Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: Tripping tomorrow [Re: ]
    #2141130 - 11/27/03 11:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What a great post.

We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

Re: Tripping tomorrow [Re: daft]
    #2141501 - 11/28/03 02:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

3 grams Creeper, Pink Floyd(Brain Damage)WOW. My wife and I will do a report tomorrow sometime if you guys want, on the come down right now and our brains are completely too fried to think right now.

#2148710 - 12/01/03 08:50 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'd love a trip report! Where is it?

Tripping with those you love is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Re: Tripping tomorrow [Re: ]
    #2149884 - 12/01/03 06:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well we ate the shrooms like at 8:45p.m, my wife was a champ about it, it took me a bit longer than her. To pass by some time I played some Marvel vs Capcom 2 while waiting for them to kick in. Then I got the restlessness, and started noticing all the details of the game, (which is a very very animated game), that's why I play it, plays with ur eyes. So I look at my wife, I'm like they are hitting me, she's like me too, thought it was just me. It had been like 15 minutes. I could feel that these things were going to hit hard here real quick, it happened so fast. I turned the lights out, put in Pink Floyd(Dark Side of the Moon) and we closed our eyes. This was only our second time tripping on shrooms. I wanted to do what a lot of you say, since it was dark and cold outside, we stayed in and wanted to trip on music, and try the closed eye visuals.

I remember bits and pieces of my trip but certain parts are very vivid. I remember the music playing and my eyes were closed, I just seen like waves of shit. It was like designs and everything, but it was all going in waves zooming past my eyes. I would see something and try to follow it, but there was an infinite amount of space and things to look at. I started to trip pretty hard, and would come from out of the blanket and ask my wife how she was, she said fine. There came a point where I put the stereo on repeat, I "think" this is where I screwed myself. The song "Brain Damage" did exactly that. Some of the lyrics are about seeing faces. Well that is all I saw. Eyes closed saw waves and waves of faces everywhere. I saw people pointing and laughing at me. Faces everywhere, they never ever ran out. I'd open my eyes to get away from them, all I saw with my eyes opened was faces. No matter what I looked at, faces. I was like wtf. At this point I'm tripping really hard, and the lyrics are starting to get to me bad. He's talking about your head exploding, "you lock the door and throw away the key", I'm freaking when I hear this. "There's someone in my head but it's not me" WHOA. At some point there is a laugh then the end is "I'll see you on the dark side of the moon." I am pretty much thinking this guy is making me trip so damn hard and everything he's saying is soooo true. My head does feel like exploding, ya I'm at the dark side of the moon, no doubt. That song took me for a ride, but damn when I look back, what a hell of a ride. I don't know if this song was on repeat or what but it became to much, made me trip wayyy to hard, so I turned it off. My stereo on stand-by makes a bunch of electronic noises. Well it kept doing it over and over. That started to get to me, I felt like the radio was saying "come back", mocking me, laughing at me, knowing it was to much for me, so I turned it off completley and said we got to go. I got up and said we have got to go. I opened the door walked outside and was completely in awe. The stars were so bright, so close, and so many of them. After dragging my wife outside, she was amazed as well.

We decided to go for a walk, I started to get cold, I didn't really dress that warm as I was in such a rush to get outside. This is where things mellowed out a little, but in a good way. I noticed myself getting irritated. The cars that would drive by would irritate me, the artifical light was irritating me. Being in public in general was all irritating. My wife and I started talking, and I told her, there is so much more out there, so much more we need to do and see. I came to the realization that I want to go out in the middle of nowhere, where there is no noise from cars and people and shit, and just get away. Tripping to music was a blast, but we really wanna try it outside, it seems like there is infinite possiblities out there. Oh ya and as far as what my wife saw, it kind of went with the music she said, like when a nice mellow song would play she said she saw the bluest sky she has ever seen. Then the greenest grass she ever saw. Then she saw a merry go round sitting there spinning. Next thing she knew it spun and took off. Then the song money made her see a bunch of wolves sitting at a green table playing cards. She said all the colors were at an extreme, like blue was the most evident blue shes ever see, etc etc. All colors were enhanced basically.

Anyway we came back and started watching South Park, hilarious. As we came down I noticed my wife seemed a little out of it, a little depressed. I kind of knew why, but it was hard on her. She said she wanted to go back, that she is not ready for it to end. She said that she likes being in a world where there is no worries about anything. She enjoyed the worry-free carefree state and was very disappointed it was over. I mean I was too, but I was wore out, mentally and physically, so I was glad it was over, I just wanted some sleep. Dunno why but it took forever to come down and get to sleep, it almost felt like an acid comedown, just not dirty. Anyway all in all we had a blast, I enjoyed getting into deep converstation with her about things in life. I just love the apprecitation that shrooms give you for things in life. We definately want to be outside during the day time next time we trip.

Anyway, it's not the best trip report, but it's my first, plus I'm still learning "how" to trip. I didn't want to ramble forever. Yes tripping with my wife is great, it makes us feel so close to each other like never before. Anyway, thanks for the request on the trip report, we are thinking sometime during the holidays like shortly after Christmas we will trip again. I think the only thing we need to work on is better planning. I realized planning is so important when tripping, and I need to work on myself mentally, I found myself a little paranoid and nervous, because the first trip we had was a pretty bad one.

#2150048 - 12/01/03 07:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Fantastic read! Love to hear you both had a good time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense, Pink Floyd

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports