Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMrBiocycle
Stranger
Male

Loc: Boone, North Carolina
Shroom Chocolate
    #21182416 - 01/26/15 07:33 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all,

I was hoping to explore cooking with psylocibin shrooms, specifically identifying what receipes and techniques may better facilitate the preservation of psychoactive compounds.

For instance, one rule of thumb is of course not exposing heat and therefore diminishing any said compounds.

Also, grinding shrooms as part of preparation is one other common practice that I've become aware of.

So in terms of basics, I appreciate any tips offered from this community of creative chefs!

I would certainly like to understand more of which properties in certain foods will promote a better all around flavorful and psychedelic experience.

If anyone has experimented with different chocolates, I am particularly interested in learning which reciepes are most practical for this purpose.

Thanks,

[Disclaimer: All statements made by this user, "MrBiocycle" are completely hypothetical in any context]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheBoomking
I really am Bret McKenzie
 User Gallery

Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: MrBiocycle]
    #21182446 - 01/26/15 07:39 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

All I can add is to take into consideration chocolate is allegedly a minor MAOI - which can amplify the effects of the mushrooms.

also I'm a fan of dark chocolate, and what ended up happening is whatever Kind I was using would harden up so much that at room temp I was still "gnawing" on the chocolate which was the size of an ice cube (hardened in ice cube trays)

InvisibleDrRedBush
I'm unpasteurized
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: TheBoomking]
    #21182491 - 01/26/15 07:46 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I used ghiradelli dark chocolate. Trying to remember what I used to soften it up a bit cause I had hard chocolates the first time. I wanna say milk but I'm pretty sure that wasn't it.

Also heat shouldn't damage it too much.

For an ISO or ethanol extract you heat it up to like 150 degrees I think not sure though

Offlinemotherchimp
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: DrRedBush]
    #21189552 - 01/28/15 12:06 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I have a few tips I'll try to list them all:

1: Grease your moulds!!! Just putting them into a normal plastic try they will stick.
2: Just melt the chocolate in either the microwave or in a bowl above a pot of hot water.
3: Dont try to mix in doses inside the moulds you'll have to guess and add an amount into a batch and make how ever many chocolates that batch makes.
4: Add extra ingredients as there can be quite a lot of chocolate mixture left on spoons, bowls or spilt around the mould.
5: Find some way to package them and have them not melt on you. It is chocolate after all.
6: Presentation can be a factor.

Hopefully these are the tips you were looking for.

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: MrBiocycle]
    #21193982 - 01/28/15 08:50 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

A small palette knife and a mini rubber spatula are good things for moving and scraping softened chocolate.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: MrBiocycle] * 1
    #21194313 - 01/28/15 10:16 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Make sure you dry your mushrooms correctly, I recommend air drying them on a wire rack in the dark away from sunlight until they feel dry then transfer them into a container with desiccant to remove the remaining moisture. I do not recommend using a dehydrator, thought this method would be faster, you risk neutralizing compounds.

Grind the mushrooms very finely with a coffee grinder and sift. regrind any bits caught in the sifter until you have a fine even powder.

Use good quality chocolate (I recommend at least 65% cocoa mass but don't go over 70% as this will be too bitter for most people and don't use milk or white chocolate), by this I mean chocolate that contains only cocoa butter and not supermarket chocolate that has vegetable shortening. If you spent the time and effort to grow your own mushrooms it would be a shame to encase it in shitty chocolate.

Temper your chocolate by "seeding" the melted chocolate with unmelted chocolate. First melt the chocolate either over a double boiler or in the microwave using short bursts to prevent the chocolate from burning or overheating, then slowly add finely chopped chocolate until the temperature is around body temp, I test this by putting some on your bottom lip, it should not burn you and the chocolate should be shiny. (google chocolate tempering by seeding if you need detailed instructions)
by tempering chocolate you ensure the chocolate will not break down and melt easily, it will also maintain the potency of the mushrooms better and keep for much longer.

You can purchase cheap plastic molds at a michaels or other craft store, or at the cake decorating section of walmart. properly tempered chocolate will pop out of the molds very easily once cooled so don't spray the molds unless it's cocoa butter based.

Dosage amounts will always be variable and depend on strain and preparation method, so you will have to test with a few batches.

Ingest chocolates with an acidic beverage like orange juice.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleDrRedBush
I'm unpasteurized
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: soochi]
    #21195309 - 01/29/15 07:35 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I remeber now I think I added coconut oil to it

InvisibleToadstool5
A Registered Mycophile
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Golden State
Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: DrRedBush]
    #21228784 - 02/04/15 11:44 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Silicone molds are a life saver and come in many cool designs, no need to grease them and they are very durable.

A little expensive but it pays for itself in the long run.

--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

InvisiblePFFFT

Loc: Velvet Underground
    #21330919 - 02/25/15 10:38 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
Make sure you dry your mushrooms correctly, I recommend air drying them on a wire rack in the dark away from sunlight until they feel dry then transfer them into a container with desiccant to remove the remaining moisture. I do not recommend using a dehydrator, thought this method would be faster, you risk neutralizing compounds.

man, you should do some reasearch. dehydrators ARE the best way for drying mushrooms. actives in cubes breaks only at 300F , when dehydrators make only ~165F.

Edited by PFFFT (02/25/15 10:38 PM)

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: PFFFT]
    #21332210 - 02/26/15 10:01 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Trust me, I've probably grown more mushrooms than you have. I do my research. Dehydrator temps vary greatly depending on model and where you place the contents within them. You can still oxidize alkalines by exposure to sun and heat which would diminish their effects, the end product should not be "blue" in anyway which is what I've seen too many times from those using a dehydrator.

air drying on a rack with a fan, then into a desiccant container until cracker dry is THE BEST way.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisiblePFFFT

#21336163 - 02/26/15 11:59 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

might be that you have grown more,but using dehydrator is fastest and cheapest way to dry them IME.if use in right time it would not hurt potency. harvest -> dehydrate -> make chicolate or honey. and store them as long as you need.

and desiccant..i would not like to eat mushrooms that had any contact with that.

InvisibleToadstool5
A Registered Mycophile
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Golden State
    #21337566 - 02/27/15 10:08 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

air drying on a rack with a fan, then into a desiccant container until cracker dry is THE BEST way.

This is way faster and cheaper than any dehydrator. You can dry dozens of pounds on a rack and fill a mono with magnesium sulfate to cracker-dry a few lbs at a time. Then you simply bake the wet desiccant for 2 hours to drive off moisture and its reuseable. How can you get cheaper than running a fan 24/7 and the oven for 2 hours? How can you fit 40lbs in a dehydrator?

BTW you can eat magnesium sulfate and be fine, dessicants are not that dangerous.

--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #21338083 - 02/27/15 12:04 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PFFFT said:
might be that you have grown more,but using dehydrator is fastest and cheapest way to dry them IME.if use in right time it would not hurt potency. harvest -> dehydrate -> make chicolate or honey. and store them as long as you need.

and desiccant..i would not like to eat mushrooms that had any contact with that.

Nah. You can't dehydrate bulk shrooms in a dehydrator as fast as you can with fan dry + desiccant.
Plus, zero loss in potency due to no heat. And you don't let the shrooms come in contact with the desiccant.

--------------------

InvisiblePFFFT

Re: Shroom Chocolate [Re: Shroomism]
    #21352434 - 03/02/15 03:08 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

you got me.:crazy: :themoreyouknow:

Edited by PFFFT (03/03/15 12:28 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies