Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Peruvian cacti? what are risks of eating...
    #2127802 - 11/21/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey guys, today strolling through the neighborhood a friend and I found a big ass cluster of cactus growing in a townhouse area. We broke off about a 5 foot long piece and threw it in my trunk for identification. Unfortunately I dont know where my USB cord is for my digital camera...

Weve been lookin at pics of San Pedro and Peruvian torch all day and my friend is so convinced that it is Peruvian torch that he promises me that hes going to boil some down and make a drink out of it.

My question is, can he die or get sick if its not a Peruvian Torch? It looks really similar to all the pics but I cant be sure until i get a pic up...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Peruvian cacti? what are risks of eating... [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #2127821 - 11/21/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

some cacti are poisonous. i do not believe they are usualy deadly, but cause severe dehydration, wich under some circumstances could lead to death.

as with any plant, identify it before consuming it. many people do not seem to realize, but there is a greater percentage of toxic plants that toxic mushrooms.

i feel compelled to add: do not steal peoples cacti!
sorry, had to say it.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: Peruvian cacti? what are risks of eating... [Re: canid]
    #2128021 - 11/21/03 05:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

and I might add i did not walk into someones property and steal their only cacti, it was in between properties (probably owned by the government ) and there were about 50 huge branches 8feet long in the same spot. The branch we took was laying low to the ground and we didnt uproot stuff ^_^ im sure that whoever owns it is not going to miss this single branch , or notice it is missing for that matter.

Edited by DankBluntZ (11/21/03 05:48 PM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2128042 - 11/21/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ok, ok, fair enough :smile:
just so people reading this keep in mind taht karma, real or not, seems far more liekly to be intimately connected with such powerful plants.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Peruvian cacti? what are risks of eating... [Re: canid]
    #2128417 - 11/21/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know. you should show us and find that cord. I've choped down some cacti that I didn't want any more and was going to throw away and some of them don't smell edible. They smell like industrial glue or sompin. Don't just go there son. Use yer ead.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2128683 - 11/22/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

if it's really a trich you risk loosing your sleep and your common sense after you ingest it...
and you also risk yourself to be welcomed or denied by this very accepting ally... :wink:

FH

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Peruvian cacti? what are risks of eating... [Re: felixhigh]
    #2133609 - 11/24/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I second that one.  :lol: :lol: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates