Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Loc: Scotland
Oh shit! (opiates)
    #21355309 - 03/03/15 07:47 AM (9 years, 27 days ago)

I've been a daily user of poppy pods for the past 6 months or so. My latest order of poppy pods didn't go through successfully, they didn't dispatch it in time and the order was automatically cancelled and refunded :feelsbadman:
I sent them e-mails to sort it out, just awaiting a reply.
I have like 2 days pods worth left and doubt pods will arrive in that time.
Though I have Kratom, I'm not sure the current stuff I have is any good.
I made a new order of Kratom from a different vendor so I hope that will work.

If not, I'm dreading withdrawal :feelsbadman: I suppose it hand to come to this eventually.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: daz01] * 5
    #21355330 - 03/03/15 07:54 AM (9 years, 27 days ago)

We all have to face our demons eventually

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: At The Gates
Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: daz01] * 2
    #21355439 - 03/03/15 08:44 AM (9 years, 27 days ago)

There is a book called "opium for the masses". The answers you seek are in there.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek
My Agrocybe Aegerita Grow Log

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: Mushenstein]
    #21355602 - 03/03/15 09:54 AM (9 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Jimmy Slump said:
There is a book called "opium for the masses". The answers you seek are in there.

I have harvested poppies and opium before but now ain't the season from them to grow.

--------------------
Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or a day or even a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it will last forever.

InvisibleMushenstein
Brain Damage

Loc: At The Gates
Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: daz01]
    #21355712 - 03/03/15 10:25 AM (9 years, 27 days ago)

That's not what I was talking about. The book goes into detail about store bought poppy seeds. Must be done in bulk. Buy a couple lbs from Cosco's or other bulk food store and follow the recipe in the book. Store poppy seeds are Psomniferum.

--------------------
This is how I get down!

Muffler Tek
Slump's BRF Grinder Tek
My Agrocybe Aegerita Grow Log

Invisiblebeta_knight
✯✯✯✯✯
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: Mushenstein]
    #21355876 - 03/03/15 11:13 AM (9 years, 27 days ago)

Sounds like you should load up on kratom, bud, and sweets. Unless you can score morphine or percs... hydro's... Until your order comes...
I had a nasty opiate addiction 6-7 years ago when oxycontin 80's were all the rage.
Withdrawing off 640mg-1000mg a day nearly killed me. Worst 2 weeks ever.
You shouldn't have too bad of a withdrawal...

--------------------

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: beta_knight]
    #21355913 - 03/03/15 11:25 AM (9 years, 27 days ago)

I want to try poppy so bad.

I tried to sow some seeds, but I don't think any of them were viable :sad:

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #21359570 - 03/04/15 06:04 AM (9 years, 26 days ago)

OMG. Order has been dispatched! Last order, the delivery came in just 1 day.
I have one dose left so if order comes tomorrow that will be perfect!!:feelsgoodman::tee:

--------------------

Offlinetourrat
humanbeinganimal
 User Gallery

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: daz01] * 3
    #21359624 - 03/04/15 06:37 AM (9 years, 26 days ago)

Damn...reading this brought back a flood of bad memories...do yourself a HUGE FAVOR throw them fucking things away and take your life back! You are headed down a one way road with a big block wall at the end. Pod addiction sucks!!! You know damn well its just a matter of time till something gets fucked up ....you're blowing piles of money to feel like shit. Six months of daily use ...they don't make you feel good anymore...they just get you right ....just make you feel OK.....when meanwhile the reason you feel bad in the first place is from the pods. I feel really bad for anyone sliding down that slope.....quit while you're able.

--------------------
Knee deep in the hotel tub.....

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: tourrat]
    #21359660 - 03/04/15 06:52 AM (9 years, 26 days ago)

I suffer from schizophrenia and I am on daily medications, basically dependant on an anti-psychotic so, adding pods into the mix doesn't seem all that bad. My habit costs about £120 a month. I keep the dosages, low and consistent i.e. dosages aren't high enough for me nod off.

I suppose that's a junkie rationalising but fuck it. I'll enjoy them until it has a negative effect on my life.

--------------------

Edited by daz01 (03/04/15 06:53 AM)

OfflinestarsNbars
 User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
    #21368609 - 03/05/15 10:40 PM (9 years, 25 days ago)

opiates are the devil:sad:  then again heaven lol

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: starsNbars]
    #21373239 - 03/07/15 03:52 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

Yesterday and last night was an eye opener for me. My pods came yesterday late afternoon, so I was already in withdrawal. I decided not to dose just to see how bad things got. It was pretty horrible. Surprisingly, the physical withdrawal symptoms were the WORST this time, terrible RLS and body aches. Insomnia, nausea, etc.
Not even Clozapine was helping me get to sleep. An hour felt like a day.
I slept like 2 hours, dosed some Kratom at like 2 in the morning which helped and let me sleep but I was getting weird side effects from the Kratom, it felt like my body/brain was moving out of my body.

Now, I don't know what to do. I dosed pods and back too feeling great. I am seriously considering going to the GPs and asking if I can be on opiate medication to ween off. Is this a smart idea or should I "man" up and go cold turkey the next time my pod supply goes dry?:feelsbadman:

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

#21373253 - 03/07/15 04:02 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

I've never had much luck quitting anything cold turkey. It all depends on you though. More specifically your will to quit whatever. If you don't have the will to just face the consequences of quitting cold turkey, whatever they might be, then weening is the way to go. Otherwise you just put yourself for hell for a little while and fall right back into whatever it was.

Quitting anything takes some level of will though. Weening can stem the withdrawal, it can't cure your mind of wanting whatever it was you were addicted to to begin with.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21373332 - 03/07/15 05:21 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
Weening can stem the withdrawal, it can't cure your mind of wanting whatever it was you were addicted to to begin with.

That's why the withdrawals were an eye opener, they made me realise I can't keep this shit up. Also, I am obviously the type of person who can't use opiates responsibly. It started off at using once every 2 weeks, then it was 1, then every 2 days and eventually every day, I fail so hard :feelsbadman:

--------------------

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

#21373356 - 03/07/15 05:55 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

daz01 said:
That's why the withdrawals were an eye opener, they made me realise I can't keep this shit up. Also, I am obviously the type of person who can't use opiates responsibly. It started off at using once every 2 weeks, then it was 1, then every 2 days and eventually every day, I fail so hard :feelsbadman:

You don't fail, that's ridiculous man. Opiates are incredibly addicting, I've been there, it is extremely difficult. I always loved pills, but once I tried heroin I knew that it was going to be extremely difficult to keep away from it. I had the same thing happen to me, it started off as a once in a while thing, and within a week or two I was buying bundles so fucking often and watching my bank account sink to nearly nothing. The best thing that ever happened to me was my connection to heroin got a new phone number and I was never able to get in touch with him since. I was pissed for a while, but I realize now that it's probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

Be strong and keep your head up, you'll do just fine. :thumbup:

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

#21373367 - 03/07/15 06:06 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

Get out while you still have a chance would be my advice.  Kicking after six months is better than kicking after six years.  If you can't manage it on your own get on bupe and taper down would be my advice.

Seriously the shit sucks, it is not what you think it is.  You can face the world on your own without opiates and be a better person with more to offer the world.  Don't put it off because there will never be a time when it is any easier.

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #21373923 - 03/07/15 09:46 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

I've been compiling a list for supplements that could make cold-turkeying easier:

5HTP
Valerian Root
Camomile tea
Peppermint tea
Passionflower
Ibuprofen
Multivitamin containing iron & potassium
Vitamin B6 and B12
L-Theanine
Diphenhydramine
Dark chocolate high in cocoa

I am prescribed Diazepam and Zoplicone but those are last resorts, I don't wanna swap addictions to GABA substances.

Anything I'm missing?

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: daz01] * 2
    #21373941 - 03/07/15 09:49 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

I've read a lot of things about people using loperamide with good results.

OfflineSnowDaze
Probably Relapsing on Heroin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Home, Home Again....
Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #21373968 - 03/07/15 09:58 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

I had an ex that was basically defendant on that tho to not get sick

You aren't THAT deep.  I cold turkey'd a daily h habit of over 6 months and even tho it was terrible it was the best thing I ever did

Hope you choose well.  Then maybe just enjoy kratom or something less harmful in the future.

Good luck friend

--------------------
:gd_icon: If you get confused, listen to the music play :gd_icon:

:smugjerry: :feelswierman:

:wook: :barbershreds: :scumbagsteve:

Offlinedaz01
Learning
I'm a teapot

Re: Oh shit! (opiates) [Re: SnowDaze]
    #21374003 - 03/07/15 10:13 AM (9 years, 23 days ago)

Poppy pods withdrawal last much longer because of how long the half-life is. I'd rather abuse heroin and experience a much more severe but quicker withdrawal than having to go through weeks of turmoil. :feelsbadman:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates