Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagicalOrangutan
Curious Cat
Male

Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: sudly]
    #22632609 - 12/08/15 11:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

What defines trip intensity exactly? Sometimes I get strong visuals and little mind fuck sometime get strong mind fuck few visuals even when dealing with the same substance.

It's subjective.

--------------------
On the ground you lay, with your dogs you pray, at a neon hieroglyph sky you gaze

Hugging your mind, praying to survive, feeling the love of the hieroglyphs in the sky
We all need more love, and mainly less hate
Hate is the blind that covers the heart's eye
That makes the heart's eye cry
Locked deep away in the skies of our minds

It's all in the mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: MagicalOrangutan]
    #22632628 - 12/09/15 12:06 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Dunno, I would say it's subjective as well. 

But considering the maybe 1-in-100 times I've had trips way out of proportion to what I expected from the dose, set, and setting, it's pretty easy to recognize when it happens. 

:breakthrough:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#22632671 - 12/09/15 12:34 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Type of drug, potency, dose, tolerance, mindset, stomach content, enzyme availability, previous experience, expectations, exacerbators (lemon tek, extracts etc) and environmental setting are all important variables that define the intensity of a trip. Not all are subjective.

As you tweak each variable you'll get different intensities of experience.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Edited by sudly (12/09/15 12:44 AM)

InvisibleNoodleNose
Mind, Body, & Spirit

#22632968 - 12/09/15 06:04 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

You've got patience to deal with the stupids. I just threw PrimalSoup on ignore. Anyone refuting the scientific potential of research on psychedelics is harmful to the best interests of all board-members [and humanity] including themselves.

--------------------
Most "LSD" is not LSD.
There are no such things as "DMT tabs".

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: NoodleNose] * 1
    #22634431 - 12/09/15 02:28 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

:whoak: 

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (12/09/15 02:38 PM)

Offlinevildhjarta
The Lone Deranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains Flag
Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #22634511 - 12/09/15 02:44 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

2 grams of syrian rue with 2-3 grams of cubes (eyeballed) while hiking a mountain off-trail, above treeline, and at least an hour away from any town. We spent probably 2 hours on the top of the mountain smoking bong bowls and listening to stoner metal (Sleep:rockon:). I was almost too fucked to hike back down :facepalm3: . It was my first and only MAOI and shroom trip and was WAY more intense than I was expecting. It was a truly awesome experience, but in hindsight was irresponsible to take that kind of dose in such a remote and exposed environment.

--------------------

Edited by vildhjarta (12/09/15 05:34 PM)

OfflineDrugzRBad
LOS, FC BAYERN!!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: IDK, Uganda?
Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: vildhjarta]
    #22634550 - 12/09/15 02:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Made a tea of 75 grams wet PESH, and shared with a friend. At one point I was eating lemons. Most intense OEV to date, with colorful lights tearing in and out of existence. More visual then a head trip. Was an amazing experience, but more entertaining then enlightening. Most enlightening trips were around 3-5 grams dry.

--------------------
ā€œI wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.ā€
                                                                                  - Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleNoodleNose
Mind, Body, & Spirit

#22634840 - 12/09/15 04:19 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:
What defines trip intensity exactly? Sometimes I get strong visuals and little mind fuck sometime get strong mind fuck few visuals even when dealing with the same substance.

It's subjective.

It's not purely subjective. Here's a helpful categorization.

Level KEY for Reference:
Quote:

LVL1:
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colours, etcetera). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".

LVL2:
Bright colors, and visuals (i.e. things start to move and breathe), some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.

LVL3:
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".

LVL4:
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

LVL5:
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).

--------------------
Most "LSD" is not LSD.

Offlineohmygollygosh
Stranger
Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: NoodleNose]
    #22634899 - 12/09/15 04:37 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Hey all this is my first ever post on Shroomery and I'm looking forward to being part of this community and contributing when I can. I have been a lurker for many years and I've finally decided to talk.

I've hit somewhere between level 4 and level 5 with 3600mg of nbome-25i and bulk psytrance music. The feeling of when the peak hit and I entered a level 5~ state was if I had exploded into a million golden particles and became nothing but pure energy(as i remember). It was then that I gained a perspective on my life that I felt like I've known all along and it was quite profound but my I forgot it quite quickly as I was coming back to reality and starting to receive information from all my senses.

It was both scary and enjoyable with a terrible comedown that gave me headaches and my muscles contracted from it.

It's probably the crappiest Psych you can get but it is effective when stimulating a particular region in your brain.

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

#22634941 - 12/09/15 04:50 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NoodleNose said:
Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:

It's subjective.

It's not purely subjective. Here's a helpful categorization.

Level KEY for Reference:
Quote:

LVL1:
This level produces a mild "stoning" effect, with some visual enhancement (i.e. brighter colours, etcetera). Some short term memory anomalies. Left/right brain communication changes causing music to sound "wider".

LVL2:
Bright colors, and visuals (i.e. things start to move and breathe), some 2 dimensional patterns become apparent upon shutting eyes. Confused or reminiscent thoughts. Change of short term memory leads to continual distractive thought patterns. Vast increase in creativity becomes apparent as the natural brain filter is bypassed.

LVL3:
Very obvious visuals, everything looking curved and/or warped patterns and kaleidoscopes seen on walls, faces etc. Some mild hallucinations such as rivers flowing in wood grained or "mother of pearl" surfaces. Closed eye hallucinations become 3 dimensional. There is some confusion of the senses (i.e. seeing sounds as colors, etcetera). Time distortions and "moments of eternity".

LVL4:
Strong hallucinations, i.e. objects morphing into other objects. Destruction or multiple splitting of the ego. (Things start talking to you, or you find that you are feeling contradictory things simultaneously). Some loss of reality. Time becomes meaningless. Out of body experiences and e.s.p. type phenomena. Blending of the senses.

LVL5:
Total loss of visual connection with reality. The senses cease to function in the normal way. Total loss of ego. Merging with space, other objects, or the universe. The loss of reality becomes so severe that it defies explanation. The earlier levels are relatively easy to explain in terms of measureable changes in perception and thought patterns. This level is different in that the actual universe within which things are normally perceived, ceases to exist! Satori enlightenment (and other such labels).

All of this is common knowledge, including all of this:

Quote:

sudly said:
Type of drug, potency, dose, tolerance, mindset, stomach content, enzyme availability, previous experience, expectations, exacerbators (lemon tek, extracts etc) and environmental setting are all important variables that define the intensity of a trip. Not all are subjective.

As you tweak each variable you'll get different intensities of experience.

You can tweak whatever you like.  Over the last thousand or so trips I've done that plenty of times. :lol: The exceptions still remain exceptions.

Quote:

NoodleNose said:
I find it interesting that so many have had their strongest trip on amounts other than their highest dose. Accounting for the possibility that some have done their highest dose too soon after taking another dose [tolerance], what do you think is the factor that makes shrooms such a wild card? Is it the immeasurable/unpredictable %-psilocybin within every shroom? Or is it the state of mind with which you enter the experience? Or a combination thereof? What do you all think?

The answer to your question is staring you right in the face.  But you just waltz on from there and imagine there might be ONE cause so you won't have to face the implication of the experience - which as I said several times I share - that there is no real accounting for what makes a trip grab you by the short hairs and rape your mind senseless.  Once that happens to you you'll likely change your tune.  But you'll have to go big or go home for that experience.  :shrug:

Of course since you "threw me on ignore" and then opted out of the rating system as soon as somebody rated you 0 for whining (and it wasn't me) you're nothing really but a noob here. 

With that attitude you won't be reading any actual criticism of your speculations, so your mind can stay safely closed...  :lamastare:

--------------------

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#22635037 - 12/09/15 05:20 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think ignoring people achieves anything.

"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

Quote:

PrimalSoup said: You can tweak whatever you like.  Over the last thousand or so trips I've done that plenty of times. :lol: The exceptions still remain exceptions.

The exceptions occur when most/many of the variables align.
E.g. High potency, large dose, empty stomach, no tolerance, high enzyme availability.

There could be one cause for a strongest trip or there could be 7. There is also the factor of individual metabolism that plays a huge role in the effect someone experiences, this is why two people can have vastly different experiences on the exact same dose of the same batch.

Quote:

PrimalSoup said: there is no real accounting for what makes a trip grab you by the short hairs and rape your mind senseless.

Yes there is, a mind raping experience occurs when most/many of the variables for a strong trip align.

--------------------

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

#22635061 - 12/09/15 05:28 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

highest dose: 7g cubes

strongest trip: 5g cubes; story: after my trip buddy wanted to go home and be alone as the come up started I didn't really know what to do with my trip because we had planned to hang. I turned out the lights and watched a movie Taxi Driver, then that movie was so fucking awesome I watched Vertigo right after that. I was totally planted the whole time and captivated by the colors and film in general, how audio and visual make this experience. This had been my second 5g dose.

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

InvisibleNoodleNose
Mind, Body, & Spirit

#22635111 - 12/09/15 05:44 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:
I don't think ignoring people achieves anything.

"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn."
- Benjamin Franklin

There is a marked difference between the act of 'ignoring' and the state of 'being ignorant'. The less time reading PrimalSoup posts, the more time reading Albert Hoffman books.

--------------------
Most "LSD" is not LSD.

OfflineSensanaty
Ohm Swastiastu
Male

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: filthyknees]
    #22635117 - 12/09/15 05:46 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

It depends on what you mean when you say strongest.

The strongest visuals I've ever had on mushies in my life was my first time I did them, which was 1.7g of cubies, blended with orange fanta.

The strongest 'mental' trip (discounting Datura) was when I took ~270g Peyote, 6g Penis Envy and a whole lotta OG kush, vaped. That's the largest amount of drugs I've ever mixed, though I've had 15 gram Cubie trips as well. I'd wager that it changed my life, that trip. Will write up a trip report when I have the time, I wrote the entire trip down while it was happening ^_^.

-Sen :awesomenod:

--------------------
Trip safe, Trip smart, Let the trip take you on a journey

:peace: Peace and Love to all of Humanity :heartpump:

:todcasil: :heart: Thou Art God :heart: :todcasil:

Edited by Sensanaty (12/09/15 05:47 PM)

InvisibleNoodleNose
Mind, Body, & Spirit

Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: ohmygollygosh] * 1
    #22635129 - 12/09/15 05:49 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ohmygollygosh said:
It was both scary and enjoyable with a terrible comedown that gave me headaches and my muscles contracted from it.

It's probably the crappiest Psych you can get but it is effective when stimulating a particular region in your brain.

nBOM is definitely a fair LSD mock as far as the experience is concerned, but it's much more harsh on your body and I do not recommend it (nor do I recommend doing any unverified blotter in 2015).

You can enjoy similarly 'far out' experiences with the aid of mama mushroom.

--------------------
Most "LSD" is not LSD.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#22635197 - 12/09/15 06:03 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I meant it as in there's no need to block someone for being ignorant of science.

--------------------

OfflineMMG
Artesano
Male User Gallery

#22639341 - 12/10/15 05:06 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

I think trip intensity has to do with control in the trip, with low doses your more able to steer your mind to be "in control" but with high doses you become obliterated by it, no turning back and best if you let go instead of fighting it.
Set and setting and empty stomach also play a big roll..

--------------------
:heart:
  :psychsplit:
    :heart:

Offlinealfonseelrick
Mycopath

Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: MMG]
    #22639419 - 12/10/15 05:29 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

6 grams in the middle of the desert man it was ummmm haha

--------------------
Im just a fictional character everything stated by me is purely fictional and simply lies, those who like me are liars who where bribed or blackmailed in some way Muahahaha :stoned:

OfflineWelshhunterS
Stranger
    #22641769 - 12/11/15 08:24 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

This is one thing I can't understand on here ? Why does everyone do low dose of mushrooms ? My last trip on wavy cap we consumed around 120 grams wet/fresh between 3 people, iv been trying to find the right dose for weeks now and I still have no luck, if we dry wavy caps they seem to lose there strength and because of this the dose is perverted :\ so we just tend to take way to many aha , also the trip on wavy caps is by far the strongest I have had fresh... Last weekend I considered chopping my arm off because it didn't seem like it was part of me aha, 120 grams fresh is ..... Too much aha and the trip comes in waves unlike liberty caps or truffles , when u think your fine .... It hits u again ... Hard lol one of my mates looked like he was having a stroke ahaha his face was drooping and his speach was outta the window ... So please can someone help me find a nice dose dryed\wet for tonight
Gimme a dose folks ! Wavy cap
You may choose 2

Votes accepted from (12/11/15 12:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

InvisibleNoodleNose
Mind, Body, & Spirit

Re: Was your HIGHEST DOSE your STRONGEST TRIP? [Re: WelshhunterS]
    #22641927 - 12/11/15 09:24 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Dry your shrooms, mate.
Can get a much more (although not at all) scientific measurement on the dose by using dry rather than wet. Some huge shrooms shrink into tiny little things, and some medium shrooms keep their size.

--------------------
Most "LSD" is not LSD.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate