Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Helping myself or ruining my only memories of happiness?
    #2133741 - 11/25/03 12:25 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Here lately when I get reallly upset or mad about about something I just kind of relax and think back to times when I was honestly filled with pure happiness and felt safe. Usually I take myself back to when I wasa  little kid out swimming in the lake with my dad and sister or when i would sit in the middle of the big den floor with all my legos... it's always during christmas cuz there's christmas decorations and a tree that is awe-inspiring to a kid and a big fire goin in the fireplace and my mom dad and sister are all there and I felt so safe and warm and loved.

Anyway, I'm afraid if I keep going to these "happy places" eventually I'll ruin what very few memories I have of actually being truly happy. It's like in my mind when I try to feel happy then those memories will trigger the bad feelings... errr I dont think I explained it good enough. I wish I could like put it in words...

like my thought process would be 'oh I feel shitty... ok think about playing with legos... remember that one time I had to think of this cuz [insert shitty situation] happened... uhgg that was horrible I felt awful... oh now I feel even MORE shitty. life sucks I wanna die'

:crazy: :frown: 

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Helping myself or ruining my only memories of happiness? [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2133838 - 11/25/03 01:27 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

I know what you're saying, and thats a pretty good way to calm yourself down during really bad moments. I usually close my eyes, breath and imagine I'm sitting in the middle of a forest in the late springtime when everything is alive and happy :laugh: I suppose one benefit to that is that I don't associate my good memories with the thoughts that come before I think of them (the bad thoughts that is...) *hug* 

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Helping myself or ruining my only memories of happiness? [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2135389 - 11/25/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

I know exactly what you are trying to say. You don't want those good memories that you think of to be linked to the bad times / memories you've gone thru. Sort of like when you hear a song, it reminds you of a time in your past when you heard that song before..

If you are afraid that you will link bad memories to your good memories, maybe you should practice gaining positive energy a different way.

For example, perhaps you could go outside, away from our fast tracked materialistic lives and try to become closer to nature. Listen to the sounds of the night or day.. Take particular notice of the nature around you. Breathe deep. Enjoy the silence around you. Energy is everywhere. Just relax. Have you ever tried meditation?

Keep in mind that you need to experience some downfalls in order to appreciate the good times. Instead of 'fearing' the bad situations you may come across in life, embrace it. Realize that without them, you would not know what happiness is. Take the negative times in your life and turn them into a learning experience. A way to broaden your personality and character.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being