Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
The Trippiness of Life
    #2135396 - 11/25/03 06:02 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Well, there are a few different things I want to get into with this thread, but I will start off with an experience I had today. Actually, I would just like to say that a week ago, I had quite the life changing experience on an X roll, and the state of mind that I was left with after that is still going strong. So, my experience today:

A few hours after waking up (I've been waking up at like two in the afternoon because I have been the only one in the house for awhile) I decided to go get the mail. I always sit in my room with just shorts on, so I threw on a shirt and my coat (still shorts, though). I step out the door (it is basically twilight now) and I notice how windy it is. It is rather cold, but it sort of feels refreshing to me. So I decide to just walk around the island. :grin:

The whole sky is cloudy. Our sky here always has something different going on in different parts of it, I guess because of all of the mountains and the fjord and all of these winds coming from in from everywhere. Well, it is all cloudy, but like some parts of the sky are a really deep, deep blue, and the rest of the sky is just different gradients of that.

So here I am walking around in shorts and a coat, these strong gusts of wind coming in and always bringing just a few drops of rain with, and me walking around grinning like an idiot.

So, we have all of these different shades of dark blue in the sky with these grayish clouds. All of the mountains are almost black. The fjord itself was glowing this really weird bluish colour that I can't describe.

Now, I would best describe Norway as a land of greens and browns. (no snow here yet, the ocean makes sure of that). The plant life effectively covers almost every little natural shade of green and brown. So here I am, just soaking in all of these contrasts of colours and the winds and just this very unusual but very pleasant experience that is unfolding.

Living in the now and being more conscious of my feelings and what thoughts are being involved with what and who I am acting as at this very moment is something I have been trying to achieve for quite some time now. It has been a gradual process, and I guess I eventually hit some sort of barrier that was preventing this. Took a psychadelic, had an experience shaped by an alternate consciousness, and broke free.

I don't know, I just feel so much more content now, so much more at ease. I am conscious of so much more now, and I haven't even gradually sank back into my old frame of mind, which usually happens. It is like I whittled away at a tree that was this barrier, and all I was left with was a toothpick. The psychadelic gave my mind the ability to break the toothpick. Or something. :grin:

Anyways, how many of you can be in a room and you look around at all the objects around you. Their shapes and textures. And it seems like they are just a little bit more defined? That the edges seem to be just a tad bit sharper, that you can sort of *feel* the shape of the object? I guess I really can't describe it, but hopefully if you have, you know what it is that I am saying.

I guess it could just be me being more conscious of my surroundings. Anyways, I am now listening to TOOL with the sound cranked up (a good system on your computer is something that I have always dreamed of and now finally have... mmm.... feel that tone!) and it is almoste like I am mildly tripping. Time? What's that? It feels like I have been making this post for ages. *scrolls up to see all that I have written* Hhm.. maybe I have. :grin:

Life just feels more like LIFE, you know? Things that used to set me off, get me impatient and uptight just don't bother me anymore. I don't allow myself to burn the energy pursuing an emotional release that is not needed, is unpleasant, and seperates me from what I could be enjoying.

Well, I guess I will just finish up with me expressing how much meaning the word "experience" has to me. I mean, it is only one word, but to me, and probably a lot of you, it carries a whole lifetime full of meaning.

This moment right now, it will never be reproduced again, at least in what we consider to be this lifetime (when the Universe breathes back in and then breathes out, this moment will be here yet again, exactly as it IS now, and that alone is something to think about...). If I turn the heater off in my room, I am going to have a different experience. If I turned on Deicide, Mayhem, Children of Bodom, or Therion, I am going to have a different experience than when I am listening to TOOL, Opeth, The Doors, or Infected Mushroom.

Every little variable around us plays a part in what we are experiencing right now. And the biggest player in this is our mind, because it is what decides how to put these variables together and what to assume and what to feel because of these variables. To me, I feel the best state of mind to have is one that isn't attached to very much, and can focus itself on what is going on right now and find enjoyment in what is happening, and if not can use the free will to change what is going on now for the better (as long as one keeps a wide open mind to most situations, this isn't a problem).

Life is met head on this way, and is experienced in every last little detail, from the way the bass is bouncing off of the drums right now to the temperature in the room, the dry feeling in my throat (mmmm.. water soon I must), and the way the objects in my room create my surroundings.

Anyways, if you took the time to read my thoughts, here's a shroom! :mushroom2: My purpose of posting all of this is to get my experience out to those who are more prone to it resonating. If you feel like adding anything, or disagreeing with me, or taking the time to say "Fuck George Bush!", I appreciate it. The Shroomery kicks ass! Long live the Shroomery! :grin:
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2135419 - 11/25/03 06:22 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

I agree :laugh:

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: KackleDude]
    #2135433 - 11/25/03 06:31 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

KackleDude said:
I agree :laugh: 

Hey man, what's going on? As an update, I just cut all of the lights. I have four small candles, two above my head, sitting on top of this cupboard/desk. This flap folds out, where the keyboard is, and I have the other two on each side of the keyboard. I have a glass of water and I have now replaced TOOL with Shpongle.

I can't even begin to describe how I am feeling right now. My favourite word for this state is "cosmicness". The thing is, I am not even on anything. I don't remember who it was on here that said this, but they called it "perma-tripped". The word belies what the experience is really like, but it seems like a good enough word for it. :grin:

There is one thought that completely and utterly blows my mind right now. If this is me right now, sober..... than do I even ask what I am going to be like in three days, when I am tripping on some suspossedly killer mushrooms and also its companion, marijuana? The thought doesn't scare me, but it certainly does shock me... hehehehe.

Ahh, what the hell, here's some more mushrooms for you all: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Have a fun time! :grin:
Peace. 

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #2135484 - 11/25/03 06:51 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

> I have now replaced TOOL with Shpongle.

:thumbup: :thumbup: 

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #2135495 - 11/25/03 06:53 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Relativity.

It is our relative perspective that causes us to precieve space and time as we do. Space is infinite. Time is infinite.

If we were able to change our relative perspective in any way,our perceptions of time and space would change as well.

A table takes so many years to degrade and go through the moleculer changes that will change it from a table into something else. It would take a long time of real time observation for us (from our relative perspective) to observe some of these changes.

If you could change your relative perspective to that of an atom, it might only take a few seconds! Time is absolutely relative. Everything (in this sense) is happening right now. No past, no future.

We cannot observe the movement occuring in a table top. Athough it is occuring at speeds that we cannot even fathom. Our relative perspective puts us at to great a distance from the movement.Like when you see a plane that is a speck in the sky. It is traveling at incredible speeds, yet to us it is nearly at a standstill.

On a much different level, that is what is taking place when we look at an object that is made up of particles that we cannot percieve except in the collective organisation of these particles.

Sorry fireworks, but this does relate even though it may not seem to.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (11/25/03 06:57 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: sirreal]
    #2135522 - 11/25/03 07:09 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
Sorry fireworks, but this does relate even though it may not seem to.

It seems to, all right. :grin:

It all contributes to the trippiness... :mushroom2:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2135560 - 11/25/03 07:24 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

It all contributes to the trippiness... :mushroom2:
Peace. 

What's next, dancing elves?

When I get my hands on some DMT, maybe. :blush: 

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2135567 - 11/25/03 07:28 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

All I know is that Saturday is going to be an experience I will never forget, every single day I will be reminded of it... can't wait! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2135577 - 11/25/03 07:30 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

When you run out, let me know. :stoned: 

--------------------
-----------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2135594 - 11/25/03 07:38 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
When you run out, let me know. :stoned: 

Hehe, will do, will do. Tusen Takk! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibleadrug

#2135598 - 11/25/03 07:41 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

I've been waiting for this thread from you actually. I swear you seem different in the last week, even from your posts, although I can't necessarily put my finger on how. But either way, I'm glad you've found a content spot. :smile:

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #2135599 - 11/25/03 07:41 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Let our minds expand together!

Anything that I can do to help is my mission in life.

Especially someone who seems to be on the same path that I am on.

BTW, I am still trying to see these things without the use of drugs. But fuck, I just have so much shit at my disposal, it makes it to easy. :lol: 

--------------------
-----------

Edited by sirreal (11/25/03 07:43 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: adrug]
    #2135854 - 11/25/03 09:10 PM (13 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
I've been waiting for this thread from you actually. I swear you seem different in the last week, even from your posts, although I can't necessarily put my finger on how. But either way, I'm glad you've found a content spot. :smile: 

Hehe, thanks, babe. :grin: It has been something I have been pushing towards for quite sometime, I feel relieved that I finally gotten this state of mind to be the standard, sober one. What it comes down to is just being, finding happiness in what you are doing right now and just being happy breathing... hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2137251 - 11/26/03 11:48 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

I had a similar experience a while back, perhaps a half a year or so? It faded all too quickly to the subconscious awareness that life is great though. My mind can trap me quickly, fool me into believing I don't have everything I need in this world, when really I do.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2137323 - 11/26/03 12:21 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

The unbearable lightness of hoover-tanks!

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2137486 - 11/26/03 01:15 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

I just thought I would let you know that Christmas came a couple of days earlier than expected, and I can now yell "Obtainment!"

Still gotta wait until Saturday night, though. But I have some good quality smoke to puff on in the meantime. :grin:

So, here be an emoticon that I have been waiting to use for a long time:  :stash:! And let us not forget  :mushroom2:
Peace. 

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2137794 - 11/26/03 02:29 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Nice one.

Don't forget, though: if such a happy mode of being has it's basis entirely in a round tablet or a small piece of square paper, the benefits that can be reaped from the new way of thinking will eventually be outweighed by the habits and behaviours we have been training in all our lives. Even the most profound insights encountered through the use of conciousness altering drugs, and the feelings of elation thereof, are eventually exhausted -- unless we supplement them with honest, consistent, sincerely determined exploration of their nature.

There is no supportable cause ever to be discouraged.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: Ped]
    #2138020 - 11/26/03 03:35 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
Don't forget, though: if such a happy mode of being has it's basis entirely in a round tablet or a small piece of square paper, the benefits that can be reaped from the new way of thinking will eventually be outweighed by the habits and behaviours we have been training in all our lives.  Even the most profound insights encountered through the use of conciousness altering drugs, and the feelings of elation thereof, are eventually exhausted -- unless we supplement them with honest, consistent, sincerely determined exploration of their nature.

First off, I would like to say that you are the man, Ped. :grin:

And don't worry, man. The drugs are only playing a small notch in this. They are just letting me widen my eyesight like 10 degrees more to really see the situation quick so I am still aware of it when I am unenhanced by them. What I am aware of right now, it sort of surprises me. And, of course, it feels like I knew it was this way all along, and that I can't believe I forgot it. hehe.

What it all comes down to is what we think about at the moment. What it is that we are doing, what it is that we are concering ourselves with. Basically, I used to have too many thoughts going in every direction possible and my concentration being spread out between all of these thoughts. It provided a means of having intelligence because the thoughts covered enough area and had just enough focus to actually be effective.

It isn't too bad of a thing, except that all of the thoughts sort of cut me off from the experience I am having. It is like spinning your head in all directions as you walk to suck in all of the view, but not being able to really be aware of where you are going because your head is spinning in so many directions at once. :grin:

So in the past couple of weeks my mind has really been concentrating on forming a new way of working, because I have had glimpses of it before temporarily and had experienced it enough times to get more of an understanding of how it works, so that I could know what to change while sober to start the transition to it.

Can one actively change the way that their mind takes in information, makes connections? Well, we can gradually work with our physical body, becoming conscious of the different muscles, and actually feel them when we move them about, so that we can begin stretching them and streghening them.

So ja. I'm looking at things differently now. :grin:
Peace. 

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePedM
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2138069 - 11/26/03 03:50 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

You are describing mindfulness!  That is very inspiring.

>> Basically, I used to have too many thoughts going in every direction possible and my concentration being spread out between all of these thoughts.
:thumbup:

>> all of the thoughts sort of cut me off from the experience I am having

>> Can one actively change the way that their mind takes in information, makes connections?

>> we can begin stretching them and streghening

Wow.  Awesome.  You are quite fortunate!  Check your PMs.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
Re: The Trippiness of Life [Re: Ped]
    #2138584 - 11/26/03 08:01 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Interesting thread. :bong: :mushroom2: 

Good luck with tripping in a couple days! 

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology