Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejpod
Stranger

Loc: DeeSee
Salvia - First Time (Trip Report)
    #2130468 - 11/23/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yesterday I tried Salvia for the first time. I really thought I was prepared, but this was not true. How could you possibly prepare for something like this?

I packed up the bong with 242mg of 5x extract, and took a rip. It had been a while since smoking anything from a bong, and so the first hit was rather weak, and I was only able to hold it for about 10 seconds or so. I exhaled, and prepared myself to take the rest of it in, checked myself, and noted nothing out of the ordinary at this point. So down the rest of it went, a much better hit this time, clearing the bowl. I held it in for only about 20 seconds, and needed to breath, then reluctantly exhaled. "I messed up", was the only thought I had as I put started to put the bong on the floor. Just then, IT happened. As I leaned down and to the left, so did the world shift down and left. Startled, I sat up straight quickly and tried to re-balance myself. Looking up at the TV, it also started to fall downward at a 45 degree angle, down and left, then everything else followed.

Soon there was no room, there only was a line that held a static tilt of the same 45 degree angle, yet it was somehow spinning counter-clockwise rapidly. The entire everything that 'is' was contained within this line and was this line. I was also this line, yet not apart of it as well. I heard a male voice saying "You think you're real?! You're not real!". Up to this point, my thought process held clear, yet here this also ceased to be. Forming a complete thought within "myself" (whatever that happened to be) was becoming impossible, because this spinning line was also consuming my ability to think. My thoughts were as words on a paper being typed, the existing letters falling off the page as the new letters were just being typed. This inability to think was extremely alarming, yet at the same time it just was meant to be, and for a time, I submitted fully to the spinning line.

After a while, the line began to transform, and spread into an 8-sided pinwheel. I was the 8 pieces of the pinwheel, each was me yet somehow different. Slowly each pieace began to represent a thought forming again, and I recognized that these were full and complete thoughts and that I was not them. Suddenly I was seperate from the pinwheel, watching my thoughts spin around. I then concentrated on an individual blade of the pinwheel (this was similar to watching a spinning ceiling fan and concentrating on a single blade) and recognized what that thought was, that I was a human being. Concentrating on another blade, I recognized smoehow that this was not normal, and that I had somehow done this to myself, and that it was wrong. I realized that everyone that I knew was in a room with me, and were waiting for me to return, so that they could punish me for doing this.

I was horrified, and stuck between worlds, and knew that I belonged to neither. I decided to "run" away, so that I could still continue my life without being locked away in punishment. (Side note: my sitter says at some point about 5 or 6 minutes in, I jumped up and ran straight down my hallway and into my coat closet door, then ran back down into the living room and sat on the couch. I assume this is what happened here.) Realized that there was no escaping this fate, I relaxed and was joyous for the blessing of this experience. Suddenly I was in my living room again, the same place I had left so long ago. It was not quite the same place though, for everything seemed as if it was somehow fake, and I had seen the lie behind reality. I began to laugh histerically at this, and at what had just accured. I laughed harder and louder than I had in my entire life, for at least 10 minutes straight. I had experienced something that I could barely begin to understand, yet somehow knew the joke was no longer on me.

Edit: Added trip report to ttile -Seuss

Edited by Seuss (11/24/03 05:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Salvia - First Time [Re: jpod]
    #2130490 - 11/23/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You people have peaked my curiousity with your experiences.

That's it!  I am getting this stuff.

Great report, man. :thumbup: 

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Salvia - First Time [Re: sirreal]
    #2130523 - 11/23/03 01:03 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #2130887 - 11/23/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

welcome to the realm of the initiated.
welcome home.
:smile: 

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2131137 - 11/23/03 07:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

When you ran down your hall into your closet

do you mean you ran down the hall and went into your closet, or ran down the hall and collided with your closet door

Invisiblejpod
Stranger

Re: Salvia - First Time [Re: Druginduced]
    #2131220 - 11/23/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry I wasn't too clear there, yea I ran down the hallway and collided with the closet door. He basically said I kinda bounced off it and ran straight back.

Invisiblejpod
Stranger

Re: Salvia - First Time [Re: trippinlizard]
    #2131236 - 11/23/03 08:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Poster: trippinlizard
Subject: Re: Salvia - First Time 

welcome to the realm of the initiated.
welcome home.

:smile:

Thanks, I feel as if I've always belonged here!
:wink: 

OfflineDannyT
Danny Tanner
 User Gallery
Loc: Souf Carolina
    #2131264 - 11/23/03 08:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:heart: Salvia!  It's quite a rush with that breakthrough, eh?  Welcome to the club buddy! 

--------------------
Oh, no, man, I feel weird
I'm trying to get the motherfucking fuck out of here
Before there's flowers here
And sour tears

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Salvia - First Time [Re: DannyT]
    #2131361 - 11/23/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to wait for my plant to be big enough to harvest from. She's in sad shape at the moment so it'll probably be quite some time. :frown:

Oh well, I'd rather wait and have my breakthrough on a plant that I cared for and nurtured than just go by some extract. 

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Salvia - First Time [Re: PDU]
    #2131441 - 11/23/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PDU said:
Read my post in this thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1 

Fuck yeah!

Thanks for hooking me up with that link. I will be getting this stuff soon. Currently I am absorbed in some mushroom research! I just wrote a report in this forum.

I can relate to the feelings you expressed in your report. I am forming some conclusions based on my own experiences with psychedelic drugs. Salvia is one of the few I have yet to experience. :thumbup: 

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (11/23/03 10:46 PM)

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2131454 - 11/23/03 10:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Your experience mirrors my common experiences. At first I am swallowed into a wave of fear and panic, but once I realize that reacting to this fear feeds the fear - like a snake devouring itself - that is when I realize the key is to let go and be peaceful and generate total love. I gradually float away into an ecstatic state of compassion. Reality dawns piece by piece and the ecstacy becomes normal. Reality then seems like ecstacy perfected to the point of it being unnoticeable. And then I drift back in my silly little life...:heart:       

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Salvia - First Time (Trip Report) [Re: jpod]
    #2132343 - 11/24/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Really amazing that the mind is able to create such weirdness. Quite a hefty beginners dose you took. But from what I read it worked good.
There was one time I started to cough after a big toke. I then thought, now it'll never work. Boy was I wrong, a few seconds later I was part of a revolving fractal world.
Have fun on your future explorations, there's a lot to explore :smile:

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Salvia - First Time (Trip Report) [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2133466 - 11/24/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Heh seems like quite a trip...but i don't like going this far with salvia , its too scary...hah you heard a voice too. I always hear voices when tripping on salvia , theres a male and a woman, and they always have the same voice . And they say really frightening stuff sometimes...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Salvia - First Time (Trip Report) [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2134286 - 11/25/03 05:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

> Side note: my sitter says at some point about 5 or 6 minutes in, I jumped up and ran straight down my hallway and into my coat closet door, then ran back down into the living room and sat on the couch. I assume this is what happened here.

This is an important warning... I have seen people's bodies get up and move around after smoking salvia while nobody is home upstairs. After they come back to reality they have no idea that they had been moving about. Trip sitters are highly recommended.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Salvia - First Time (Trip Report) [Re: Seuss]
    #2134411 - 11/25/03 07:57 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

This is an important warning... I have seen people's bodies get up and move around after smoking salvia while nobody is home upstairs. After they come back to reality they have no idea that they had been moving about. Trip sitters are highly recommended.

This makes me a little leery. I am kind of a big guy and and the people I know might be a little nervous about sitting for me if I might have to be restrained.

Have any of you guys ever gotten violent after doing salvia? Do you respond well to people trying to watch over you?

--------------------
-----------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Salvia - First Time (Trip Report) [Re: sirreal]
    #2134458 - 11/25/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

>Have any of you guys ever gotten violent after doing salvia?

More like the village drunk staggering around, talking to walls, running into doors, that sort of thing. I haven't seen anything close to violence... just a body running around without a brain telling it what to do.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Salvia - First Time (Trip Report) [Re: sirreal]
    #2135292 - 11/25/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

One time I was out in the woods late at night by myself and I smoked alot of 10x. I guess I dropped the bowl and lighter and took off sprinting. It was like a voice told me to go do laps or something. I was like a super olympic athlete man running around the dark, dark woods giggling. I later found myself pretty far away from my original spot and had to backtrack to get to my bowl. Only happened once though - I usually just sit in a lotus position.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Invisiblejpod
Stranger

Re: Salvia - First Time (Trip Report) [Re: Seuss]
    #2135410 - 11/25/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yup he said it was pretty much just a slightly staggered run into the door and right back again, then sat down on my same seat on the sofa. I find it pretty incredible that my body still physically got up and did something so complex as this even though my concious mind had forgotten all about my body.

Has anyone sitting for someone on salvia ever had to restrain them from doing something stupid, like walking off a balcony or into water or something? I'm curious to see how responsive someone would be to outside physical guidance when they are so far removed from their physical body.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2135519 - 11/25/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Most people usually remain seated while using Salvia, but sometimes people do get up and do stuff, while totally unaware of it. From what I've read these people are pretty easy to control by the sitter.

For me, the only problem is that sitters are a negative influence in my trip. It's like I can't let go of this world, while I'm still aware of people being in it. I also start thinking about the sitter a lot.

After a few trips without moving, I decided to trip alone, which went much better and deeper. I now want to slowly increase my dose, but I'm a little apprehensive, because maybe I'll start to move with higher doses.

I'll just have to trust myself with remaining seated and slowly up my dose.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery
    #2135531 - 11/25/03 05:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I can relate to this. I had a friend who ran out of the room into another and kept saying "we gotta go man!" I know how it is though. I once thought I was a part of everything else around me and my consciousness started "flowing" along with whatever energies were present. I though I was part of the woodwork of the furniture in the room. Another time I felt that I had to leave on a train, and my friend who was present and sober was not moving so I told him to do so. Salvia is some weird shit.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract